RET PVP

100 Human Paladin
02/18/2014 02:39 PMPosted by Arrial
02/18/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Agincourt
...Hey, you may have missed that Vanguards said Ret is bad this patch and stopped plying his. So much for your theory

You missed Luminant, and the rest of my post.
You arent 1 v 2 unless those players have no gear or are terribad. Given same skills and same gears every class in the game will beat you
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
02/18/2014 02:47 PMPosted by Agincourt
You missed Luminant, and the rest of my post.
You arent 1 v 2 unless those players have no gear or are terribad. Given same skills and same gears every class in the game will beat you

Stop living in denial.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Arrial
...You arent 1 v 2 unless those players have no gear or are terribad. Given same skills and same gears every class in the game will beat you

Stop living in denial.
Quit making up stuff. Tell us all how you could 1 v2 any two players of equal skill and gear. Rets are wildly overmatched 1 v 1 let along 1 v 2
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Ret needs a few minor changes. I ran Ret ,Feral ,R shammy to 2050 last season.
It is not fun be playing 2050 when you have been 2250+ for the last 4 season. But that's the current state of ret. if your not playing with a hunter.
Edited by Yezhua on 2/18/2014 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2014 04:10 PMPosted by Yezhua
Ret needs a few minor changes. I ran Ret ,Feral ,R shammy to 2050 last season.
It is not fun be playing 2050 when you have been 2250+ for the last 4 season. But that's the current state of ret. if your not playing with a hunter.

I managed 2.2k as ret/mage/rsham, and 2.3k as ret/hunt/rsham in the latest season. It's never a comfortable queue, though, and I'm accustomed to rating bouncing by the 70s-100s no matter what I run. That's the case for most of us, though. =/
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
02/18/2014 03:36 PMPosted by Agincourt
Stop living in denial.
Quit making up stuff. Tell us all how you could 1 v2 any two players of equal skill and gear. Rets are wildly overmatched 1 v 1 let along 1 v 2

Perhaps for you. I'm doing fine.

It's impossible to directly "tell" you how to 1v2, so I'll get footage later.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2014 06:04 PMPosted by Arrial
...Quit making up stuff. Tell us all how you could 1 v2 any two players of equal skill and gear. Rets are wildly overmatched 1 v 1 let along 1 v 2

Perhaps for you. I'm doing fine.

It's impossible to directly "tell" you how to 1v2, so I'll get footage later.
Yeah, sure....dream on. You face 2 other players and they will have you CC locked the whole time as they burst you down
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I'm no high rated player or anything.....I have been playing ret for quite awhile though. But when I see ppl say "oh I can 2vs1people all the time" I gotta agree with Agincourt here....I just don't buy it...I seem to have troubles against many classes.. Warriors and rogues come to mind....if I meet an equal or better geared warrior I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall...I try kiting....that really doesn't work anymore since our slow got nerfed so bad....our self healing with battle fatigue and MS really sucks too.....all our defenses can be neutralized by them as well. How does everyone else do it? What am I doing wrong?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/19/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Midknightsun
I'm no high rated player or anything.....I have been playing ret for quite awhile though. But when I see ppl say "oh I can 2vs1people all the time" I gotta agree with Agincourt here....I just don't buy it...I seem to have troubles against many classes.. Warriors and rogues come to mind....if I meet an equal or better geared warrior I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall...I try kiting....that really doesn't work anymore since our slow got nerfed so bad....our self healing with battle fatigue and MS really sucks too.....all our defenses can be neutralized by them as well. How does everyone else do it? What am I doing wrong?

1v2? No way.

The ONLY way you can kill a Warrior or Rogue 1v1 is to spec EF, SW, and LH and they have to be stupid enough to stand in your LH (which most of them are so arrogant, they will).

The setup.
1. Hit the Warrior with Exorcism to apply Glyph of TV.
2. Wait through the charge stun.
3. Use HotR to apply Weakened Blows.
4. Kite around pillar.
5. Use burn macro (Inquisition, Wings, Kings, Trinket) and drop a Light's Hammer
6. Use HoW, Judge, HoW, to build 3 HP.
7. Get a EF on yourself. (applies with 20% bonus due to AW)
8. Apply Divine Protection (make sure you have the glyph for physical damage reduction)
9. Sanctified Wrath out performs Holy Avenger against a Warrior due to the fact it cuts through DBTS, you get more incoming heals (with glyph), and it last longer for CC.
10. About 10-15 seconds through burn, use Divine Shield.
11. FoL yourself.
12. Interrupt incoming Shattering throw with Blinding Light.
13. FoL yourself 2 more times.
14. Hit warrior with Stun.
15. You should have about 10 more seconds to now apply your HP to TV attacks.
Note: While DBTS is active, you should be using your HP to apply EF on yourself for heals.

