stress

100 Pandaren Shaman
01/16/2014 02:01 PMPosted by Lugrik
so i should focus on spirit - is that in terms of gems and enchants too or just like gear?

Spirit is a tough stat. You want just enough of it to last through the entire fight. I like to have enough so that I end the hardest fight at 5% mana. This means I have a bit of extra mana in case of emergency. It's a comfort stat, there is no definitive number to stop at.

I'm at 8.9k right now, but you'll notice I'm reforged out of spirit everywhere possible. My point where I feel comfortable is 8k, back in ToT it was 6.5k. I've been seriously considering switching my spirit gems to stam, but there isn't really much point, so I just leave them. But I have seen Shamans who need 11k and others who need 10k.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I appreciate the support you guys - it makes me feel a lot better about continuing on with healing. I really do enjoy it - just not the constant abuse from certain people.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Glad to hear you're gonna stick with it. :)

Eventually with time and practice you can become Very Good and people WILL notice and the comments will start swinging in the other direction... though they will be far less lavish in their delivery. :P Keep in mind that the polar opposite of "OMFG YOU SUCK WORST HEALER EVER WE HATE YOU EXPLETIVES OMFG MONKEY BUTTS OMFG" is "nice heals" or "thx heals" or "omg we didnt die?"

hehe
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
One more afterthought:

If you want a good laugh (and to see what other healers sometimes have to put up with), check out the endlessly-popular Healer forum thread chain of Things You Don't Want to Hear While Healing PuGs. The current thread (#13!!!!) is here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11224202836

Sometimes, all you can do is laugh, because otherwise, you'd cry ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
01/16/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Lugrik
I feel like just giving up altogether - I don't know what to do. :(

You play with people you want to play with: http://twistedmindwow.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/the-importance-of-being-earnest/

Fingers crossed that player behavior is on the radar for development time. That or combat logs will be borked at WoD release.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Twisted... <3

ty for everything you do for the priest community, for the healing community beyond your fellow white-named clothies, and for the greater WoW community at large.
Edited by Iiritha on 1/17/2014 2:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
thanks folks - for all your advice and what not.

And that 13 part stupid thread series is priceless! :V
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Not much else to say except that I've noticed that people also tend to be particularly abusive towards players on RP servers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I just play here cause I like the atmosphere. I have toons scattered everywhere from Whisperwind to Illidan(barf). personally i don't judge a person's ability by their server name or faction.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
01/16/2014 02:01 PMPosted by Lugrik
so i should focus on spirit - is that in terms of gems and enchants too or just like gear?

Well honestly, 13k spirit should be sufficient for LFR/Flex. If you find yourself still going oom, I'd focus getting more crit and also reevaluating your spell usage. Chances are you are either casting too often or casting inefficient spells more often than you need to. I'm not well versed with the ideal Shaman rotation but there are guides online that have this information.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Sorry you had to go through this. No one, ever, has to, even if they're bad.

As for spirit, at low gear levels, you'll crave for it. Get some for breakfast. Sprinkle it on your tacos.

My friend, who is about same ilvl as me, has 16k. He says the shaman heals are costly.

You can reforge out of it later. You'll know when to.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
01/17/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Frozenorange
Not much else to say except that I've noticed that people also tend to be particularly abusive towards players on RP servers.

Now with connected realms, I've noticed RP servers showing in my LFR groups, and those players have a lot of "road rage".
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Twisted... <3

ty for everything you do for the priest community, for the healing community beyond your fellow white-named clothies, and for the greater WoW community at large.

i liek frenz
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
01/18/2014 06:53 PMPosted by Saandstorm

Now with connected realms, I've noticed RP servers showing in my LFR groups, and those players have a lot of "road rage".

Eh, the problem with generalizations is they're general. I play on an rp server because past experiences have me with the bias that generally people there are a bit nicer and more laid back, which of course is another generalization. But if you base all your experiences on lfr/lfg/my ignore list I'd assume everyone on Area 52 is a jerk and that can't be true.

I really don't think the people who act this way in lfr/lfg really need much of an excuse, they will find a reason to look down and abuse people regardless of their server type, their gear, or how they play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/18/2014 05:29 AMPosted by Sengis
As for spirit, at low gear levels, you'll crave for it. Get some for breakfast. Sprinkle it on your tacos.

bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

/wipes tear from eye

oh that's priceless :D
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
LFR is looking for retards just think of it that way and yeah its hard believe me i heal on my paladin and i get tore in to shreds but people but i just simply ignore them because 1. i don't know them in real life 2. i am here to get gear 3. i rule the possibility they are 5-18 years of age that have nothing better to do than to cyber bully instead of putting more effort into the run and simply put find sites and work with that and find your comfort zone i mean if i did play horde side and i was dps or tank heck heals and asked me about your gear i would put my 2 coppers in and try to help but finding people to actually help you is a needle in a hay stack but don't quit over childish antics.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Don't try to base your stats gear and gemming based off what you see full heroic geared Resto shaman doing. Resto is an interesting class, but if you're going to try and play with the haste build you should be pretty well versed in shaman healing first.

I recommend that starting out you shoot for 3764 haste. Use the Ancestral Swiftness talent. Gem int and crit and spirit/crit gems, run with 13k or so spirit adjusting as you feel that you need. High crit will give you high resurgance procs = more mana return so you may find you can reduce your spirit the more crit you gain.

As far as gameplay goes starting out, I recommend you create weak auras to help you track Unleash Elements. Make a simple WA that is easily visible to you so that you know everytime Unleash Elements is off of cooldown and you be sure to cast it followed by a healing rain. Use this until you become familiar with the spells cooldown before long you'll notice that your brain has an internal timer for it. The same thing goes for Healing Stream Totem. Keep your riptides going out on people, especially tanks, be sure to track riptide and earth shield on whatever raid frames you're using. Use you're chain heal, healing surge, and waves as fillers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What's awesome? This thread is awesome. .JPG
Reply Quote
Dont worry lol. In LFR, i get about 50% of the heals unless there is another well-geared healer in with me. and i still get !@#$ from random people..

To be completely honest, if they are being too much of as %^-, Use your ability to choose life and death as a healer ;D They usually either leave, or shut up pretty quickly.

Happy Healin!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]