Siegecrafter Blackfuse

100 Orc Hunter
Is there any particular reason why hunters are the "go to" class for the belt on Siegecrafter Blackfuse? I'm not the best hunter in the world, I freely admit that, so no matter how hard I try, I cannot make the jump off the belt. It's guaranteed death for me.

So when I try to do Flex 4, immediately it's "we have a hunter, she's on belt duty". I try it, I fail, we wipe, i get kicked.

Yes, I know, some of you are saying, "learn to play your class" and I get that and am working to get better, but my question still is, why do hunters immediately get pegged for belt duty?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
Because we can go up every time and (normally, hopefully) have the dps each time to bring down the weapons.
It's also easier for us to move around compared to casters.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
BM has great burst, which is what the belt is all about. Even as SV, I have no problems getting something down in 10N. Make sure BA is on something to get a LnL proc, or drop a Ice Trap at Blackfuse's feet just before you hop in the pipe.

If you're having issues jumping off the pipe, remember that you can jump to move against the direction of the pipe. That lets you get into a more advantageous position for either disengaging off (do this in the middle of the conveyer belt where the gap is the smallest) or for jumping in the pipes for the port.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Id say its our high mobility, able to move while attacking and able to attack through the lasers to hit the weapons, unlike a melee for instance where he would have to be running around the lasers to reach the weapon that he is targeting :p

You aren't the only one that can fail at that jump, i know i have a few times and im sure many others have also. Id suggest trying to just Disengage off the belt back onto the boss platform if you have trouble making that jump into the pipe, it works pretty well and i tend to do it that way just to be safe lol
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Disengage off the belt to leave, don't jump in the pipe.

If you're not comfortable with that either, just stay on the belt as long as possible. It'll kick you off eventually (and safely).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
If you're not good at jumping off the belt, just wait it out. Siege yoinks you off the belt right before the new wave spawns. I do this if I ever hop up late. Switch Cheetah on if you're worried about getting too close to the end, belt person doesn't take any damage from the other mechanics.

The other option is to disengage off.
Edited by Aertea on 1/22/2014 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
We are able to run and gun,thus giving us better chance on killing stuff before end of the line(i play survival/marksman so far marksman is doing better on the belt due to controlled burst).
P.S you don't have to jump down if you kill add on time boss will pull you down if you just stay at the belt.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Thanks everyone for the feedback. This is exactly the feedback I needed from the hunter community. I'm off to queue up for LFR so I can practice getting off the belt! I figure if I'm expected to be on belt duty I might as well try my best to get it right.
Reply Quote
tip disengage off the belt usually works for me.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
High mobility. To be completely honest though, I have never done the belt on Siegecrafter. The flex groups I have been in seem to prefer mages or warlocks, lol. Same with the siege engineers on Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
01/22/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Anathemasit
Is there any particular reason why hunters are the "go to" class for the belt on Siegecrafter Blackfuse? I'm not the best hunter in the world, I freely admit that, so no matter how hard I try, I cannot make the jump off the belt. It's guaranteed death for me.

So when I try to do Flex 4, immediately it's "we have a hunter, she's on belt duty". I try it, I fail, we wipe, i get kicked.

Yes, I know, some of you are saying, "learn to play your class" and I get that and am working to get better, but my question still is, why do hunters immediately get pegged for belt duty?

Every bit of our dps can be done while moving, a shadow priest needs to stop to cast and aside using levitate its impossible for them to do anything positive on belts for example.

Now as for your issue... you DO NOT JUMP OFF THE BELT.... just walk into the tube WITHOUT jump, dont worry you will make it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Our mage team does belt. Hunter(s) pew pew the boss and bombs (if they spawn).

Haven't done H yet.
Reply Quote
I have been letting the boss pull me off the few couple of runs ever since I fell off the side lol.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Every dps class can do belts but they dont because the other classes are too lazy to do the belt. Nobody likes doing belts. It is a pain in the !@#. Hunters are the go to class for all the $%^- jobs in raids because we get *!@# done.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters are best "Lucys".

Conveyor belts are doomed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/23/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Alryk
Every dps class can do belts but they dont because the other classes are too lazy to do the belt. Nobody likes doing belts. It is a pain in the !@#. Hunters are the go to class for all the $%^- jobs in raids because we get *!@# done.

Amazingly enough, there are actual reasons for this common phenomenon.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
As others have said, if you don't want to risk making a mistake, don't bother trying to jump or disengage off the belt, just wait and the boss will automatically grip you down right as the next person is due to come up. Even on normal difficulty progression, I did this tactic to make sure I never died and the dps requirements for the boss were not so tight that my reduced uptime mattered.

Once you're comfortable, you can try disengaging off. As others have said, try to do it near the middle-ish area vs the very end, you'll have a shorter distance to go. I recommend having disengage GLYPHED so you have max distance traveled, and obviously you want to be standing near the edge. Also, watch the timers on missiles, I have managed to disengage right into the missile strike and insta-died on at least one occasion because I wasn't paying attention.

Tip--if you want to actually move UP the belt (against the current), run forward WHILE JUMPING. You can eventually make it back to the front of the belt if you wanted. That will help you make sure you're in the best position before you disengage off.

And yeah, I always gotta do belts. Dat BM BURST! I actually like it, it's easier than dealing with the cluster#$$@ on the ground :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/24/2014 07:02 AMPosted by Pawsea
I recommend having disengage GLYPHED so you have max distance traveled

Don't waste a glyph slot. It's not worth it.

Using disengage is a good idea. If you don't want to do that, you want to make sure you DO NOT jump into the exit pipe. Just keep aiming at it while walking and step off the belt towards it. It often looks like you wont make it b/c the belt keeps messing with your angle, but you will. If you try jumping into the pipe, you will typically overshoot it and fall to your death.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
01/22/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Anathemasit
I cannot make the jump off the belt.
you know if any normal flex group will have you solo it and someone else for the set of belts so you don't need to jump off it pulls you down when the next belt starts
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Hunters can shoot and move, have low cooldowns and high sustained damage that give us the extra oomph, and we can go up on every belt through Disengage which buys your raid more time on the boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]