Whats main diff between tank and raid heals.

16 Gnome Warlock
I'm surprised anyone thinks Disc is good at tank healing. Holy, on the other hand, is great at both roles.

Sadly, Disc will be relegated to bubble-spamming even more in cata if the current model stays.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
As has been said the idea is that a tank healer heals the tanks and raid healers heal everyone else, thus everyone is covered.

In reality a holy paladin for instance will be beaconing a tank and healing the raid and a resto druid will be healing the raid while keep lifebloom an or other hots on the tank

It really is a combined effort
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
we all like being carried

TROO!!!!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7416/carried2.jpg
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Priest
this thread made me ROFL. pallies raid healing, disc bad raid healers, etc.

pallies raid healing- if pallies are raid healing, the tank will be dead very soon. bad pally!

disc is now an amazing raid healer with PW:S, it's called mitigation, look it up, better than healing in so many ways.

No, not any healer is a good tank healer. holy priests are terribasd tank healers, tanks can easily die with a holy priest spamming flash on them because they have no buffs to their single target heals, like pallies, shammies, and disc priests do.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
pallies raid healing- if pallies are raid healing, the tank will be dead very soon. bad pally!

Derp. Your post is filled with it.

Holy Paladins can raid heal.
Holy Priests can tank heal.
Any healing class can perform any role now.
Read patch notes.
Edited by Outiluke on 11/30/2010 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
they put an article up here a little while back, it's not staying the same they are addressing the mana free for all which they implied will tone down the crazy damage that we get in harder raids.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Derp. Your post is filled with it.

Holy Paladins can raid heal.
Holy Priests can tank heal.
Any healing class can perform any role now.
Read patch notes.

Just because we CAN doesn't mean we SHOULD.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Disc is hands down the best raid healer and worst tank healer from TOC on. WTF game were you guys playing?

Two things.. yes currently, it would take an unbelievable amount of damage to the raid to let other healers surpass what a disc priest can do raid healing with bubbles, simply because the bubbles are 100% effective healing, and get first crack at any damage.

Secondly, when people say disco's are great tank healers, they are either talking about 4.03+; or are just blabbering and repeating what they were told by the game, despite the fact that 3.x, and especially after Ulduar, disc priests were hands down the worst tank healers, by miles.

Currently though, I have a pali and this disc priest and find them to be very close in tank healing capabilities. In Cataclysm I intend to take my disc priest as primary tank healer, but I'll be leveling my pali asap after just in case things go all weird again.

OP... The only thing that strikes me as different, is when you are the one responsible for the tank, fights are extremely exciting/frustrating at first, and then fall back to relaxing once you know them; whereas with raid healing there aren't quite the horribly frustrating, raid wiping, mistakes, but the fight stays interesting for longer because, well, omgomgomg mage just crit umpteen... what do you mean there's fire under my feet, didn't you see that CRIT!!!! You want me to move? But but but, I got a proc!

nb.. Bubble spam can not be sustained at 85.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Again, best raid healer hands down. I don't think this is in dispute. Trying to do many of the HM fights without a disc is an exercise in pain. The spike damage just overruns you. Have any of you even done hard modes?

Best raid healer depends on the precise nature of the raid damage in the encounter. Disc is pretty good at auras (resto druid better), and unmatched in raid wide spike damage. It's ok but not awesome at random spike damage that only affects a few people, and it's not great at random spike damage that's area localized.

Raid damage just isn't created equal, so saying x spec is best for it seems to be a bit of an oversimplification.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]