All melee need an instant gap closer

85 Blood Elf Paladin
All casters should get disarms then.

lol please explain your argument.

If i receive a gap closer so that i can reach you and deal damage, you get a tool to make me useless for 10 seconds? hmm seems logical and balanced.

The argument is simple. When you're in range you're doing damage and I'm unable to do anything but instant damage because you can interrupt me. If every caster has a gap closer then they can't be kited, which means that we need something else to mitigate some damage while you're in range. Just like you can do with interrupts.

Not every caster is a Frost Mage fyi.

So it is balanced if everyone but ret has an instant gap closer, but give ret one too and the sky is falling?

I say give them their gap closers...but take away their rnged abilities. They shouldn't have them anyway for a melee class. Take away freedom and the bubble. Warriors don't have bubbles so why should they. Take away their self heals since they would have no need for them. Gap closer with all your current abilties would make you grossly OP.

where is your proof to back that? i must say that if the dispel system is fixed then we would not really need an instant gap closer but being 100% shut down with the spaming of 1 button is tottally lame. If you think the grass is so green with bubble and freedom then come try out a ret. Its not as bad as some say it is but its not as glorious as you are making it out to be.

warriors do amazing in pvp so i dont know why if you buff ret warriors would be so sub par.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm sure the majority of Paladin's would sacrifice their bubble for a gap closer, the bubble is just a shadow of it's former self, and will probably continue to get nerfed. Non-paladins seem to think it's the god of all abilities, but in all honesty, it's just holding us back. Most of us just use it like ice-block, to get rid of dots and then switch it off quickly. It's hardly useful.

Gap closer > bubble.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ghost wolf better than self cleanse?

K, now I know you're trolling. Have fun.

never said that.

the argument was that we have a gap closer so i thought we were comparing the speed giving from Laotl to ghost wolf. shamans also have a ranged snare which holds them in place.

self cleanse will oom you fast and shamans have a way to get out of snares too. those are probably more closely comparable than cleanse to ghost wolf.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Ghost wolf better than self cleanse?

K, now I know you're trolling. Have fun.

Ret paladins don't get self cleanse(of magic effects).

We do now.

Edit: Self cleanse of roots and snares that is.
Edited by Jefurs on 11/30/2010 7:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Ret paladins don't get self cleanse(of magic effects).

I know, it's almost as if it's BETTER than magic effects.

not really, dot classes melt us now. just saying
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wait till you get to lvl 85. Apparently the play style in cataclysm fudges up the whole PVP dynamic
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm sure the majority of Paladin's would sacrifice their bubble for a gap closer, the bubble is just a shadow of it's former self, and will probably continue to get nerfed. Non-paladins seem to think it's the god of all abilities, but in all honesty, it's just holding us back. Most of us just use it like ice-block, to get rid of dots and then switch it off quickly. It's hardly useful.

Gap closer > bubble.

An absolute immunity is invaluable in arena. It makes everyone stop attacking you completely and resets the fight for your team.

it wont reset the fight at 85, you wont be able to heal to full. just throwing that out there.

the strat is usually train the ret till he bubbles, then finish him. and most teams have a warrior or priest so bubble is actually not as strong as you may think..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Gap closer > bubble.

An absolute immunity is invaluable in arena. It makes everyone stop attacking you completely and resets the fight for your team.

hardly, it just makes all members of the opposing team target your partner(s), while you sit back for a measly 8 seconds casting a few heals till you go oom or doing 50% of your damage. Haters gonna hateeee
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

it wont reset the fight at 85, you wont be able to heal to full. just throwing that out there.

the strat is usually train the ret till he bubbles, then finish him. and most teams have a warrior or priest so bubble is actually not as strong as you may think..

I wonder how people can still call DS the best defensive cooldown in the game when AMS has been around for 2 years.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Gap closer > bubble.

Again. This game is not balanced around 1v1. I said Arena, more often then not you won't be the primary healer.

hardly, it just makes all members of the opposing team target your partner(s), while you sit back for a measly 8 seconds casting a few heals till you go oom or doing 50% of your damage. Haters gonna hateeee

that's what a defensive ability is suppose to do.

I didnt realize my defensive cooldown was supposed to allow me to watch my team die while i sit back and do close to nothing. thanks for the insight.
Edited by Swordianzero on 11/30/2010 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]