I must confess :(

100 Gnome Rogue
I was running my gals through the holiday dungeon today. While I was on my druid doing some awesome damage I noticed, uh oh, some of these people are getting hurt. This healer sucks! But then the last mob died and everyone got their stuff and left and then it hit me. I think I was the healer!

LOL I am so sorry. Really, I haven't done a random dungeon or healed since something like level 70 with a friend of mine, and all I've done since then is DPS. I wasn't trying to beat the queues and I wasn't a baddie -- no really, I did really good damage. I just was unaware I had queued as heals.

So it happens. Please don't beat me up too badly, and if you were in a group with a #%*#&)#$ worthless druid from Garrosh today, maybe you can giggle a little and be thankful that as 90s this is a pretty trivial boss.

Now that I am done with my confession, I am going to have to take my monk and heal 5 random dungeons. Perhaps then I will be absolved.
Reply Quote
That's funny. But honestly with these bosses a tank or heals aren't that important as they die so fast.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Heehee... that kind of thing happens to my husband a lot on his priest, only the other way around. He'll be called out for his low dps and then he'll say, ... but I'm healing... and, sure enough, he's topping the heals meter, but the queue put him in as dps and he didn't realize!

That's when I tell him in my very best Yzma voice, "Why do you even check that box?" XD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They are very easy, so no one should even come close to dying unless they are purposefully trying to.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I did that once on this warrior. Was prot but had queued as dps before. Went through the whole run fighting for aggro from the tanking monk, whole time I'm wondering why he was tanking. Wasn't until we finished the instance that I realized my mistake, LOL
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I did that once.

My husband and I both made pallys, he tanked and I wanted to try ret instead of healing for a change.

We queue'd up and got old Scarlet Monastery with the torturer guy as first boss.

The whole room ended up being pulled, we wiped, everyone jumped my husband the tank.

I said "why are you jumping the tank... the healer is the one who sucked!"

They all pointed out that I was the healer... I felt so stupid.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/12/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Cindyanne
That's when I tell him in my very best Yzma voice, "Why do you even check that box?"

Squeaky, uh, squeak, sqeaker, squeakin'.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Its ok, OP. We've all had moments like that. Back a couple months ago when I had just decided to take the leap into Tanking, I queued up for a dungeon along with a friend who is a DK (she's a seasoned tank and was showing me the ropes), and I honestly thought she was going to be the Tank and I was the DPS because I'd never done that instance before ever and had no clue what the fights were like. I was in my Ret spec and had my Ret gear on.

Thankfully she was able to back me up, but she did force me to tank the run in Ret. :) Everyone else in the instance was very understanding and had a good joke at my expense. Don't think we even wiped.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
That happened me once, well not me but I was in a Dungeon and the healer entered as shadow priest, we were trough the middle when they start insulting me telling me that I wasn't supposed to be in moonkin form, I then pointed out that the healer was supposed to be the Shadow priest, they were like "oh..!@#$ man sorry" , since they were like 3 friends, the shadow priest changed spec and was able to heal, he mentioned it was his first time doing anything other than shadow lol, but he managed it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
02/12/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
That's when I tell him in my very best Yzma voice, "Why do you even check that box?"

Love those little squirrels!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
People take damage in there?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I did something like this recently!

I hadn't been running many queues - I had been going DPS for LFR on occasion. Then one day, my brothers and I burn thru some dungeons, and I tanked.

Well, next day, I queue up for first wing of SoO. We get to the first boss, and raid leader announces over chat "Be sure to stay away from tanks - I marked them"

I look above my character's head. Gulp. There's a mark there. And the other tank just aggro'd the boss.

Luckily, turns out a ~510ish Unholy DK can tank Immersus without too much difficulty. Gosh I still don't even know what a tank is supposed to do with that fight... I haven't looked up many SoO tank responsibilities >_<
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Somehow my hunter was able to queue as heals and dps in dungeons, I didn't check any boxes one day I was queueing and I noticed both healer and dps were checked. I have no idea what's been going on with that. She doesn't even have first aid.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I must confess :(

I still believe?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
02/12/2014 06:51 PMPosted by Adelphie
People take damage in there?

I've only seen it twice, but then the holiday is still young. I think they must be barely 90 in green gear and they stand in stuff and don't drink one of the neutralizer potions.

In the group I should have healed, they were down to about 30-40% by the time the instance was done -- noticeably below half.

I am currently doing my monk healer penance and am feeling better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Ever been so drunk that you thought you were a different class?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
02/12/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri

internet points for ppl quoting one of my favorite disney movies \o/

also " DEMON STOOOVE!!!"
Well ive noticed that the que for me wants to take charge because for unknown reasons the leader button is clicked on its own.

"ill just stand here, you guys go stand there and dps and stay out of the green and we got this......hopefully"
Edited by Ragnivald on 2/12/2014 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
While I do queue up as a Tank, usually I'm doing something mundane like fishing before the queue pops. Well on more than one occasion I have joined a group while still wearing Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat and Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole halfway through the run and wonder why the heck am I taking so much more damage than usual... Oh that's right.
Edited by Jerauld on 2/12/2014 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Jerauld -- remove the spaces between the " / and you will be good.

I'm assuming you charged in with your fishing pole in hand and hat on... been there/done that many times. At least a group will let you know (eventually)...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
thanks, the item thing was removed up top, I had to remember how to do it...

As for people pointing it out, I don't think many inspect you when you're a big bear butt as armor and weapons don't show up in animal forms :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]