Ashran's reward system?

90 Human Hunter
Any news/info on how the ashran's reward system will work? or will it be like AV was in classic, reputations and honor gain?

dreaming here, but hoping to get my CP from here and never have to cap in arena/Rbgs ever again(allowing me to do CMs(after suffering LFR for gear) and Ashran. been wanting GW2 like pvp since i played it, or some sort of SS/TM type pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I was wondering the same exact thing. The issue I see is that if they don't allow you to get the top tier currency it will only be more a lark than a possible staple of an individuals pvp experience. Which would make sense because as I was looking for a forum section to bring the topic up in all I found were sections for instanced PvP.

I would like to know if they were planning on actually bringing world pvp to an equal level with the other type or leave it in the backseat as they always have.

Having said all of that, if they do plan to give you a way to earn CP I think the way they implement it is still important.

Rewards based off of objectives or weekly quests are better than nothing but still a bad idea. Weekly quests would only support a small level of interest and a person serious about pvp would still be forced to spend the majority of their time in arenas or RBGs. Which might sound fine but someone who likes arenas or RBGs wouldn't be forced to go to Ashran.

Rewards based off objectives would be a step up but would be bad for a different reason. Its too easy to exploit and people would be rewarded for faction imbalance.

The best way to reward CP would be based off of kills or kills in combination with the other two somehow.

These are my thoughts I am not trying to give ideas on what they SHOULD do with the zone. I am just wanting to know what they WILL do. Once I know I will decide how good the Ashran will be and I can decide if I finally want to get interested in WoW PvP.

tl;dr Will Ashran reward Conquest Points or some type of equivalent and if so how?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Ashran is crazy awesome, but we're not ready to start talking about it in too much depth just yet. I can tell you though that we completely agree that if the rewards from participating in Ashran PvP aren't enough to keep players coming back, many will lose interest. We want Ashran to be a place where you always feel like you're doing something meaningful, even if it's only for a short time.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
02/18/2014 02:17 PMPosted by Lore
Ashran is crazy awesome, but we're not ready to start talking about it in too much depth just yet. I can tell you though that we completely agree that if the rewards from participating in Ashran PvP aren't enough to keep players coming back, many will lose interest. We want Ashran to be a place where you always feel like you're doing something meaningful, even if it's only for a short time.

I am really really looking forward to Ashran, more than anything else about the expansion. I am hoping to see a wide variety of PVP-related gameplay and objectives in the zone with a wide variety of rewards that are regularly updated with each patch cycle to keep them relevant. I can't wait to test it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Yeah any way you can help me get past the Play button apparently it just wants to go to loading then loop back to play. Thanks in advance be a huge help......because we all know pvp is not going to be getting any better any time soon.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Need more Ashran information badly.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
blue post?

in pvp forums?

NOT ON EU SERVERS????

i must be dreaming
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lore and Eldacar are pro lurkers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/18/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Eldacar
I am really really looking forward to Ashran, more than anything else about the expansion. I am hoping to see a wide variety of PVP-related gameplay and objectives in the zone with a wide variety of rewards that are regularly updated with each patch cycle to keep them relevant. I can't wait to test it!

I'm hoping for objectives that mirror real world type objectives.

Take and hold a cross road, defend a bridge, sabotage supply lines, storming and actually fighting inside a mine and castles, so on and so forth.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
any world pvp zone will have the same issues as every world pvp zone we have had in the past. even sticking conquest points in there isnt going to help.

unless they can balance numbers on each side with a lot better success than in the past its doomed.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter

Hopefully we finally get a zone that has longevity and doesn't just die when the next expansion comes out. And maybe even continues to grow/progress with each expansion.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2014 02:31 PMPosted by Cayse
Lore and Eldacar are pro lurkers.

Yar.

Ashran sound stupid awes...

KITTY! WHO'S A GOOD KITTY! YOU ARE!

*ahem* Sorry. Overcome buy the Cinder-Kitten cuteness.
Reply Quote
73 Human Warlock
02/18/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Eldacar
Ashran is crazy awesome

WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME?!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
02/18/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Hpsonroids
not many people I know enjoyed wintergrasp.

i !@#$ing loved wintergrasp...nothing like beating a frostmage who had 8 stacks of tenacity + the after battles in the towers were epic

that was when dath'remar still had some badass PvPers left :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
im looking forward to pvp gear being the dominate gear in ALL aspects of PVP instead of this making pve gear equal or better BS! Oh wait yeah I shouldnt get to excited!
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Panzergnome
02/18/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Hpsonroids
not many people I know enjoyed wintergrasp.

i !@#$ing loved wintergrasp...nothing like beating a frostmage who had 8 stacks of tenacity + the after battles in the towers were epic

that was when dath'remar still had some badass PvPers left :(

Who the heck didn't enjoy WG?

That zone was stupid busy on both realms I played on during that time frame, well into Cata.
Reply Quote
56 Dwarf Warrior
02/18/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Faust
im looking forward to pvp gear being the dominate gear in ALL aspects of PVP instead of this making pve gear equal or better BS! Oh wait yeah I shouldnt get to excited!

Their goal is to make it slightly better in WoD which is good b/c it shouldn't be a huge advantage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
02/18/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Epicbeardman
02/18/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Faust

Their goal is to make it slightly better in WoD which is good b/c it shouldn't be a huge advantage.

Yes it should be aslong as PVE gear has a huge advantage in pve then pvp gear should have a huge advantage in pvp. I wish Blizzard would do the right thing and tell people if they dont want to fight and work for their gear then DONT pvp go to a pve server and kill dragons all day!
Reply Quote
56 Dwarf Warrior
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes it should be aslong as PVE gear has a huge advantage in pve then pvp gear should have a huge advantage in pvp. I wish Blizzard would do the right thing and tell people if they dont want to fight and work for their gear then DONT pvp go to a pve server and kill dragons all day!

I was referring to Wpvp only since PvP gear already has the big advantage in Arena/BGs due to PvE gear being scaled down. And Ashran being a PvP zone is supposed to treat gear just like in BGs/Arena
Edited by Epicbeardman on 2/18/2014 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]