4 pc T16 in CLCret

100 Human Paladin
Hey all,

Anyone have a link that explains how to modify CLCret to let it track my T16 4 piece bonus? I read on EJ that it required a .lua modification but I couldn't find the level of detail I am going to need. I am pretty clueless here and hopelessly out of date on how to play my ret paladin haha... any help would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sanctified Wrath
inq ds_4t16_5hp tv5 how ds_4t16 tvaw cs j exo tv4 tv3

Divine Purpose
inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp tv5 howaw ds_4t16 tvaw how tvdp cs j exo tv3
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Noleafclover,

My CLCret does not recognize the existence of the command "ds_4t16_5hp" and the like. Did you modify it, or did you download something other than the CLCret circa 2009?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
nope i have the latest clc and its even in the legend on the rotation menu
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Same as Noleafclover. Have you updated the addon since t16 has been out?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade that uses this but.....

Their is no way this addon is going to account for everything that is going on in a raid.

Your best bet is to just learn the rotation and learn how to abuse it in a raid environment.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/19/2014 05:45 AMPosted by Justicàr
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade that uses this but.....

Their is no way this addon is going to account for everything that is going on in a raid.

Your best bet is to just learn the rotation and learn how to abuse it in a raid environment.

You don't say. Nobody is saying this is the end all, be all addon, however, it is good to use as a tool to help with rotational errors.

The other thing it does well is you can get it to track your pally cd's. I use it to track the cd on GoAK, AW and ES. Yes WeakAuras2 can do the same, but I don't like that addon.

This addon is a tool, in the same fashion as simc and amr. Not necessary to use, but another tool available to any who want to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
how to modify CLCret to let it track my T16 4 piece bonus? I read on EJ that it required a .lua modification...

Locate World of Warcraft>Interface>Addons>CLCRet>retmodule>rotation.lua
You may want to save an unmodified copy of the file elsewhere in case you break things.

Here are the relevant lines of code that allow CLCRet to recognize the 4t16 buff and suggest actions. You can modify your file, inserting or updating the following code in the given lines, then save the changes with a text editor. Essentially, make it look like this: http://imgur.com/a/sFSoF?gallery

Line 58local buff4T16 = GetSpellInfo(144595) -- divine crusader
Line 66 local s_ctime, s_otime, s_gcd, s_hp, s_inq, s_dp, s_ha, s_aw, s_ss, s_4t15, s_4t16, s_haste, s_targetType
Line 494 through Line 531 ds_4t16 = {
id = dsId,
GetCD = function()
if ( s_4t16 > 0 ) then return 0 end
return 100
end,
UpdateStatus = function()
s_ctime = s_ctime + s_gcd + 1.5
s_4t16 = 0
end,
info = "Divine Storm with 4t16 active",
},

ds_4t16_5hp = {
id = dsId,
GetCD = function()
if ( (s_4t16 > 0) and (s_hp >= 5) ) then return 0 end
return 100
end,
s_4t16 = 0
end,
info = "Divine Storm with 4t16 active and 5HP",
},
ds_4t16_aw = {
id = dsId,
GetCD = function()
if ( (s_4t16 > 0) and (s_aw > 0) ) then return 0 end
return 100
end,
s_4t16 = 0
end,
info = "Divine Storm with 4t16 active during Avenging Wrath",
},
}

Line 593 s_4t16 = GetBuff(buff4T16)
Line 733 s_4t16 = max(0, s_4t16 - s_otime)
Edited by Contritus on 2/19/2014 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You are the man Contritus.

Also thanks to Maego and Noleaf!

Justicar, totally agree. The addon is a handy tool to track cooldowns as was noted above, and it also serves as a helpful guide. It is obvious that you shouldn't let an addon tell you what to do, but it is certainly better for tracking procs and cooldowns than just eyeballing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]