Whats main diff between tank and raid heals.

81 Human Rogue
Please be specific as to the diff between tank and raid heals.. I have 80 shammy and would like to know what I need to do concerning raids..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
It is much better on healers mana if they have a set "job" and most times it leads to less over healing.

This is very true.

Any healer can tank heal and most can raid heal it just depends on what your raid leader wants to do those jobs.

This isn't so true. All healers can technically tank heal, but are strongest in a raid healing role, or certain healers, like Disc priests, can barely AoE heal at all but are very strong in a tank healing role.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I think the change to Divine Aegis will be pretty good for Discipline's raid healing ability. It essentially increases a Discipline Priest's Prayer of Healing by 30% or more, as long as the damage keeps coming.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I love when others call it disco as well :)

We can bubble spam effectively too -

Get Vuhdo
Tweak it for an hour or so for your style - lots to configure in it - Spend some time on it, I still learn new things on it every day -(Priest shield is experimental, but it rocks)
win!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
the hell?!?

Disc is hands down the best raid healer and worst tank healer from TOC on. WTF game were you guys playing?

To the OP. The tank healer heals the tank. The raid healer heals everyone. Thats pretty much it. I honestly dunno what you're trying to get at here... it's not like it a trick question.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Nah, I've rolled disc heals and we're not the best raid healer. I'd leave that spot for a resto shammy or druid, or holy priest. We do an excellent job with them for raid heals as a pair. Their hots and chain heals work magic with our bubbles and spot healing.

disc is top raid healer.. this is pretty much fact, bubble spam is downright OP its sick. i'm baffled as to how anyone can claim otherwise. a good disc priest makes spike damage non existant, no other class can do this...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Nah, I've rolled disc heals and we're not the best raid healer. I'd leave that spot for a resto shammy or druid, or holy priest. We do an excellent job with them for raid heals as a pair. Their hots and chain heals work magic with our bubbles and spot healing.

disc is top raid healer.. this is pretty much fact, bubble spam is downright OP its sick. i'm baffled as to how anyone can claim otherwise. a good disc priest makes spike damage non existant, no other class can do this...

You are wrong from all of the raids i have done,only once has a disc priest outright beat me and he was in full 277 gear. Sorry to say but gear level difference beat me that time.

METERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you != everyone. It's disc mechanics that make all the difference in the world. hps means nothing in the face of this. Why do I have a hunch you've never done HM encounters...
Reply Quote
Druids used to be king, but I'd say holy and disc priests are the best at it now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Nah I've never been beaten by a pally on the meters. Occasionally by other classes, but for the most part I top the meters in disc. This doesn't mean I think we're the best raid healers. Sure we can provide that which others cannot, but it is only half the equation. We provide the corks, the others do the filling. If we were god's gift to raid healing, every raid would run with two discos which anyone who rolls disco knows that's even worse than running with a pally.

edit: Dreamwalker is the one exception, but that goes without saying as you don't send the disco swimming.

o.O

The ONLY reason you run with 1 disc is because of weakened soul. If it wasn't for WS, I would run with 2 tank heals and the rest disc in a heart beat. Without question. When every raider has to take 40k damage before they even start to lose life that would be just jawdropping OP.

Again, best raid healer hands down. I don't think this is in dispute. Trying to do many of the HM fights without a disc is an exercise in pain. The spike damage just overruns you. Have any of you even done hard modes?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]