Great Exarch's Elekk stinks

39 Blood Elf Rogue
It actually has yellow vapors of stench rising from it.

It looks like a crappy water pipe some dirty hippie would have. It's color scheme is abominable. It looks slow and clumsy. it is an inelegant elephant. I have never mounted it after being at first disappointment by it. You never see others riding it.

Other paladins get a special mount as a reward, Dranei get one as punishment.

If I make another ally paladin will I be able to ride a decent paly mount. really, I want my Belf Charger but I understand that's a faction thing so obviously I can't.

Why does the Elekk have to be so bad?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
There's this thing called an opinion, perhaps you should realize that yours isn't universal. I for one love the mount, it's beautiful in the Draenei style.

If you don't like it then don't ride it, if you want a Charger then go get the Argent Charger.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/13/2014 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good news then. There are nearly 300 mounts available in the game. And even better news, you can use any one of them instead of your class mount.

Little known fact, you don't have to like every vanity item or mount in the game. And you don't have to use the ones you don't like.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Badmoney
inelegant elephant

Is there another kind of elephant?

I have never mounted it after being at first disappointment by it.

I've got close to two hundred mounts and I've never even cast to see what they look like for at least a third of them. I have a few that I like and use only a handful of them. You've apparently got 58 ground-only mounts that you have the option of using, plus a few more flying ones that will function as ground mounts in non-flying areas.

I honestly can't remember the last time I used a charger of any kind, on any of my array of paladins. I don't really like any of them, because;

02/13/2014 02:49 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
opinion

You never see others riding it.

I see people on them on a semi-regular basis.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
NvM
I hate the elekk and I hate even more that I did the quest for the charger and was not given the option to keep my horse or go with the elekk.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What are you talking about? That elekk is AMAZING and I am so jealous of spacegoat paladins for having it. I would trade-in my stupid horse in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
NvM
02/13/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Lobster
What are you talking about? That elekk is AMAZING and I am so jealous of spacegoat paladins for having it. I would trade-in my stupid horse in a heartbeat.

Holy crap. You're still around. I haven't poked in these forums for a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Tauren Paladin Kodo > All other Paladin mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I like it. I'm not some scrub human paladin. I'm a draenei damn it.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Rogue
I saw some paladin riding one of these for the first time today.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't like it.

I think the best solution would be to add a minor glyph that changes your paladin mount from an elekk to a horse. That way everyone can be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/16/2014 04:03 AMPosted by Kayte
I don't like it.

I think the best solution would be to add a minor glyph that changes your paladin mount from an elekk to a horse. That way everyone can be happy.

They'd better give us more glyph slots.

I hate that fact that I have a dumb elephant instead of a blue and gold charger.

I have the Argent one, it just feels too drab to me. Besides, I'm not an Argent anyways. To me, the regular charger is just so thematically fitting that both the Argent charger and Elekk just don't compare.
Edited by Kaehlen on 2/16/2014 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have the Argent one, it just feels too drab to me. Besides, I'm not an Argent anyways. To me, the regular charger is just so thematically fitting that both the Argent charger and Elekk just don't compare.

Why is the Silver Hand Charger more fitting than the Argent Charger for a draenei? Seems most fitting for a draenei paladin to use a draenei mount.
Edited by Adelphie on 2/17/2014 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
50 Human Warlock
I remember when all of my Draenei toons would grind Darnassus rep asap to not have to ride an Elekk at 40.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/17/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Jaydeana
did you check out this video its really helpfull maybe a glitch get it before they patch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqN_3FSj2NI

What the hell is this

02/17/2014 05:29 PMPosted by Adelphie

Why is the Silver Hand Charger more fitting than the Argent Charger for a draenei? Seems most fitting for a draenei paladin to use a draenei mount.

Are you talking about vs. the Argent Charger or the Exarch's Elekk? Because you said Argent Charger and then mentioned a draenei mount.

Against the Argent Charger, as I said before it seems too dull. Too gray and dusty, much like the rest of the Crusade. As they should be, being weathered and worn - and in that the Argent looks more seasoned and realistic - but there's something irresistible about the naive hopefulness and classic feel of the knightly blue-and-gold that just screams "PALADIN!".

To me, the Argent feels more grizzled and cynical against the high chivalry and knighthood of the Silver Hand. Essentially, what one would turn into after far too long in the horrors of far-flung battlefields away from flowing pennants and spires and heraldry. One evokes the image of a classical knight, the other a war-torn veteran - not a paladin. It doesn't scream "KNIGHT" to me the way the Alliance charger does. And also because the Alliance chargers affords me the opportunity to wear my faction's colours against the Horde.

Against the Elekk, probably because it just looks dumb.

Maybe if it evoked more properly it's image from the TCG icon, but as it stands it just looks like a stubby, ugly, ungainly, ungraceful creature. While the attire is superior to the non-Exarch's elekks, that's not saying much at all. It's still ragged, misplaced, barely-matching and unworthy of a Vindicator or Exarch.

It's a shoddy mount, one that disgraces the legacy and besmirches the honour of the draenei.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Are you talking about vs. the Argent Charger or the Exarch's Elekk? Because you said Argent Charger and then mentioned a draenei mount.

I meant that both the Argent Charger and the Silver Hand Charger are equally out of place for draenei paladins. Neither one really has anything to do with draenei.

I've never really understood the hate for elekks. I thought people liked elephants.
Edited by Adelphie on 2/18/2014 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Mage
If your mount stinks you should probably give it a bath once in a while.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/18/2014 12:52 PMPosted by Kaehlen
It's a shoddy mount, one that disgraces the legacy and besmirches the honour of the draenei.

Now this is just silly.

There's nothing shoddy about the design whether you like how it looks or not. It is a Draenei mount, the Charger was not.

You sound like you want to be a Silver Hand Paladin instead of a Draenei Vindicator so perhaps you should consider a race change if the mount really bothers you that much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]