Stuns make your game complete garbage in pvp

90 Undead Rogue
I ntend to partner with a warlock in season 9 and it isn't for the MASSIVE DAMAGES. Even we small-minded people appreciate the control a of warlock.

That has nothing to do with what I posted.....................

Warlocks have similar, annoying levels of control to the ones that you're complaining about.

Since you asked for said control to given to everyone as an option (guess what, it already is), your complaints don't stem from any game balance - you're just frustrated that it happened to you one too many times.

Your options were as follows:
1. Huff, deal with it, and move on after dying - you can't win every single time.
2. Think about why you were caught in a moment of weakness, learn from it, and counter it later.
3. Complain about it on the forums and have the rest of us laugh at you for not doing 1 or 2.

Guess which happened.
Edited by Kanoi on 11/30/2010 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Series of events that apparently happened before OP made this thread:

1) OP wanders around Durotar looking for a duel.
2) A less geared rogue comes up to him and asks for a duel.
3) Thinking its going to be a faceroll to beat this rogue, OP clicks accept.
4) OP Dots up the rogue and fears him.
5) The rogue pops pvp trinket, sprints and stuns the OP and goes on about stun locking the OP.
6) Thanks to diminishing returns, the OP is finally out of stun and starts casting fear.
7) The rogue pops cloak and marches towards him.
8) OP, ignorant as he is, continously casts fear.
9) Alas, nothing happens to the rogue as the rogue finished him off with a stun and a finisher.
10) Unable to accept defeat blames his defeat on class mechanics and logs on forums and makes this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It looks like everyone here besides the OP agrees that stuns aren't a problem. Lets all now QQ about ranged-AOE-snares!

The ones that agree that stuns aren't op are the ones with several stuns. Some old..
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I ntend to partner with a warlock in season 9 and it isn't for the MASSIVE DAMAGES. Even we small-minded people appreciate the control a of warlock.

Warlocks have similar, annoying levels of control to the ones that you're complaining about.

Since you asked for said control to given to everyone as an option (guess what, it already is), your complaints don't stem from any game balance - you're just frustrated that it happened to you one too many times.

Your options were as follows:
1. Huff, deal with it, and move on after dying - you can't win every single time.
2. Think about why you were caught in a moment of weakness, learn from it, and counter it later.
3. Complain about it on the forums and have the rest of us laugh at you for not doing 1 or 2.

Guess which happened.

Stuns, overall, are horrible in the game. I have NEVER stated anything about locks, but that's what morons do.. assume, and guess.

Trying to say that one spec (or pet) of a class = the entire class having a stun is about as stupid as it gets

Trying to derail the thread into a "nerf locks LAWLAWLAWL" is just pointless and stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
What class do you feel needs more stun-like effects?

"After 6 years, can we get some serious stun nerfing" <<<<< can you see this part? Do you understand it at all? Take your time and let me know.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Hunter
Missed your post rofl

Hey, no prob. You get one I missed which furthers my point on why OP shouldn't !**#! and moan when his class has 3 effective stuns and at least one no matter what spec they are.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Missed your post rofl

Hey, no prob. You get one I missed which furthers my point on why OP shouldn't !**#! and moan when his class has 3 effective stuns and at least one no matter what spec they are.

Oh look another idiot that thinks "nerf stuns" = "help my warlock".

Sorry, lock has very little problems as demo. I do have 80's of each class though.. want me to post with all of them or what?
Edited by Nightshayde on 11/30/2010 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
NM
Edited by Rosepower on 12/3/2010 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
OP is a warlock, and coming from almost every single warlock that I've pvp'd with or against, Shadowfury is one of the best things going for the warlock class.

You do know that only destruction gets that right? And this thread isn't about warlocks for the small minded.. it's about stuns vs every class.

Well, I did write I was small-minded as you assess it!. Be that as it may, I regard stuns as a species of control and in that respect, Warlocks are not suffering a dearth of it. Too, far from nerfing locks, I have recently been an advocate of a buff to affliction locks.

Also, I and rogues more generally stun opponents far less frequently than pre-4 for a variety of reasons, so stuns, at least for rogues' part, have been nerfed quite beyond the simple CS/KS DR.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Just thought I'd let you (blizzard) know that stuns as they currently are, make pvp not fun and garbage. Being able to take obscene damage while staying locked in the stun after stun is just about as stupid as it gets. After 6 years, can we get some serious stun nerfing. Or start handing them out liberally to all classes.

No. Continue crying and deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Really are stuns THAT BAD Oh boy. Stop getting stunned in the first place.

:Fixed:
Edited by Feornal on 11/30/2010 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
WoW's CC system has two fundamental problems in PvP:

1. Diminishing returns system is strictly inferior to an immunity based system.

2. When TTK < CC duration, CC "breaks" PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Wow, look at all the people defending this current system of being completely stunned with no way of being able to counter it (It's obvious the trinket is on cooldown).

Okay, so now Fear is brought in.

We have a racial that completely nullifies Fear. WoTF. So if Fear is just as strong as a stun, and a racial is able to remove it like a 2nd trinket, WoTF is clearly overpowered.

Keep trying to defend how being in a stun lockout isn't BS.

Because as a demo lock I'm the one now stunlocking rogues and warriors and they're calling it OP.
LOLOLOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]