Why is battle rez so BROKEN?!

Okay, ever since Vanilla WoW, battle rez has always had the same mechanic(as did Reincarnate for Shaman's). You would have the same amount of battle rezes per encounter as you did druids in the raid. My question, to you Blizzard, why on earth would you decided to change the mechanic after 6 YEARS of having it be the same? On top of them changing the mechanic not making sense to me, the mechanic itself doesn't make sense to me. What I've grasped from reading several forums and just in-game experience is even though your battle rez is off cooldown, it still has a cooldown? I would LOVE to get a blue response on this topic but I would also like an explanation from somebody who has more knowledge on the new mechanic than I have.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People might feel compelled to stack druids if they are able to get multiple battle rezzes off.

Imagine a group with 2 resto druids, a feral tank/dps and a boomkin. That group has 4 battle rezzes.

Now imagine a group with only one resto druid. That group has 1 battle rez. It seems kind of silly that by stacking classes you can get multiple of the most powerful benefits any class can bring to progression content.

That is why they changed it. Now you can have 1 battle rez per fight on 10 man and 3 per fight on 25.
Edited by Wimplee on 11/30/2010 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
So you get are limited to 2 (5 in 25m) combat rez's per an encounter in 10m. This includes Shaman's self rez, Warlocks soulstone, and Druids brez. This is so raids don't stack druids, warlocks, or shamans for their combat rez abilities to better their chances at downing bosses in Cata.

I really don't think it's a big deal. The only thing that's irritating is brez's 30m CD now but eh...

GOD FORBID I would have to rely upon skills, experience and consistency to get my raid through an encounter... not an "oh %@#%" button.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
it's 1/3 not 2/5, and rebirth is back to a 10 minute cooldown.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Battle rezzes didn't take a whole lot of thought, previously.

Now they do.

It's sort of in line with all of the changes Healers are going to be feeling. Hopefully people will adapt and learn to play smarter - we shouldn't assume they will, but we can hope they will. Blizz wants us to pay attention, and Blizz wants us to make choices. Our choices will have consequences, which should make our choices that much more important.

Don't BRez the guy or gal who's going to bite it the moment they stand up. BRez the one who's paying attention to the action going on, and knows to wait til it's safe(r), as they'll actually be able to contribute to the rest of the fight.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I don't imagine I'll ever be Brezzing a dps with the new mechanics. Unless the fight is based solely on an Enrage timer and we're lagging the Bres will now be a tank/healer specific button for me. Law of averages.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I can understand why they did this, but I think it's retarded that they make ss and reincarnate share the cool down. SS should only share a cool down with other soul stones and same with reincarnate. This is going to make both those abilities useless. They said ss would be made into a normal brez, but it hasn't been done.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Paladin
I would be fine with it if as the guy above me said it didn't share the same CD as Shammy and Warlocks. Its bad enough to keep track of the other Druids in the raid, now you gotta keep track of Shaman and Warlocks too.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I imagine it's due to that one guild that paid a bunch of warlocks to soulstone the entire raid so they could get world first ToC achievements. And you can't really do this to soulstone without considering the other combat rezzes.

Including reincarnate is iffy though. Be pretty lame if a single idiot dps shaman can blow your raid's only battle rez.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Wait, wait, wait.... so if someone gets a BRez in fight, i wouldnt be able to reincarnate?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As much as i dont intend on dying in raids.... wtf.

I hate when other class specific talents render my class specific talents useless.

I hate it enough when some other shaman pops hero around me.

Edit: Is it like a Incombat thing, like the cd wont come off unless you break combat, like pots? Or is it a Boss encounter thing? Like does this count for trash too?
Edited by Munney on 12/1/2010 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Edit: Is it like a Incombat thing, like the cd wont come off unless you break combat, like pots? Or is it a Boss encounter thing? Like does this count for trash too?

It's in combat like potions. 1/3 per combat for 10/25.
Edited by Wimplee on 12/1/2010 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
is there a reason they coudn't do something like only one type of Brez per class?
One reincarnate, one rebirth, one soul stone?

I kinda like the idea that tunnelvision dps will not get a brez. BUT MEH CARNATE!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
As a druid with no tank CD/damage mitigation, I always felt Brez filled that role. No I can't save the tank, but I can bring him back afterwards :P

I don't mind only having 1 per encounter, and I don't really care about it being tied to SS since locks hardly ever use it (although I suppose they can SS the tank instead of the druid now). But tying it to reincarnate makes me sad. I supposed with the Full health, Full mana Brez though, mine would be better anyways
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
As a druid with no tank CD/damage mitigation, I always felt Brez filled that role. No I can't save the tank, but I can bring him back afterwards :P

I don't mind only having 1 per encounter, and I don't really care about it being tied to SS since locks hardly ever use it (although I suppose they can SS the tank instead of the druid now). But tying it to reincarnate makes me sad. I supposed with the Full health, Full mana Brez though, mine would be better anyways

For a tank to even look like dying in cata raids (note raids, not heroic dungeons) so far the tank needs to be naked, sitting down facing away from the boss and all the healers afk. I wouldn't worry about tank cds very much :p
Edited by Laurelle on 12/1/2010 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Shaman spell is almost universally inferior to Druid spell, shares cooldown. Sentry Totem removed in 10, 9, 8...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Shaman spell is almost universally inferior to Druid spell, shares cooldown. Sentry Totem removed in 10, 9, 8...

Self res shouldn't be included imo. However, druid and warlock resses are more or less equal (with the changes made to soulstones, anyways).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]