Great Exarch's Elekk stinks

90 Draenei Paladin
02/18/2014 04:42 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
02/18/2014 12:52 PMPosted by Kaehlen
It's a shoddy mount, one that disgraces the legacy and besmirches the honour of the draenei.

Now this is just silly.

There's nothing shoddy about the design whether you like how it looks or not. It is a Draenei mount, the Charger was not.

You sound like you want to be a Silver Hand Paladin instead of a Draenei Vindicator so perhaps you should consider a race change if the mount really bothers you that much.

The recourse of simply using a different mount is far more accessible than the option of a race change.

And if I didn't want to be a draenei Vindicator, I wouldn't have rolled one - nor would I have expressed that particular sentiment about their legacy and honour if I didn't particularly care for them.

At any rate, I may very well race change after the new models go live. Here's to hoping that the racial mounts get some attention as well, or failing that, we get some new draenish mounts.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
02/13/2014 10:30 PMPosted by Buhbuhdin
Tauren Paladin Kodo > All other Paladin mounts.

Those totems at the sides of them. Oh man, the love!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You mean the built-in sound system?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I much rather prefer Invincible as my class mount.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2014 12:52 PMPosted by Kaehlen
did you check out this video its really helpfull maybe a glitch get it before they patch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqN_3FSj2NI

What the hell is this

02/17/2014 05:29 PMPosted by Adelphie

Why is the Silver Hand Charger more fitting than the Argent Charger for a draenei? Seems most fitting for a draenei paladin to use a draenei mount.

Are you talking about vs. the Argent Charger or the Exarch's Elekk? Because you said Argent Charger and then mentioned a draenei mount.

Against the Argent Charger, as I said before it seems too dull. Too gray and dusty, much like the rest of the Crusade. As they should be, being weathered and worn - and in that the Argent looks more seasoned and realistic - but there's something irresistible about the naive hopefulness and classic feel of the knightly blue-and-gold that just screams "PALADIN!".

To me, the Argent feels more grizzled and cynical against the high chivalry and knighthood of the Silver Hand. Essentially, what one would turn into after far too long in the horrors of far-flung battlefields away from flowing pennants and spires and heraldry. One evokes the image of a classical knight, the other a war-torn veteran - not a paladin. It doesn't scream "KNIGHT" to me the way the Alliance charger does. And also because the Alliance chargers affords me the opportunity to wear my faction's colours against the Horde.

Against the Elekk, probably because it just looks dumb.

Maybe if it evoked more properly it's image from the TCG icon, but as it stands it just looks like a stubby, ugly, ungainly, ungraceful creature. While the attire is superior to the non-Exarch's elekks, that's not saying much at all. It's still ragged, misplaced, barely-matching and unworthy of a Vindicator or Exarch.

It's a shoddy mount, one that disgraces the legacy and besmirches the honour of the draenei.

*pulls out reading glasses*
Hm, it says here that the Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Silver Hand were merged together by Tirion Fordring to form the Argent Crusade. The Silver Hand itself ceases to exist. To be a member of the Silver Hand is now to be a member of the Argent Crusade.
Well, that's my lore tutoring for the day.
02/19/2014 09:56 PMPosted by Anaxie
I much rather prefer Invincible as my class mount.

No. Go reroll a DK.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I always thought the Drenei racial mounts should have been talbuks rather than elekks.

Anyhow at least you get your own racial paladin mount. Dwarf paladins are stuck with the human ones, even though they don't really have the stature for them.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/19/2014 11:03 PMPosted by Lynea
To be a member of the Silver Hand is now to be a member of the Argent Crusade.

Except for the fact that Human and Dwarf Paladins are still trained by members of the Silver Hand who are not apart of the Crusade.

They may not have done much but an Alliance chapter at the very least still exists.

02/20/2014 12:31 AMPosted by Slainidh
Anyhow at least you get your own racial paladin mount. Dwarf paladins are stuck with the human ones, even though they don't really have the stature for them.

That's because the mounts have never been by race they've always been by order, since Human and Dwarf Paladins are both Silver Hand they have the same mounts.

02/20/2014 12:31 AMPosted by Slainidh
I always thought the Drenei racial mounts should have been talbuks rather than elekks.

I would have enjoyed a Talbuk Vindicator mount very much even though I like the Elekk one.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/20/2014 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
That's because the mounts have never been by race they've always been by order, since Human and Dwarf Paladins are both Silver Hand they have the same mounts

I see this reasoning repeated over and over for why dwarf paladins have to ride bloody great chargers. They urgently need ram mounts. Its rather embarrassing needing a step ladder to mount your charger.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Hm, it says here that the Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Silver Hand were merged together by Tirion Fordring to form the Argent Crusade. The Silver Hand itself ceases to exist. To be a member of the Silver Hand is now to be a member of the Argent Crusade.

[/quote]

Thank you for being intentionally obtuse and comically missing the point.

It gets even better realizing that you're not even right, given the context.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Thank you for being intentionally obtuse and comically missing the point.

It gets even better realizing that you're not even right, given the context.

The point of their discussion wasn't my concern. So no, I must thank you for showing me just how aggressive and naive you are.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/13/2014 06:09 PMPosted by Lelandarin
I hate the elekk and I hate even more that I did the quest for the charger and was not given the option to keep my horse or go with the elekk.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592239221#1

You're not the only one this mount offends.

I like the way it looks. It certainly is better made than the other elekks, but it's still not as amazing at the Charger.
Edited by Cynphel on 6/22/2014 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
The problem with draenei and mounts, regardless of what gender the draenei is, is that they look awkward when riding anything but an elekk.

Not only are draenei one of the game's larger races (the men are probably the bulkiest race the Alliance has), but their legs stick out wildly to the sides. Despite this, their mounts did not get scaled upward to fit their size like the tauren's do.

This means that they look oversized no matter what they're riding, unless what they're riding happens to be an elephant. Their legs also stick WAY out to the sides, which looks weird as hell when riding anything but the elekk.

I played a draenei paladin back in the day when BC first came out, and I just recently decided to pick it up again. The new elekk made me happy, because my male draenei no longer looks like he's about to crush his poor charger underneath him, and his legs no longer stick awkwardly out to the sides.
Edited by Vetha on 6/22/2014 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Necro in the pally forums? Go figure.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Guys, we haven't had battle rez since WC3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]