With all applied dmg reduction and DP glyph, you should be taking 40% less damage.
With Sanctified Wrath (and glyph), Eternal Flame, and Light's Hammer, you should be bringing in 40k hps to nullify the bleeds plus Light's Hammer damage also cuts through DBTS. Nine times out of ten, if they are stupid enough to stand in Light's Hammer and you use your Holy abilities to cut through DBTS, you win. If you want to try and get fancy, you can try and seal dance. You get 5 stacks of SoT and then swap to SoJ. If you can't manage that with all the other stuff you need to get going, you should stick with SoT.

Rouges, you have to time your Divine Shield to nullify their burn. If you can get that timing, same tactic applies. They have to stand in Light's Hammer to dps you and it is on a 1 min cool down. Typically they run away to reset and I will alternate abilities to frustrate them and then pick up a stealth buff to finish them off in Arenas.

This is by no means a failsafe method of defeating Rogues and Warriors and neuters your support, but you can stand toe to toe with them 1v1 as long as they stand on your toes, or Lights Hammer, and if you can get your dmg reduction going and your incoming heals going. Oh, and Haste is your friend. The more hammers you can throw, the better off you will be. This strategy is heavily dependent on team makeup if you use it in 2s or 3s. Hunters seem to work best for synergy as stated in a previous post.
Edited by Devinski on 2/19/2014 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/18/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Agincourt
Hey, you may have missed that Vanguards said Ret is bad this patch and stopped plying his. So much for your theory

Someone has a very bad memory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10948374934?page=5

12/23/2013 04:45 AMPosted by Vanguardsz
Just wanted to clarity I still play my Ret.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Devinski, thanks for laying out a plan but it's a plan where all the stars would need to allign and that's just to beat one warrior. The guys premise is that he can 1 v 2 which is a lie. It's not possible
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
I'm supposed to be winning a forum battle here aren't I? My bad.

I got the footage, but I want to save some of it for a full length video somewhen. I'm gonna upload one of those games later.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/19/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Arrial

I got the footage, but I want to save some of it for a full length video somewhen. I'm gonna upload one of those games later.

You don't have to try too hard, there's been a video posted here of a ret doing 1v2 arenas quite recently.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
02/19/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Agincourt
Devinski, thanks for laying out a plan but it's a plan where all the stars would need to allign and that's just to beat one warrior. The guys premise is that he can 1 v 2 which is a lie. It's not possible

how can you think that something is "a lie" or "not possible" when it happens thousands of times every day? or do you just refuse to believe it because you can't replicate it?
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
02/19/2014 03:14 PMPosted by Cayse
02/19/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Arrial

You don't have to try too hard, there's been a video posted here of a ret doing 1v2 arenas quite recently.

That's cool, but I still want to upload it. The more Rets that show their potential the better.

Could you link that video by the way?
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
02/19/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Cannabinoidz

how can you think that something is "a lie" or "not possible" when it happens thousands of times every day? or do you just refuse to believe it because you can't replicate it?

Agincourt has been the same since Cataclysm, or even earlier. He doesn't know how to master Ret Paladin so he blames the class instead of himself. He's commonly known as "that one bad player" around here.

There's at least one of these players of every class, but Agin is probably one of the few who take it too far.
Edited by Arrial on 2/19/2014 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/19/2014 03:28 PMPosted by Arrial
02/19/2014 03:14 PMPosted by Cayse

That's cool, but I still want to upload it. The more Rets that show their potential the better.

Could you link that video by the way?

It's the super over-edited one that Neydolan posted. A while back there was one that was basically all arena, from someone else. I don't remember who.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/19/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Cannabinoidz

If you understand the Ret toolkit it's not possible. Kinda simple concept. In 1 V 1 all the stars have to line up perfectly for us to win. If we do win we are left without any offensive or defensive cooldowns. That all assumes that our second Opponent wasnt pouring CCs and damage on us or off healing the first opponent.

Yeah, I just 1 v 3 in Tol Barad the other night. But they were all bad players in bad gear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/19/2014 03:32 PMPosted by Avaricexx
I've 1v2ed Warr/Hpriest at 1700 in 2s.

Problem?
Were they being played by Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]