Addon advice requested

90 Human Warlock
Would love it if some of you old pro healers out there could direct me towards a healing addon.

I'm familiar with Healbot, but there are to many utility spells for my old school mouse and my wow gaming mouse isn't compatible with the addon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Is VuhDo compatible with your mouse?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
Are you clique casting? I don't imagine your healing addon should affect what buttons you can bind...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah you're losing me on the gaming mouse -> addon compatibility. Can you shed a little more light on the issue you are having?

VuhDo
Healbot
grid + Clique
Blizz frames + clique
ElvUI frames
Shadowed Unit Frames

Off the top of my head these are the best, easiest, universally acknowledged and frequently updated ways to go. Any mouse should work with any option.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/17/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Nerfd
but there are to many utility spells for my old school mouse and my wow gaming mouse isn't compatible with the addon.

Even with a three button mouse you can get a lot of options by using modifiers. With shift/alt/ctrl your three button mouse turns into a 12 button mouse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sorry let me be more clear.. Healbot is the only addon I've used to heal with ever.. and I just wanted to know if there was an addon that worked similar but where I could use all the mouse buttons. if not I'll work it out or just keep my priest shadow spec'd lol thx for the tips and that list Bunny.. real helpful :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2014 09:55 PMPosted by Nerfd
Sorry let me be more clear.. Healbot is the only addon I've used to heal with ever.. and I just wanted to know if there was an addon that worked similar but where I could use all the mouse buttons. if not I'll work it out or just keep my priest shadow spec'd lol thx for the tips and that list Bunny.. real helpful :D

You can pretty much do that with any addon :D VuhDo has it built in something ilke grid would require clique as mentioned.

I use VuhDo with a razer mouse (15 buttons) and have had no issues :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
The best advice one can give about healing addons is: don't use them.

The raid frame is unlock-able, so you can position it wherever is comfortable to you.

You can also use a simple mouseover macro to increase your reaction time (hover mouse over name and push button, instead of clicking), to the shapes of:

#showtooltip heal
/target mouseover
/cast heal

There are more complex macros out there, to ensure you won't target the wrong person and so on, but this one does the job just fine

Also, one other advice I give is: bind your keys to 1-5 and f1-f5, so you can target with your right hand and heal with the left.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Lisabel

I believe Vuhdo is compatible with just about everything. I don't like using the Naga addon so I just bind the keys through Key Local. Seems to work for me so far.

The best advice one can give about healing addons is: try them out.

My primary format to healing right now is mouseover healing- However.
Healing addons are not bad, just like the Blizz raid frames are not bad. The difference is in what you wish to accomplish with them.
I have Vuhdo because it displays information in a format that I want it in. I can blacklist/ whitelist, change the style/alert of anything that I want to know/don't want to know. Besides being an information base, with which is compatible with mouseover healing, I also use it for my Hands (Protection, Salvation, Sacrifice) and to track my Illuminated Healing in a manner that is much more effective for me.
Edited by Ceresc on 1/18/2014 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
01/18/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Ceresc

I believe Vuhdo is compatible with just about everything. I don't like using the Naga addon so I just bind the keys through Key Local. Seems to work for me so far.

The best advice one can give about healing addons is: try them out.

Healing addons are not bad, just like the Blizz raid frames are not bad. The difference is in what you wish to accomplish with them.
I have Vuhdo because it displays information in a format that I want it in. I can blacklist/ whitelist, change the style/alert of anything that I want to know/don't want to know. Besides being an information base, with which is compatible with mouseover healing, I also use it for my Hands (Protection, Salvation, Sacrifice) and to track my Illuminated Healing in a manner that is much more effective for me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think addon users are bads or lazy. But I had my addon crash once in a vital part before, so I decided tot ry addonless healing, which I thought I wasn't good enough for. i ended up finding it so easy I now advocate for it :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm not a fan of healing addons. I just use mouseover macros with ElvUI's raid frames. Does everything I need it to.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I prefer Healbot because it is the best for tracking HoTs and debuffs imo but you can get the same results with any of the addons Bunny listed. Just try them out and see what feels right.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/18/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Sengis

Don't get me wrong, I don't think addon users are bads or lazy. But I had my addon crash once in a vital part before, so I decided tot ry addonless healing, which I thought I wasn't good enough for. i ended up finding it so easy I now advocate for it :P

Addonless is just as fine as healing with addons. I prefer to heal with addons because it gives me more information and customizability. The best setup is the one that works for you (I use the same setup on all healing toons, including the one I heroic raid on and even on my dps toons just purely for looks).

That and the blizz frames kept breaking and driving me nuts so I swapped to VuhDo T_T
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]