Healing in WotLK v. Cataclysm

90 Dwarf Priest
So today I was running a H-Oculus on this character, my disc priest, with a goal:

To only cast Prayer of Healing the entire dungeon.

I figured this would be the most inefficient way to heal a dungeon. I was the only person above 4.5k GS in the dungeon.

I didn't drop below 85% mana the entire dungeon.

I can only hope that in Cataclysm, the promises for more difficult healing and more Vanilla-like strategy for healing will come true!

It's nice sometimes to go on auto-pilot, but playing this game for the challenge, and the feeling of actually controlling a situation through my healing is what is actually fun. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I used to only heal heroics with lifebloom.

I can't do that now though D:
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You can't do it in Cata dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Woe
the item level difference between healing wrath heroics in heroics gear and healing wrath heroics in current icc gear is actually pretty similar to the item level difference between decent level 70 gear and entry level wrath heroic gear.

seriously imagine for a moment, healing a BC heroic with a full set of naxx 10 gear and try to convince yourself of a reasonable expectation to be challenged.
Edited by Numberonedad on 12/1/2010 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I doubt spamming PoH would work in cata.

I'm getting used to healing by bubbling the tank and dpsing with archangel and evangelism, and tossing in a few heals and penances here and there; but even with doing that I rarely ever drop below 95% mana.
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Druid
I used to run WotLK heroics using nothing but Holy Nova. It's the sort of thing you can do with excessive gear for the content.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
the item level difference between healing wrath heroics in heroics gear and healing wrath heroics in current icc gear is actually pretty similar to the item level difference between decent level 70 gear and entry level wrath heroic gear.

seriously imagine for a moment, healing a BC heroic with a full set of naxx 10 gear and try to convince yourself of a reasonable expectation to be challenged.

I wasn't expecting it to be hard right out of the gate, obviously most people are gear inflated right now as it's the end of an expansion. I'm saying when I hit level 85 after replacing all my gear, I better get a challenge!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i went into H Nexus the other day with a well geared bear tank, and didnt cast a heal until haflway through the first boss.. These Heroics are way too EZ mode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]