Holy Glyphing

89 Draenei Paladin
Just throwing this out there, since my off spec for when I am not tanking is healing. Anyways here is what I am thinking so far, and I believe it should do well for Cata dungeon healing when I play my paladin between bouts of playing my worgen.

Prime
Holy Shock - Extra critting here to invoke faster cast on Divine and Holy Light is nice, even if it's still based on RNG.

Seal of Insight - Increasing our healing by 5% is a no brainer.

Word of Glory - Increasing a no mana cost heal by 10% in effectiveness is a no brainer as well.

Major
Cleansing - Reducing mana cost of cleanse should basically be on the forefront of holy spec. Lot's of powerful debuffs in vids I've seen lately and if you aren't cleansing them off, from what I can tell, you are burning excessive mana just trying to keep targets alive from the debuffs/dots themselves.

Long Word - Turns Word of Glory into an HoT. Useful, IMO, in making sure we are not wasting healing potential and gives a holy paladin a small bit of extra breathing room while casting a longer or more powerful heal. Opinions on that?

Salvation - Turns Hand of Salvation from a reduced threat over time to an intant threat wipe. Make a macro to target self then cast on self and have the paladin version of priest fade. If you aren't good at retargetting probably not the best idea and if you aren't paying attnetion you could end up destroying the group if you hit the tank, so want opinions, good, bad, indifferent.

Minors I am just going to say, who cares. Paladin minor glyphs suck as they currently stand.
Edited by Louneigru on 12/1/2010 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think the Glyph of the Long Word is actually a very poor choice. Word of Glory restores a decent chunk of health, granted, but not nearly enough to make 50% of it either an effective up-front heal, or an effective HoT.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
get glyph of divinity, it says it give 10% mana back but its bugged atm and give 20%.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
get glyph of divinity, it says it give 10% mana back but its bugged atm and give 20%.
I ahve glyph of divinity and I never use LoH. I can count on one hand the times I've actually used it. And 10% mana back is all and well, but I am never starved for mana.
Edited by Louneigru on 12/1/2010 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I prefer GoDFavor over Holy Shock. Crit chance is still chance, and Favor at least lets me roll out faster spells for more output without depending on chance.

As for Long Word, its unique, and I like having a choice between it and whatever else, though for new content I'd probably stem away from it since I'd rather have my WoG hit for full power right away instead of half and have the hot potentially overpowered by shear DPS. Else its pretty nifty for 5 mans, for reasons like you said. I like to rotate between this glyph, Light of Dawn, and beacon, depending on what I need.

Also, if you need to salv yourself as a holy paladin, your tank is doing something very VERY wrong...
Edited by Criceto on 12/1/2010 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
I prefer GoDFavor over Holy Shock. Crit chance is still chance, and Favor at least lets me roll out faster spells for more output without depending on chance.

As for Long Word, its unique, and I like having a choice between it and whatever else, though for new content I'd probably stem away from it since I'd rather have my WoG hit for full power right away instead of half and have the hot potentially overpowered by shear DPS. Else its pretty nifty for 5 mans, for reasons like you said. I like to rotate between this glyph, Light of Dawn, and beacon, depending on what I need.

Also, if you need to salv yourself as a holy paladin, your tank is doing something very VERY wrong...
I chose salvation for an auxiliary get the agg off me card for the simple fact, from all the vids I've seen the tank isn't always going to have that luxury of doing it always right. And in the off chance I might have the debuff up, it might be better in the long run.

As far as Divine Favor, that I might look into, but the beacon glyph? It lasts 5 minutes now and at level 80 it's only 263 mana. Honestly, if your mana pool is being devastated by Beacon then I might say somethings wrong there. Light of Dawn "might" be useful in a raiding environment, and that is exceptionally questionable on it's usage. 1 extra target really isn't going to make or break anything. If you hit 5 targets alone you will most likely cap off whoever has the beacon (which should be the tank IMO) and outside a few situations I rarely see people bunch up anyways to make the most of beacon. And with the mobility requirement of several of the Cata boss fights I've watched, Dawns usefulness is even more questionable now to me.

Agian, as for long word, all of the heal upfront is wonderful,t hat I won't dispute, but you tend to waste more than you actually use. WoG already crits even with long Word for over 10k for me regularly, and more often than not that leaves a large chunk just disappearing off into the ether of unused healing potential. I will have to find out later on it's usefulness in Cata dungeons I guess.
Reply Quote
I chose salvation for an auxiliary get the agg off me card for the simple fact, from all the vids I've seen the tank isn't always going to have that luxury of doing it always right. And in the off chance I might have the debuff up, it might be better in the long run.

Just because you've seen one bad egg doesn't mean they all are. Besides, DShield's mechanics with aggro work exactly the same as GoSalv, so even if they run off they'll come running right on back after it fades. Best keep it baseline and save it fopr the mage who is going to pull aggro after he pops his CD's mid fight.

As far as Divine Favor, that I might look into, but the beacon glyph? It lasts 5 minutes now and at level 80 it's only 263 mana. Honestly, if your mana pool is being devastated by Beacon then I might say somethings wrong there. Light of Dawn "might" be useful in a raiding environment, and that is exceptionally questionable on it's usage. 1 extra target really isn't going to make or break anything. If you hit 5 targets alone you will most likely cap off whoever has the beacon (which should be the tank IMO) and outside a few situations I rarely see people bunch up anyways to make the most of beacon. And with the mobility requirement of several of the Cata boss fights I've watched, Dawns usefulness is even more questionable now to me.

You're right, 263 mana is pocket change, however, on tank rotations its nice to be able to recast Beacon on the new tank for nil mana. Penny saved and all that jazz... And a side note, the mana free beacon procs Solace, so I like to exploit that before a pull :B.

As for Light of Dawn, with how powerful the spell is it would be foolish not to take this glyph for a raid seeing it doesn't deteriorate like Chain Heal per target. And for movement, how can its use be questionable when its an instant? The whole purpose of it being instant is to be able to use it on the go. It has plenty of range and its a cone effect, just line them up and you're all set.

Agian, as for long word, all of the heal upfront is wonderful,t hat I won't dispute, but you tend to waste more than you actually use. WoG already crits even with long Word for over 10k for me regularly, and more often than not that leaves a large chunk just disappearing off into the ether of unused healing potential. I will have to find out later on it's usefulness in Cata dungeons I guess.

Exactly, in a 5 man it overheals a majority of the time, hence why i like using it there, but in a raid i want to get that tank topped off quick before the boss uses a burst ability, and a HoT just cuts it short.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As a recommendation, a great glyph of [Divine Protection] for a major has been one I have been experimenting with and I have been recieveing great results. Also, picking up the talent [Paragon of Virtue] allows it to be talented down to a 40 second cooldown, while [Divine Protection] lasting 10 seconds, it proves to be very powerful. Considering most the time the raid takes powerful raid spikes of magc damage it really helps to be able to control it.

Also, what other glyph would you use, [Beacon of Light]? Maybe back in the day when it was 1500+ but now there is no reason switching to a different target shouldn't be done considering the excuse of "it costs too much" is unable to be used. We kinda got the short end of the stick on our major and minor glyphs considering we have no "key" ones but I offer this one a try.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]