Warlords of Draenor Comes out... (spec)

100 Undead Warlock
June 22nd 2014.

What we Know:

Warlords in deeper development than Cataclysm or Mists of Pandaria.
They have a faster release table for Expansions and Patches now.
Dragon soul patch lasted just shy of 11 months. ICC lasted a year but it had a content patch with a raid.
5.4 came out beginning of September.
Since there isn't going to be a Ruby Sanctum patch and this patch will NOT last longer than 10 months, Warlords of Draenor will be released not later than July 2014, but June is better.

Gonna save this for later and refer to it when it's officially released.

ha!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I'll save it too!

Let's see here, filed underrrr... Upgrades... Tch tch tch Unified Theory... Ah! Here it is!

"Unconfirmed Wild Speculation"

All saved!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/10/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Ashurai
I'll save it too!

Let's see here, filed underrrr... Upgrades... Tch tch tch Unified Theory... Ah! Here it is!

"Unconfirmed Wild Speculation"

All saved!

:D
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Its all just speculation in the end.

Dont call people morons or stupidheads just because they dont agree with your speculation.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
June is nice. April is nicer because im done with classes and will want to play wow forever during the summer.

college sucks
Edited by Essloru on 2/10/2014 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
My money's on September.

02/10/2014 11:37 AMPosted by Mordecaí

They said that back when MoP launched that they were planning to have expansions every year instead of every two years. We're sitting at 17 months of MoP now with WoD not even in Beta yet. Thinking they have thrown that goal out the window at this point.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/10/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Kraylenya
My money's on September.

They said that back when MoP launched that they were planning to have expansions every year instead of every two years. We're sitting at 17 months of MoP now with WoD not even in Beta yet. Thinking they have thrown that goal out the window at this point.

They also said this at Blizzcon
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/10/2014 11:49 AMPosted by Essloru
June is nice. April is nicer because im done with classes and will want to play wow forever during the summer.

college sucks

I like college, but I don't get any real breaks between my semesters. I get one week off, and then back to the grind for 12 weeks. Another 2 years to go. Doesn't leave much time for gaming, unfortunately. And there are no guilds on my server (Uther, just merged so I can't use my main to post) that raid on weekends. I am a sad panda.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'd be bummed if it was released late spring/early summer, because then I'd pretty much not raid at all. I'd miss the first tier and then make my guild carry me to gear up after summer was over.

Summer: for drinking in the park and going to baseball games.
Other seasons: OK to stay inside.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
There's no way it's coming out before labor day. Summer is the slowest time of year for MMOs. Every xpac to date has been released between September and January if I'm not mistaken.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I don't see anything "faster" about releasing it in June. I guess MoP didn't take that long to be released. And it's not like the next patch could be considered "content", after all there won't be anything new in it (well, maybe a scenario or some small update in the Dark Portal).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
My money's on September.

They said that a long time ago, during Wrath from memory. Originally it was "every 12 months" and then it became "one per year" and then we never heard about it again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll say no to June also, mainly because of the new pvp season coming. A 20 week coming out 2/18, mean xpac at the earliest will be July 8. A 25 week season puts us at August 12.

Another reason for June not being the date, is that is only about 12 weeks after D3 xpac. I think they will have a little more of a gap between two of their three main titles xpacs.

You are right though, it is all speculation, but I feel confident in the 20 week at a minimum pvp season.

02/10/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Baneusprime
My money's on September.

They said that a long time ago, during Wrath from memory. Originally it was "every 12 months" and then it became "one per year" and then we never heard about it again.

He's right, they said it again at this past Blizzcon. Don't see it happening though. Unless they only have 3 raids per xpac, it isn't enough time for most of the population to experience content. 18 months per xpac feels right to me.
Edited by Maegoree on 2/10/2014 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think we'll be surprised by a much earlier release date. I think we'll see a short but intense beta and a release around April or May. Why? Wildstar. Wilstar is targeted for release around April or May and I simply don't see Blizzard letting that release while we're still languishing in the end of an expansion. I'm not calling it a WoW killer, but it's the first MMO I've seen that I think can go a few rounds in the ring with the big boy.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
It's late July at the earliest right now, new PVP season starts on the 25th, and that 6.0 systems patch which introduces 20 man SoO should be out for 5-7 weeks (systems patches are generally 1-2 months pre-launch anyway, but there's more to test here with the item squish and what not)

The PVP season is starting a bit later than I thought it would too

If beta doesn't start mid-March we'll firmly be in August territory, so that's the next thing to look for
Edited by Digerati on 2/10/2014 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2014 12:06 PMPosted by Vaelana
I think we'll be surprised by a much earlier release date. I think we'll see a short but intense beta and a release around April or May. Why? Wildstar. Wilstar is targeted for release around April or May and I simply don't see Blizzard letting that release while we're still languishing in the end of an expansion. I'm not calling it a WoW killer, but it's the first MMO I've seen that I think can go a few rounds in the ring with the big boy.

The mmo that could roll with WoW was swtor. Awesome name recognition with the franchise, respected developer in bioware, and deep pockets with EA. EA and Bioware flat out released that game too early. Everybody in beta knew it, we just all hoped they were holding some features back and had a more polished version of what we were playing at the time. But, they didn't. 2 mil subs off the bat is a legit contender, unless the game sucks, which that one did.

I don't think wildstar has the name recognition. I think it will "succeed", however it won't be wow2 (not saying you said all that).
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/10/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Dinggus
Plot twist: short beta if any for Blizz to capitalize on 200k re-subs before they get bored and leave again.

?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
You would think after the subs losses they had due to a year in DS would have put a little more purpose into getting between releases out faster. It is not looking promising thus far. : (

Man. I hope that I am wrong on this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]