Burden of Eternity farming?

90 Goblin Death Knight
Is there any way to farm these rather than killing rares? can they drop from the turtles or frogs or anything? In 2 weeks ive only gotten one from the ship and one from the blazing chest i would really like a few more to get some upgrades.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Can gamble timeless coins in the monkey cave (opening timeless chests).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The other guaranteed one is the Arch of Flame quest after you reach honored with Shaohao. Other than that, gambling with coins in the cave has worked out well for me. I have only had one ever drop, and that was off Arch of Flame. All the others from me have been the guaranteed ones, and from gambling.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/21/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Troggles
They nerfed the rate for the chest burdens pretty badly.

Yesterday I bought 365 keys to get some leather TI gear for a Rogue alt, got a grand total of 0 burdens during that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
no idea what gambling timless coins in the monkey cave means lol guessing i should look into that when i get home from what
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/21/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Showroom
no idea what gambling timless coins in the monkey cave means lol guessing i should look into that when i get home from what

Well when you figure it out, there is also a decent humoniod pet named Bonkers you get from said "Gambling"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/21/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Showroom

http://www.wowhead.com/item=101538
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
The burdens can drop from anything. Better chance from rares.

You can buy burdens for 50k tokens at the vendor next to Emperor.

The chests are in Kukuru's cave, which is between the caves were Tsavo'ka and Spelurk spawn. I've documented my efforts at getting burdens from the chests here on the forums and I continue to keep track in game. What I do is buy 50k worth of keys (100) since it is the same amount of buying one outright at the vendor. My original trials showed about a 50/50 chance of getting a burden this way (per 100 keys), however as I have gone on, the numbers are dropping -- I'm guessing more around 40/60 chance. However, when you open the chests you get tokens back so the cost is still probably about the same as buying one outright, even if you have to go through 200 or so keys. You do get additional pieces of armor and the pet which can then be sold for gold as opposed to tokens.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/21/2014 01:53 PMPosted by Cihys
The burdens can drop from anything. Better chance from rares.

You can buy burdens for 50k tokens at the vendor next to Emperor.

The chests are in Kukuru's cave, which is between the caves were Tsavo'ka and Spelurk spawn. I've documented my efforts at getting burdens from the chests here on the forums and I continue to keep track in game. What I do is buy 50k worth of keys (100) since it is the same amount of buying one outright at the vendor. My original trials showed about a 50/50 chance of getting a burden this way (per 100 keys), however as I have gone on, the numbers are dropping -- I'm guessing more around 40/60 chance. However, when you open the chests you get tokens back so the cost is still probably about the same as buying one outright, even if you have to go through 200 or so keys. You do get additional pieces of armor and the pet which can then be sold for gold as opposed to tokens.

That's interesting.

I must be lucky then. On one of my toons, I gambled with about 26K and got two burdens last night.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
01/21/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Ohgodfleas

Yesterday I bought 365 keys to get some leather TI gear for a Rogue alt, got a grand total of 0 burdens during that.

The RNG is pretty wild. I was sitting on about 50k coins on my hunter so I decided to use them on the chest to get tokens to use and DE. Got 3 Burden in my first 100 keys, then another Burden with the next set of keys I bought with the coins I got back. Most of the time I take an alt in there and use 80-100 keys but not get a single Burden.

There really is no way to farm the burdens, they're a completely random drop. If you don't mind running LFR, that gear over all is generally going to be better even if it's 528 instead of 535 and I honestly suggest doing it instead. The random itemization with the Timeless gear is terrible (by intention).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/21/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Ohgodfleas

wow you have horrible luck. i have been averaging one burden per ~15,000 coins gambled. I mean, starting with around 15k coins, buying 30ish keys, use them all, buy more keys, use them all, etc. until I can't buy any more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

wow you have horrible luck. i have been averaging one burden per ~15,000 coins gambled. I mean, starting with around 15k coins, buying 30ish keys, use them all, buy more keys, use them all, etc. until I can't buy any more.

You have awesome luck! I spent over 120k coins and 0 burdens. Then yesterday had 1 drop off a tiger.

I won't be wasting any more coins on keys, that's for sure! Better to stick with the sure thing of buying one for 50k then gambling, for me anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
The RNG hates me, always has probably always will :( My husband has better luck getting burdens than I do, but I think he buys at least 100 keys each time as well. It's just that I buy my keys up front and not keep going until the tokens run out. He typically does start out somewhere around 20k tokens.

When I start out with 50k tokens, I only "lose" about 20k per trial. My drops back are pretty consistent, I get +/- 2 bonkers, +/- 7 pieces of timeless and I get a burden just slightly less than every other time.

I already bought the mount so I have no need of saving tokens. Is nice that it is sharable across the characters :) so I do a fair number of trials since I have nothing else to do with the tokens. I should start keeping track of how many I do, I only tracked about the first 20 trials done with 3 different characters. I've done at least 50 trials now, and I've gotten more burdens through hunting than through chests.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I buy 10 keys at a time and just keep going and going until I can't buy any more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Farm timeless coins
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Best off farming the Timeless Coins to buy them. Always hit as many Rare Elites as you can, because you'll pick up a Burden here and there from them. Heck, I got one off an Imperial Python on one of my alts yesterday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
01/21/2014 02:03 PMPosted by Joynal
There really is no way to farm the burdens, they're a completely random drop. If you don't mind running LFR, that gear over all is generally going to be better even if it's 528 instead of 535 and I honestly suggest doing it instead. The random itemization with the Timeless gear is terrible (by intention).

Rings and boots are a pretty good bet for Burdens i.e.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Nolence/simple

No sockets but the itemisation as long as your not unlucky tends to be pretty good.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You have better odds running LFR SOO every week and upgrading your drops, plus it will be better itemized.

01/21/2014 02:57 PMPosted by Mate

I'd agree, although I told a friend to use it on a ring and the next night he got two better one in one raid...and blamed me for using the burden.

As others have said as well, farm the coins and buy them versus any one type of rare over and over or gambling.
Edited by Ntah on 1/21/2014 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/21/2014 02:57 PMPosted by Mate

Chest > Legs > Helm > Shoulders > Neck = Cape = Boots = Bracers = Gloves > Rings

The first 3 give gem slots while the shoulders give larger stats than the rest. The rest are eh but if you have nothing left to upgrade go with that.
Edited by Essloru on 1/21/2014 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]