Remember When?

100 Draenei Paladin
I miss Crusader Aura + Aura Mastery. It was like a turbo boost for ground mounts.

I remember being able to swap librams during casts to get their different effects.

I remember Blessing of Light.

I remember reck-bombs.

I remember Consecration being the 31 point Holy talent.

I remember standing in the doorway to Vael's room in BWL, buffing everyone with pally power and then quickly running into position so as to not waste the 5 minute buffs. And I remember the first day greater blessings came out when I got a whisper from a paladin in different guild going "I just buffed the whole raid in a matter of seconds!"
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Remember when we stood at the back of the raid and did OOC resses .. and that was it?
Remember when the only reason to bring a Retribution Paladin was for Blessing of Kings?
Remember when there were 40 player raids and the role of the Paladin was to cast 5 minute blessings on everybody .. and once you'd done the 40th you'd need to start from the 1st person again?
Remember when we weren't tanks even though we had a Protection tree?
Remember when we needed spell power armour for tanking and DPS?

I'll pass on the 30 second seals. I'll pass on the Judgement consuming seals. I'll pass on needing spell power plate to tank or DPS. I'll pass on having to micromanage blessings (I was a tank. I was the Salvation bot, but of course I needed Sanc on myself ..). I'll pass on pretty much all of your nostalgia driven wants - as a class we are so much better now than we have been in the past.

I would like a spammable non-target AoE.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Muletia
Remember when we stood at the back of the raid and did OOC resses .. and that was it?
Remember when the only reason to bring a Retribution Paladin was for Blessing of Kings?
Remember when there were 40 player raids and the role of the Paladin was to cast 5 minute blessings on everybody .. and once you'd done the 40th you'd need to start from the 1st person again?
Remember when we weren't tanks even though we had a Protection tree?
Remember when we needed spell power armour for tanking and DPS?

I'll pass on the 30 second seals. I'll pass on the Judgement consuming seals. I'll pass on needing spell power plate to tank or DPS. I'll pass on having to micromanage blessings (I was a tank. I was the Salvation bot, but of course I needed Sanc on myself ..). I'll pass on pretty much all of your nostalgia driven wants - as a class we are so much better now than we have been in the past.

I would like a spammable non-target AoE.

Pretty much this, although I'll admit that I only started playing in BC. The only reason that we could possibly justify having three different Judgments and consumable Seals was our lack of attack options. Ret didn't get CS until level 50, if I remember correctly. Not only that, the different Judgments wouldn't even make sense anymore. We hardly need the mana regen off of JoW and health regen and movement speed are in Seals now.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/04/2014 12:07 PMPosted by Aurelio
although I'll admit that I only started playing in BC.

So did I - well Paladin anyway (been playing since not long after WoW release). I was a dedicated Horde player until the end of Ulduar/start of the crappy boring trial raid thing, and only created Muletia here when TBC came out (as that's when the Horde Paladin came into existence). I've heard stories over the years though.

I was however lucky enough to find a raid that was happy to have me tank even in TBC, and I tanked from then all the way through to the end of Cataclysm. Things got better and better as each iteration of Paladin was revealed, and overall I think we're in a much better place now than we've ever been. IMO anyway.
Edited by Muletia on 2/4/2014 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I remember watching the cast bar fill up as my Arcanite Reaper was being crafted. And the guy saying "I really shouldn't make these for paladins."
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I didn't play a paladin much in Vanilla (why would you? they were so neglected!) but I still remember a lot of the things people are mentioning. I'll add some:

Remember the only 969 (or was it 696?) tanking rotation?
Remember Holy Shield (IT COMES BACK IN WOD YAY)?
Remember the old SoComm? Who didn't love Judging Seal of the Crusader and then watching your SoComm procs?
The old Vengeance? Yeah, get out of here tanks. Ret Paladins had Vengeance first!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I loved spamming divine storm in BG's in a group of horde and alliance... if I remember right it only hit 4 targets... the thing I miss the most was being able to crusader strike a hell of a lot faster than we can now...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/05/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Chéézé
I loved spamming divine storm in BG's in a group of horde and alliance... if I remember right it only hit 4 targets... the thing I miss the most was being able to crusader strike a hell of a lot faster than we can now...

What the hell are you talking about being able to use Crusader Strike a hell of a lot faster? Do you forget that it used to have a 10 then 6 second cooldown? Now it's only 4.5 and is affected by Haste.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/05/2014 08:12 AMPosted by Patri
02/05/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Chéézé

What the hell are you talking about being able to use Crusader Strike a hell of a lot faster? Do you forget that it used to have a 10 then 6 second cooldown? Now it's only 4.5 and is affected by Haste.

erm... in wolk you could have a 2 second CD with hast and skill point placement... maybe you forgot that...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I raided as Prot back in WOLK, so yes, I did forget that, haha. My bad.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
How paladins used to be an Alliance only class
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I miss bubble not reducing our dmg output by 50%. Being able to ignore mechanics and still dps while the fury warriors scattered about like the cockroaches they are!

I do not miss having to require every Paladin in my raid to have PallyPower and spend 20 min setting everything up so everyone got all the buffs. What's that? Only 2 pallys on tonight and the feral druids are arguing with the resto druids over who deserves wisdom/might the most? And the cocky Ret Pally refuses to cast the 10 min single target buffs or use anything but Retribution Aura (because it's named after him ya know!)

Or having the Hunter rage leave a raid because her target didn't have JoW, and with out that she would go oom. So I must not care enough about her dps and she wasn't coming back till I promised to make sure it didn't happen again.

Good times.... or something.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I remember HOLY SHIELD.

Prot AOE grinding my way to 70 in BC. Taking out 10 mobs at a time with holy shield, shield spike, and alternating between seal of light and seal of wisdom. Man that s**t was tight!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I remember when Retribution was a leveling spec, like Feral Druid was... and warlocks were so bad that even we would kill them last.

Also: Inquisition should be made into Retribution Aura, it is a travesty that every other class has persistant auras and Paladins have one aura... but it is a cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I remember getting an invite to Kara as ret back in BC by the most ELITE group on the server. I was then asked to stand up the back and chain cast salvation on the highest DPS to keep threat levels down from the tank..

Fun times believe it or not, cos although I was a Salv Monkey. I was needed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seal of blood!

I also miss the Blood Knight quest chain that blood elf paladins got.

DI...that would save me so much gold....

Also...anyone else remember Pally bomb? (Not that I ever did it >.>)
Edited by Sidanna on 2/18/2014 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember towards the end of season 4 and the move to level 80 when rets could one shot anything? Mmm......

Remember when we didn't have combo points and the class was really stale and super easy to play and everyone made fun of us for it?

Remember when prots sucked at start of BC but the few prots that went for it on each server showing them up and turning out to be one of the best tanks? Starting at first pally to tank prince and moving on to endgame?

Remember when you were at starting screen and rolled a pally how you could have easily chosen any other class to be significantly better?

Remember when Season 3 gear came out how unbelievably sexy it was?

Remember when you weren't allowed to bubble in duels or it was considered unfair but now you cant win a duel without it?

Remember when bloodelves had a superior seal and did 20% more damage than ally counter parts?

Remember spamming flash of light for hours and hours while raiding?
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
I remember when Avenging Wrath was dispellable.

*shudder*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]