5 min dampening

Has anybody been complaining about 3s matches being too long? Wizard cleave vs Wizard cleave is the only comps I can think of where this is an issue, and even then the game instantly ends the moment either team decides to push in with 50% reduced healing at the end of a game.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
yeah i can't understand why it's becoming 5 minute dampening.

iirc most people complained when it accidentally went through in one patch, before they said it was an accident and reverted it.

like, that means dampening will be in effect before classes pop 3 minute cooldowns a second time. it just feels like there's such a tight deadline on the match.

10 minute dampening feels fine.

i get with the tourney there was 5 minute dampening because they didn't want games to go too long, and usually theres a bit of a lull when teams are just hitting each other waiting for the opportune moment/cds, but its not tournament play.

its just rushing players unnecessarily.
Edited by Cylestria on 1/27/2014 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
They might cancel it again i think the are trying to see if the extra resil will make games go for too long

*shrugs*
Reply Quote
Yea I just feel like its a change nobody asked for and completely unnecessary.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
shaman + shaman = dampening not wizard cleaves its shamans
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Death Knight
You don't understand guys, if you can't finish the game within your first hard burst, it's clearly because healers are too OP, so the healing needs to be reduced for the second attempt.

:-|

:-/

:-\

>.<

LOL, really tried to hold a straight face while typing that but couldn't do it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/27/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Ilovewillis
shaman + shaman = dampening not wizard cleaves its shamans

lol?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/27/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Melondew
They might cancel it again i think the are trying to see if the extra resil will make games go for too long

*shrugs*

that actually might be a good idea, if they do increase resil a bunch to compensate for the new prideful gears damage, it might be a good idea to have dampening apply that quickly, but once we're full geared i would hope they take it away

running full tyrannical with 75% resil was awful early into this season, except for some reason enhance shamans could global people, i dont know what was up with that

or they could just put resilience back on gear and remove a string of problems

it's not like their efforts to promote pvp for PvErs is actually working, aside from putting kotmogu and silvershard mines into the legendary quest, we know that one is working LOL
Reply Quote
Community Manager
After some additional discussion, we've decided to make this change only apply in the 2v2 bracket. Dampening will remain at 10 minutes in 3v3 and 5v5 arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/27/2014 03:38 PMPosted by Lore
After some additional discussion, we've decided to make this change only apply in the 2v2 bracket. Dampening will remain at 10 minutes in 3v3 and 5v5 arenas.

Hi lore.

First off thank goodness you guys realized this.

Secondly any plans for catch up? Making it somewhat easier? The nerf to honor rares in understandable but could you make it not so terrible that we don't want to play the game anymore?
Reply Quote
woot
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Flaming kitten crushes my Shadowcleave dreams.

Damnit.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

Thank god. 3's games dont last that long anyways, and its hard enough being a healer as it is, with dampening kicking in at 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
Sounds fair to me. Thanks, Lore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

YOU GUYS

ARE

LISTENING?!

You wanna go for coffee sometime?
My treat.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

I am okay with this. Healer vs. DPS for 10min was a bit...asinine. (1v1, 1 dead each, for reference)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
01/27/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Schwert
YOU GUYS

No pretty much only lore...

I dont see holinka anywhere ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Melondew
YOU GUYS

No pretty much only lore...

I dont see holinka anywhere ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

He's too busy sifting through spam, QQ and rage on twitter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

thank you based fire cat
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin

YOU GUYS

ARE

LISTENING?!

You wanna go for coffee sometime?
My treat.

Straight to dinner
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]