Blizzard, please restore hpally pve and pvp

1 Human Warrior
Nerf after nerf after nerf have been hitting holy paladins and it is at the stage that we are almost useless.

A 50% nerf was given to holy shock the other day, with no notice, no explanation, nothing. PotI has been nerfed as well as a number of other buffs and procs.

There are many PvPers on this forum who don't understand how to play their class to the level required to take down a healer. They never had any trouble downing a holy paladin in WoTLK because of how susceptible they were to CC. Now faced with an opponent who can defend themselves, bad mages, warriors, priests, hunters, rogues, you name it are unable to kill us even though we are JUST as susceptible to CC as before and can be taken down efficiently if the opposer knows what they are doing.

In a cataclysm where health pools are so large, what is the problem with it taking 15 seconds + to take down a holy pally instead of 5 seconds in WotLK. This SHOULD happen; compared to a resto druid, holy paladins have NOTHING utility wise, it really is ridiculous. Please stop listening to these players.

The worst part of this is that it is effecting us in PvE. While the disc priests run mad with power, holy paladins have been nerfed into a bench warming position. Partly due to your attempt to balance pvp with pve. WoW was not created or balanced previously around PvP and Devs have said that they regret putting PvP competitions outside world pvp into the game.

This is true; if PvPers think WoW takes skill they should try a real PvP MMO. So with that in mind I request that you re-buff holy paladins, stop pandering to the bad PvPers on forums etc. and help us be as effective as we can be in cataclysm

Edit: To clarify I appreciate the work you've done and the mammoth task you have with balancing an entire new healing structure but at some point someone has to stand up and say Woah, leave us holy paladins a little bit of dignity, please.
Edited by Ubutanker on 11/30/2010 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
TO THE GROUND
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Joke?
Troll?

If serious, you have a strange train of thought rationalizing your Holy paladin. Holy paladins are the most powerful healers at 80 and 85 in pve and pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
LOL
Reply Quote
I don't think any class should be guaranteed top status at any role in the game. Play the card you are dealt. I for one, don't feel nerfed but rather not the all powerful, healing god I was a week ago.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Holy paladins dying in 5 seconds in PvP now? Serious? Have you considered trying some of your cooldowns?

Do you want to know what PvPing as a holy priest has been like since... um... Burning Crusade? People built macros to specifically '/laugh' at priests in Spirit of Redemption form.

As for utility, I think they should just take out Battle Rez and Soulstone to kill this stupid argument once and for all.

And please don't tell me I can spec disc or shadow and be competitive. I know I can spec into that tree, but it would be like me telling you that you can spec ret.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Holy is fine. Blessed Life got hit a little too hard, but I'm not having trouble working around that.

Maybe you should practice faking casts, and read over your spellbook more carefully. You have quite a few defensive cooldowns. Holy Shock used to be a crap heal, it's still better than it was. When I was your age we only had two heals, and Holy Shock was for burst damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nerf after nerf after nerf have been hitting holy paladins and it is at the stage that we are almost useless.

A 50% nerf was given to holy shock the other day, with no notice, no explanation, nothing. PotI has been nerfed as well as a number of other buffs and procs.

... what is the problem with it taking 15 seconds + to take down a holy pally instead of 5 seconds in WotLK. ...

The worst part of this is that it is effecting us in PvE. While the disc priests run mad with power, holy paladins have been nerfed into a bench warming position. Partly due to your attempt to balance pvp with pve. WoW was not created or balanced previously around PvP and Devs have said that they regret putting PvP competitions outside world pvp into the game.

I'm pretty sure Divine Shield lasts 8 seconds assuming it doesn't get instantly broken. Even then...

Holy paladin healing in PvE is fine, though I'd argue that we aren't the most powerful healers at 80 right now (I keep getting beaten by Rejuv Druids and Chain Heal Shamans in ICC-25 by a considerable amount). I don't see myself being benched any time soon either due to lower healing throughput than previous times.

But honestly, I'm writing too much. I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

They never had any trouble downing a holy paladin in WoTLK

Pretty sure the problem isn't with the class
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I understand that the Holy Paladin's spells are much different in v4.0, but the opportunities are there to be just as effective as before if you manage your mana correctly. When we aren't healing, we can help to down the boss or trash with Exorcism. Yes, we are still tank healers, but we are still the best tank healers in the game and I hear we are getting an AoE heal later on in Cataclysm. Adapt and overcome or respec to Ret.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
... compared to a resto druid, holy paladins have NOTHING utility wise, it really is ridiculous.

I laughed so hard, I wet my pants.

If you are serious, re-read you Pally spellbook.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
And when cooldowns are not available at the time?.... I would rather die on my holy paladin to a mistake I made in the fight instead of a cooldown or CC where I was unable to play for 5-10 sec.

Agreed? ty

When you or your teammate dies when you are cc'd and out of cooldowns; That is the mistake. You need to cycle through your cooldowns at an appropriate time and work with teammates to avoid that cc or to avoid burst when you are out of cds.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And when cooldowns are not available at the time?.... I would rather die on my holy paladin to a mistake I made in the fight instead of a cooldown or CC where I was unable to play for 5-10 sec.

Agreed? ty

So your logic is that you should be strong enough to not need CDs to stay alive, or that your CDs should be short enough so they're always up? Okay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]