Character creation

9 Night Elf Warrior
I have been only been playing for about a week now so I don't have much to stand on but I really think that wow could use some more character customization at the character creation. I kind of think that it will help out. (For example being able to choose how tall or how short your character is) There may be a way of doing that in the game but I don't know. What do you think?
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
That has never been their strong suit - in most games I love fiddling with character design - Blizzard's approach is to attach that to grinds for gear for transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/06/2014 03:36 PMPosted by Alathean
(For example being able to choose how tall or how short your character is)

I wonder how short a gnome could get...
Reply Quote
6 Undead Warrior
I have been only been playing for about a week now so I don't have much to stand on but I really think that wow could use some more character customization at the character creation. I kind of think that it will help out. (For example being able to choose how tall or how short your character is) There may be a way of doing that in the game but I don't know. What do you think?

The game isn't built to support variation of height or weight. It's not likely to happen either as it would effect the way armor is scaled to characters.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
(For example being able to choose how tall or how short your character is) There may be a way of doing that in the game but I don't know. What do you think?

Things like height, weight, and build are set racial attributes that are pre-determined in the lore of Warcraft. There's very little room for variation in that.

Now more customization options when it comes to skin color, age appearance, hair, facial features, scars, moles/freckles, hair color, etc. would be nice and maybe they'll add a few more with the new racial redesigns.
Reply Quote
9 Night Elf Warrior
Alright I'll keep that in mind; to me I think that it would really help strengthen the "link" between the character and the player. Besides spending hours trying to get that piece of gear you really want.(To put short that is.)

I bet you could royally piss some people off in pvp with a gnome thats as small as it could get.. Wait until there is a big group fight and just hide in all the chaos?
Reply Quote
9 Night Elf Warrior
02/06/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Avanna
Things like height, weight, and build are set racial attributes that are pre-determined in the lore of Warcraft. There's very little room for variation in that.

Well yeah ok that makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/06/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Alathean
I bet you could royally piss some people off in pvp with a gnome thats as small as it could get.. Wait until there is a big group fight and just hide in all the chaos?

There ARE items in WoW that temporarily shrink (and/or grow) your character. A gnome running around with a shrinking buff in battlegrounds is a pretty effective strategy at going unnoticed while he heals others or dishes out damage.
Reply Quote
9 Night Elf Warrior
02/06/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Avanna
There ARE items in WoW that temporarily shrink (and/or grow) your character. A gnome running around with a shrinking buff in battlegrounds is a pretty effective strategy at going unnoticed while he heals others or dishes out damage.

sounds just evil muwahahaha!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/06/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Deadhorse
The game isn't built to support variation of height or weight. It's not likely to happen either as it would effect the way armor is scaled to characters.

That's a good point.

Just for fun, if you could pick your top three character customization options, in order of preference, what would they be? For me:

1. Scars/tattoos/warpaint
2. More facial hair options for males
3. Racial 'variants' for those who have them
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If I could get Aion's customization in WoW (just remove the extremes to prevent stick figures with balloon heads and anime eyes) I'd love it. Height and thickness sliders for arms, legs, hips, torso, chest, and more. It's really fun to spend time getting your character to look just right.

Then again I've also played this game for many years so I'm use to and happy with what we have already.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/06/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
That's a good point.

Just for fun, if you could pick your top three character customization options, in order of preference, what would they be? For me:

Why not all three?
Reply Quote
88 Orc Warrior
That's a good point.

2. Racial variants for those who have them
3. Awesome badass wings
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just for fun, if you could pick your top three character customization options, in order of preference, what would they be?

1. Height*
2. Weight*

*within a range appropriate for the race, of course. It doesn't make sense for Hippeaux here to actually look like a hippo if she's an elf.

I'm generally okay with the aesthetics of each race. I only wish for more customization for fewer encounters with doppelgangers.

Doppelgangers freak me out.
Edited by Hippeaux on 2/6/2014 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

That's a good point.

1. More Hair Options in general.
2. Location of weapons when "sheathed".
3. Pose, idle animation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

That's a good point.

pretty much the same for me, but swap number 2 for number 3 and change more facial hair to more skin tone options. From a Lighter shade of pale (scottish?) to dark elf colored skin tones (nearly black)
Reply Quote

That's a good point.

Its probably these 3, maybe not the facial hair so much. Having size customization, or height maybe. Something along those lines. Tattoos and facepaint though those would be awesome. Definitely race variants as well. I dont care so much for all the other stuff like bone structure changing in the face and stuff, that just happens to come with the other games. I do play with it but not too much. Dont really need that in wow.
Edited by Duhilift on 2/6/2014 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Scars /tattoos
Hairstyles
Weight.. not all of us gals are built like that. Look at the mayor in the dk start zone.. I want a human thats a chunky chick like me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]