Instant Soul Fire wasted if already casting

90 Undead Warlock
There's a bug where if you are in the middle of casting Soul Fire and an instant one procs from your Imp, the casted Soul Fire will consume the Imp buff.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Nightfall doesnt go away if you are hardcasting one and it procs. Which is why two shadowbolts go off at the same time when nightfall procs and you are spamming SB.

Soulfire's proc is bugged.

Yeah until it's fixed the best idea would be to stop casting Soul Fire and just use the instant one.

Maybe this is working as intended though? Two Soul Fires going off at once could be a little OP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Maybe this is working as intended though? Two Soul Fires going off at once could be a little OP.

They fixed a similar bug with Starsurge in the last round of hotfixes, and as pointed out, Nightfall does not work that way. Hopefully that means we'll get this fixed soon.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Mage
I concur that I've had this same exact issue and it can be reproduced 100% of the time.

- DPS Dummy
- Chain cast soulfire and watch the procs
- If imp procs mid-cast, soulfire is wasted.

NOTE: It still wastes the proc even if you cancel the full-cast soul fire.

I've also had issues with soul burn -> soul fire. Sometimes it bugs out and won't let me cast soul fire at all.
Reply Quote
I've also had issues with soul burn -> soul fire. Sometimes it bugs out and won't let me cast soul fire at all.

Ditto this, it's really really irritating. I think it has to do with them failing on macro bug they recently "fixed," as my soulfire is cast from a macro that soulburns if it's up.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Nightfall doesnt go away if you are hardcasting one and it procs. Which is why two shadowbolts go off at the same time when nightfall procs and you are spamming SB.

Soulfire's proc is bugged.

Yeah until it's fixed the best idea would be to stop casting Soul Fire and just use the instant one.

you just wasted a GCD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]