ret any good?????????????????????

90 Troll Druid
is ret any good in arena ..... im either gonna finshing lvling my ret or resto shammy don't know which one would be worth my time to lvl and push rating
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Next season will start in a couple weeks. I don't recommend either ret/melee DPS or any kind of healer, especially not resto shaman. Basically you'll want to play a caster or rogue. Go ele on your shaman imo.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Go Ret instead of shaman, we are shinier.

Try running with a Hunter, their copious amount of control makes up for our lack thereof, and we benefit them with our hands and free snare breakers.

2s: Ret/Hunt, Ret/Ret, Ret/Mage, Ret/UnhDK
3s: Ret/Hunt/Rsham.... kind of the best one we have going for us at the moment.

We are incredibly gear dependent, and you will most certainly feel it in the early stages of Arena, but once you have the proper equipment and understand how to utilize your defensive abilities coherently we are still a strong class! (Just don't be to disappointed when you get turned away, and a warrior or other melee dps takes your spot.

(also, our survivability is better than that of the shaman, until they rework that class and dumb down the ability bloat a little bit, Ret will always be the more consistent choice between the two in my eyes. And yes, i have a grievous enh shaman as well, but there is a reason i play pally lol.)
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
No
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
The answer is NO
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The Path of Retribution is that of the highest calling, we are the greatest of the great, the mightiest of the mighty, plus we have wings. Shiny ones.

But on a serious note Syn beat me to the punch as to what I was going to say so instead I will say this.

For the Light. That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret needs to be buffed no doubt.
There is NO Rets higher than 2200 arena ranking so that means there is a unbalance with are class.

Then again we have been op for the last couple Xpacks. WoTLK we ruled untouchable so we need to be checked.

Don't slack cause you get faced rolled practice (Pop that bubble to soon u die)!

New Talent
(Blessing of the Gods!)
each holy power give us .05% life back maxed 2.5% and if life is full 1% goes to allie within 20 yards!
Like it so blizz sees
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There is NO Rets higher than 2200 arena ranking so that means there is a unbalance with are class.

Then again we have been op for the last couple Xpacks. WoTLK we ruled untouchable so we need to be checked.

Don't slack cause you get faced rolled practice (Pop that bubble to soon u die)!

New Talent
(Blessing of the Gods!)
each holy power give us .05% life back maxed 2.5% and if life is full 1% goes to allie within 20 yards!
Like it so blizz sees

It surprises me how many people forget that. Granted we weren't totally out of control for all of WoTLK, but good lord when we were. . . And it wasn't the only time we were unbalanced in the opposite direction either.

Having said that, it feels like the class could use a slight buff, minor tweaks, but I feel a lot of other classes just need to be brought down some.

Take what I saw with a grain of salt though, I haven't stepped into an arena since coming back to the game and I don't play anywhere near as frequently as I used to (hence my mish mash of gear)

I still feels like, once you get the gear though, you'll be able to at least do OK with it. Not great mind you, but OK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret pallies are lacking because of two things, CC breaker, and survivability. If we had Sacred Shield as baseline for ret that would help us… a lot! And make a new talent in the tier to replace it.

As a cc breaker,we have bubble but it is unreliable since there is usually a priest or warrior lurking every corner nowadays, and for BoS we need a buddy for that.

I know I said we are lacking a CC breaker, but I feel that we its not that we really need one and if we did need one, I think it should be just a charm/fear breaker, but again I feel like we do not really need one. We just need other classes to lose some of their CC breakers or CC in this case. (Hopefully WoD will fix this)

I feel our damage is fine, if they were to do anything to our damage though I would prefer our sustain to be buffed and burst to be nerfed.

But honestly I think that some of ret's problems would be fixed if SS was baseline for us again.
Reply Quote
61 Orc Death Knight
Ret is a joke, easily the most fragile melee in the game
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Ret is the garbage spec of wow. And the Blizz developers make a joke of that fact
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
The answer is yes. Most of the paladins that reside here don't want to accept that they're bad, if you want a good opinion on Ret, I would head to Skillcapped.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/19/2014 03:46 PMPosted by Avaricexx
02/17/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Holysak

I'm multi 2.3k what lol

He's not talking about pilots.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you making bads mad, Kith?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/19/2014 09:00 PMPosted by Lobster
Are you making bads mad, Kith?

You wish, bubble boy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have had a blast with my Ret in arenas throughout this expansion.

It was a little rough at the beginning, but we've seen some decent buffs since then. Not to mention, other classes have received slight nerfs and changes, which in return helps even out the playing field.

It all depends on who you run with.

I capped with a Feral Druid and a Frost DK every single week and it was a breeze.

I tried running with a few healers, but it just didn't work out.

Ret doesn't have the damage output to really excel at a DPS - Heal combo.

But grouped with the right partner, our burst, slight CC and off-heals create for a very good partner.

Think of it like a medic with a shotgun, that's the best way I can describe Ret in arenas.

As for 3 v 3, I never really got into them on this character. I usually do those on my Resto Shaman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]