Holy Paladin PVP

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been trying to make sense of things since the last swing of the nerf bat, and I am honestly having a bit of trouble. I admit I am probably opening myself up for the flamefest of all time, but I think there are a few things that should be questioned regarding our viability in PVP.

1. Do you agree that the two second proc on Blessed Life was OP? I do. It was ridiculous how much tunneling it took from the other team to bring me down. The only thing better than a holy pally flag carrier in WSG was a holy pally flag carrier with another holy pally running behind him.

2. Would you also agree that an 8 second proc on Blessed Life swung things too far in the other direction? IMO, the proc on this ability should have wound up about in the middle from where it was to where it landed. 4 seconds would still give us the opportunity to survive a bit of tunneling without making us impossible to kill.

Expanding on these two points, once our Holy Shock is on CD, we are relegated to spells with either a ridiculously high mana cost or a ridiculously long cast time. Both inevitably find themselves facing a spell lock from a roflstomp mage that can do enough damage to kill us before we even find our way out of the spell lock.

3. After statements were made of a blue variety that a healer should be able to survive any one on one situation, why have pure DPS classes been given damage bases that allow them to not only one shot 1700 resilience with a 40k damage spell in the worst case or pump out 36-40k damage on 1700 resilience through the course of one stun in the best case? (And if you're thinking of telling me that it balances at 85, just don't. I know first hand that it does not.)

4. Why does it feel like PVP is no longer about who can play the smartest but rather who can keep a player locked down for the longest amount of time until he's dead then move on to the next one?

This is not about QQ as much as its about how PVP has changed with this upcoming expansion. It just feels as though the only way to win is to turn someone into a target dummy and nuke at will. Truthfully, I've been a big PVP fan since I started last year, but I am losing it fast. It isn't fun on any level right now. Just my two cents.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

3. personsally i think every class should have a risk of dieing 1v1 or its not competitive. there are counters and there are matchups, some will never provide that risk and some are a guaranteed win. but, fair fight, equal gear non counter classes it should come down to skill alone.

Respectfully disagreeing with this one from a BG standpoint. If we can be easily wiped out by one player in a BG, then what's the point of having healers in BG's anyway? It should take at least 2 or 3 to kill a healer. This was the way it was for 4.0 but suddenly with 4.3 no longer the case.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think you're over-exaggerating on how pure dps classes can take us down. Most can give me a run for my money but there's usually a way to escape or out heal them (unless there's a long CD or a trinket blown in there.)

If we can be easily wiped out by one player in a BG, then what's the point of having healers in BG's anyway?

You should find team mates who peel dps. Who CC or otherwise !%** them so you can get away. You might not be getting this in random bg's but it will be a a necessity in rated bg's. I don't think one player should be able to drop us, and I don't think any one can, but they should be able to influence the battle in some way.

Nobody wants the days of chasing the healer around pointlessly beating on them either. Though if they're doing that, they really should L2CC&SWITCH!

EDIT: Arcane mages don't count. I don't want to hear about how you got 45k critted.
Edited by Untippabull on 11/30/2010 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
EDIT: Arcane mages don't count. I don't want to hear about how you got 45k critted.

Then I guess I don't really want to respond.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Kylxia on 12/13/2010 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

so a spec that benefits the most from stat inflation is op in the time we have....stat inflation.
woah, didint saw that coming.
noone will be able to take a holy pally 1v1 at lvl 85.
in fact you can watch tv and press your holy shock once in a while and not only heal your team mate but also heal yourself.

lol given how crappy HS is now (heals less than HL), I imagine both your team mate and the pally will be dead very soon if he is only holy shocking "once in a while." HS alone can't even keep someone up on live, much less at 85 when health pools are huge. Even before the HS nerf paladins had to cast to keep people up on the beta.

But yeah, I agree with you op. The BL nerf to 8 seconds was extreme. It makes the talent almost useless. I'd like to see it brought down to 4 or 5 seconds. I have noticed myself being squishy since the latest patch. Literally being killed within a stunlock/silence/whatever cc. Kind of ridiculous. We are a defensive, plate and shield wearing healer afterall. And all healers, no matter what type should be able to take on dps one on one. That doesn't seem to be the case now. We'll see how things are at 85. But with so much reliance by healers on casted heals and melee running around with short cd interrupts and cc being out of control I do wonder how things are going to go. They need to fix things for other healers too. I heard playing a priest in pvp is a nightmare now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

yeah poor holy pallys, holy shock only heals for like 90% of a full penance and also give them holy powwer and infusion procs and other crap load of procs, poor guys
im really feeling sorry for holy paladins in pvp, you guys will be worthless, on the other hand those disc overlords will tear the world appart ;\

Ah what a surprise, a jealous priest. Just because your class is messed up in pvp (which I actually pointed out in my prior post and said it needs to be fixed) doesn't mean there aren't things wrong with other classes.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Look, if you haven't played at 85 you'll just have to wait and see what its like. Your experiences at level 80 are just too different from what it will be like at 85 for these points to matter. You won't get one shot. You will still need skill to beat other players, regardless of how many CC abilities you or your enemies throw out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't think holy paladins are in a position to be complaining.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Complaining about 4.x spells at level 80 is not even worth discussing.

See you at 85.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Yes 2 sec Blessed Life was OP. 8 sec Blessed life is absolute CRAP.

IF we are flag carrying the only way to break cc is our trinket, or get very lucky with our timing on aura mastery. if we miss that or use it we are just sitting ducks.

Yes if your team isnt that great at ccing dps off healers, its almost pointless being a healer in the battle. CC CC CC smash smash CC CC CC smash smash Dead healer. Rez Rinse repeat, what fun.

I am prepared to wait till 85 and see how it pans out, but Blizz bring Blessed life back to 4 secs, Cheers.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I don't think holy paladins are in a position to be complaining.

Honestly, this.

Maybe 8 seconds is too long, but Holy Paladins are ridiculously good, easily the best pvp healer.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Blessed life would be balanced at 6 seconds imo, 2 or 4 is to short but 8 is rediculous. Besides that take away the new IoL which is crap in my opinion and give less haste but guaranteed for one heal after every holy shock (think riptide for shamans but only working on next heal) and then paladins will be perfect and I will actually want to play mine.

P.S. fix purging of druid hots b/c that is a REAL problem.
Edited by Divinebeef on 12/1/2010 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
if you honestly believe healing on a holy paladin is even slightly difficult, you're probably just a *%*#ing retard...which 90% of hte wow player base =\ =\

You're a resto druid and you make a post like that.

Talk about pot calling the kettle black
Edited by Jacobmullins on 12/2/2010 3:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The answers are as follows

1. Yes 2 seconds was OP but 8 seconds is too drastic. I think blizz could have met it in the middle at 5 seconds. Even for the ret cc/stun HP build

2. Well its kinda answered in 1 isnt it? Well see at 85 ;-)

3. Wait for Holy Radiance IMO but the only time you should be using HL is if you get a HS proc other than that FoL and screw mana. (BTW HS proc works with Divine Light love those .6 second 30k+ heals)

4. Get the Stun reduce Meta? not alot of time off the stun but .5 seconds off each stun woot lol plus nothing is really balanced atm and if 4 people are sitting on you, you should be dead. (unless they dont interrupt or lock down)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]