WOD racials changes

90 Orc Warrior
Really this is just directed at Draenei racials and Heroic Presense. Because its not really weapons related and it can cover all classes and specs.

If Hit is being retired what will they do with Heroic Presense? 1% Mastery is out because you really don't get mastery abiliites tilll lvl 80. Any developers out there have an idea what the change will be?
Edited by Terminusmors on 2/11/2014 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Racials are getting a pass for WoD. Hit/Expertise racials are getting reworked, the incredibly overpowered ones(Berserking, Bloodfury) are hopefully getting nerfed.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It's likely the most race's racials will be brought in line with the profession perks, giving a 1-2% boost for all. Obviously racials that are going to be made useless will be tweaked.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Mage
I hope they don't nerf Escape Artist. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Reply Quote
Instead of "nerfing" Bloodfury and Beserking, why not just bring the other racial abilities in line with them?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
This is why I pick my races by what I actually want it to be and not for the racials. The last time I did it for the racials, I chose to make my spriest a night elf because they got the instant cast, mana free dot which I liked to add a little bit of extra dmg into the mix. Then they decided to remove the priest racials. It seems that they like constantly tweeking the racials, so one that is good one xpac may be nerfed the next.

I know people like the min/maxing of doing this and are willing to pay race changes if for some reason the best racial for their class changes, but I am not one. So now I just make what I want and don't even bother.

Although I do like bouncy, being able to barrel off any cliff in timeless isles without dying makes maneuvering about that isle so much easier :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/11/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Zones
02/11/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Darstine
Racials are getting a pass for WoD. Hit/Expertise racials are getting reworked, the incredibly overpowered ones(Berserking, Bloodfury) are hopefully getting nerfed.

Last I saw they just intended to address the ones that had to change. Also, how is Bloodfury incredibly over powered?

yeah never though bloodfury or berserking were that red hot. Berserking lasts 10sec and has a 3minute CD. Blood Fury has a 2 min CD for a increase in attack power whch scales according to your level. I would rather have a 1% crit bonus like worgens have or a 1% haste bonus like goblins have.

Some games let you choose your racial bonus then gave a back story on why you had that certain racial ability.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
02/11/2014 11:35 AMPosted by Terminusmors
02/11/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Zones

Last I saw they just intended to address the ones that had to change. Also, how is Bloodfury incredibly over powered?

yeah never though bloodfury or berserking were that red hot. Berserking lasts 10sec and has a 3minute CD. Blood Fury has a 2 min CD for a increase in attack power whch scales according to your level. I would rather have a 1% crit bonus like worgens have or a 1% haste bonus like goblins have.

Some games let you choose your racial bonus then gave a back story on why you had that certain racial ability.

I'm not sure about other classes/specs, but I know beserking is PHENOMENAL for ele shamans, the cd is the same as ascendance so you pair the two together to get many more lava bursts!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
[quote="116737473157"]I hope they don't nerf Escape Artist. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.]

Gnomes hard enough to target and catch without escape artist.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/11/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Darstine

...why can't we just buff the other racials to make them equivalent? Nerfs aren't really the catch-all solution.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Blizz did state that they wanted to give each race a dps racial.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
02/11/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Rigrot

Did they? Last I heard they were continuing with horde getting offensive racials and alliance getting defensive racials.

I'm at the point where I think racials either need to be cosmetic or be mirrored.

And blood furry. Blood furry itself isn't OP. But look at the total package that Orcs get. It's really stupid when you turn and compare that to gnomes or dwarves.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/11/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Rigrot

I'd prefer they just remove all combat-related racials and give us something interesting instead of semi-trinkets to bind to our macros.
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Warrior
02/11/2014 01:12 PMPosted by Sozu
something interesting

Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
There was a leaked racial ability list on mmo-champ a while back. It had almost all racial abilities changing to be in line with troll/orc. It would be quite the shake up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Pretty much anything would be better than 1% hit.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Draenei need better racials , way better ones, pretty much anything will be an improvement.
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Warrior
Gift of the Naaru would be decent if Battle Fatigue didn't apply to it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]