Stuns make your game complete garbage in pvp

80 Orc Shaman
OP is a warlock, and coming from almost every single warlock that I've pvp'd with or against, Shadowfury is one of the best things going for the warlock class.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Shaman
You wouldn't want that because they ARE overpowered.

Says the warlock

If you really think fear is op then something is wrong with you lol. Not to mention an entire race, and many classes have fear breakers. Where are the stun breakers? Only on a trinket? Hmm

Yeah, cause you know, Hand of Freedom can break fears.... /sarcasm

Oh you mean bubble, that 8 second duration ability that can be shattered by a warrior, has a 5 min cool down and the fact that you can't dispel magic effects as Ret or Prot in PvP anymore, making it pretty pointless to play anything other then Holy in PvP, yeah you are dumb.

Honestly, it's players like you who cried because Ret could dispel your dots in more then one way, and your tears along with those of mages and druids caused us to get nerfed, not to mention self heals got nerfed and a plethora of other crap that was unnecessary which makes it bad. All we get is stuns, yeah those really work well for about 15 seconds before we die to a warlock or shadow priests dots cause we can't dispel them without bubble.

Enjoy your fears, it's too bad you suck so much that you can't survive a stun or two and can't use your own CC abilities at the exact time necessary to stay alive.

What makes it funnier is that warlocks and mages were and still are ret's counters(well, now all classes are ret's "counter" so w/e).
Any mage or warlocks that complains about ret paladins, only shows us how bad he is.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Shaman
Stuns can be reworked to benefit everyone IMO, whereas they remove or reduce the DR but break on % damage based on the duration of the stun.

I don't think a Paladin enjoys landing a 1.5s HoJ in a BG because the target is already on DR #2. It diminishes the value of your lengthy CD, and outside of rated environments you aren't going to know who just dropped a concussive blow on who, cowstomped, etc.

Contrarily, no one enjoys getting caught in a DK grip-o-rama and then HoJ'ed for a full 6 seconds and dead before you had any opportunity to blow a defensive.

Just some examples, I'm sure you get my gist.

I think there's a middle ground that won't break rated matches/arena and doesn't make the game feel like complete crap to your casual PvPer.

Or we do nothing and worry about actual class imbalances.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

Yea because I'm a warlock IRL.. not like I play other classes or anything. And.. you're a moron. Keep from getting stunned by a few abilities.. possibly. Can't really see stealth. Can't really stop ranged stuns.. the list goes on.

Replace fear and give stun instead. Apparently they're not overpowered so why can't they be spread around more? lol.. we all know the real answer.[/quote]

It looks like someone needs to teach you how to play a lock.[/quote]

Sounds like someone needs to ban the forum trolls. Are you able to hold a conversation? Are you aware that people play more than one character now days? Or is your mind that small?
Edited by Nightshayde on 11/30/2010 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
ITT: OP wasn't around in BC.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Yea because I'm a warlock IRL.. not like I play other classes or anything. And.. you're a moron. Keep from getting stunned by a few abilities.. possibly. Can't really see stealth. Can't really stop ranged stuns.. the list goes on.

Replace fear and give stun instead. Apparently they're not overpowered so why can't they be spread around more? lol.. we all know the real answer.

It looks like someone needs to teach you how to play a lock.

Sounds like someone needs to ban the forum trolls. Are you able to hold a conversation? Are you aware that people play more than one character now days? Or is your mind that small?

are you stupid? His post was right on. Just because YOU suck doesn't mean the class needs any helping. Warlocks were already THE most represented dps class in arena last season with nearly every single overpowered comp centered around them being able to CC someone to oblivion since a few caster spammable CCs don't share DR.

You know what makes pvp really garbage?
Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash Fear Fear Fear Cyclone Cyclone Cyclone Bash
Edited by Azliaris on 11/30/2010 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I personally think silences are more annoying.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
After 6 years one would think people would learn how to use a PvP trinket

Yea because it doesn't have a cooldown. Can we ALL get stun since they're so balanced then? Every class should have a slew of them. You wouldn't want that because they ARE overpowered.

I'm 100% certain that most players would beat you even in the absence of stuns.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Hunter
Didn't read thread to be honest, but hell I'll bite.

Warlock: Felguard intercept(?) Axe Toss, Deathcoil (functions as a stun.)

Warrior: Intercept, concussion blow, throw down, shock wave, charge.

Death Knight: Gnaw

Hunter: Intimidation. Various knock-back pet abilities.

Priest: Psychic Horror (functions as a stun.) Holy Word: Chastise (functions as a stun.

Mage: Impact, Improved Poly morph, Deep freeze.

Rogue: Kidney Shot, Cheap Shot.

Druid: Bash (bear), pounce (cat), maim (cat)

Paladin: Hammer of Justice

Shaman: Wolves stun.

Wish granted, sir.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
OP is a warlock, and coming from almost every single warlock that I've pvp'd with or against, Shadowfury is one of the best things going for the warlock class.

You do know that only destruction gets that right? And this thread isn't about warlocks for the small minded.. it's about stuns vs every class.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
You're posting on your lock. Please post on the toon that makes you cry about stuns.

How about you just get banned for being a forum troll? Sounds good to me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

You do know that only destruction gets that right? And this thread isn't about warlocks for the small minded.. it's about stuns vs every class.

I ntend to partner with a warlock in season 9 and it isn't for the MASSIVE DAMAGES. Even we small-minded people appreciate the control a of warlock.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Druid - Bash, Maim, Pounce, check
Death Knight - Gnaw (Ghoul), check
Hunter - Intimidation, pet stun, check
Mage - Impact, Deep Freeze, Imp. Polymorph, check
Paladin - Hammer of Justice, check
Priest - Holy Word: Chastise, check
Rogue - Cheap/Kidney Shot, check
Shaman - Ghost Wolf stun, check
Warrior - Charge, Intercept, Concussion Blow, Shockwave, Throwdown, check
Warlock - Axe Toss, Shadowfury, check

What do ya know.... every class, including yours has at least one form of stun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

I ntend to partner with a warlock in season 9 and it isn't for the MASSIVE DAMAGES. Even we small-minded people appreciate the control a of warlock.

That has nothing to do with what I posted.....................
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Didn't read thread to be honest, but hell I'll bite.

Warlock: Felguard intercept(?) Axe Toss, Deathcoil (functions as a stun.)

Warrior: Intercept, concussion blow, throw down, shock wave, charge.

Death Knight: Gnaw

Hunter: Intimidation. Various knock-back pet abilities.

Priest: Psychic Horror (functions as a stun.) Holy Word: Chastise (functions as a stun.

Mage: Impact, Improved Poly morph, Deep freeze.

Rogue: Kidney Shot, Cheap Shot.

Druid: Bash (bear), pounce (cat), maim (cat)

Paladin: Hammer of Justice

Shaman: Wolves stun.

Wish granted, sir.

Missed your post rofl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]