RET PVP

59 Worgen Mage
02/19/2014 03:31 PMPosted by Cayse
That's cool, but I still want to upload it. The more Rets that show their potential the better.

Could you link that video by the way?

It's the super over-edited one that Neydolan posted. A while back there was one that was basically all arena, from someone else. I don't remember who.

Oh that one. Yeah I saw that, nice gameplay but there was so much editing I couldn't see what as going on most of the time...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/19/2014 03:32 PMPosted by Agincourt
If you understand the Ret toolkit it's not possible. Kinda simple concept. In 1 V 1 all the stars have to line up perfectly for us to win. If we do win we are left without any offensive or defensive cooldowns. That all assumes that our second Opponent wasnt pouring CCs and damage on us or off healing the first opponent.

Apparently he thinks if he cant do it personally it cant be done.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/19/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Avaricexx
02/19/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Agincourt
...Were they being played by Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller?

No, I just understand how to utilize my abilities and thanks to bad rets like you, most players underestimate rets.
ahhhhh....the personal insult, excellent tactic

So you 1 v 2 that warrior/priest. Between what could amount to about 40 seconds of endless chain CC (multiple suns, multiple disarms, slows, fears) all while the warrior is throwing down more damage than you can possible heal. It would be a sad situation of you ending in death and both of them laughing at you.
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
If you understand the Ret toolkit it's not possible. Kinda simple concept. In 1 V 1 all the stars have to line up perfectly for us to win. If we do win we are left without any offensive or defensive cooldowns. That all assumes that our second Opponent wasnt pouring CCs and damage on us or off healing the first opponent.

I don't think you understand the Ret toolkit. Explain how the stars have to align perfectly for us to win, we aren't an RNG class like Ele Shaman.

Also, if you truly understand the Ret toolkit, you would use that potential to win.

I believe every class has the potential to do some amazing things, except maybe Brewmaster Monks.

Poor Brewmasters. ._.
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Mage
02/19/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Avaricexx
02/19/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Agincourt
So you 1 v 2 that warrior/priest. Between what could amount to about 40 seconds of endless chain CC (multiple suns, multiple disarms, slows, fears) all while the warrior is throwing down more damage than you can possible heal. It would be a sad situation of you ending in death and both of them laughing at you.

Kite first 7 seconds of the game while exesentence and Guardian are on Warr, arcane torrent is up on healer, got a lockout on a Flash Heal, then blinded healer, hojed warrior wingsed dead warr.

That's cool and all, but I honestly didn't think Execution Sentence was all that good. Maybe I should try it out more...

That battle must have been pretty fun to watch, surprised the Warrior or Priest didn't trinket though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/19/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Chaz

Apparently he thinks if he cant do it personally it cant be done.
Yup, a warrior with a pocket healer and a Ret is going to solo that? LOLOLOLOLOLO

Just for fun I'm going to go to the warrior forum and tell them we have a Ret that says he can solo an equally geared Warrior/Priest team. They should get a good laugh out of that
Reply Quote
Buff ret please blizz
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It works good depending on who you are with. I've never been one to care for rating as long as I get my CP cap I don't care for arena...however I can say our burst is really good, the issue is that we get kited, chain cc'd etc until our CD's die off then we kind of just stand there. Working well with the right teammate will make a ton of difference for you. If your teammate knows to keep em off your back so you can set up to burst/off heal then you should see some decent success...wouldn't go as far to say you will push 2200+ but you should at least get some enjoyment out of Ret in arena.

The most important thing I can say is play like a Ret, You're not a one-shot Warrior...time your abilities right and know when it's time to back off the DPS a little to keep your partner alive. We have a disadvantage to other classes in my opinion that makes it difficult at times however Ret will only be as strong as the competency of the player.

As you can tell the servers are down and I like to write a lot when I'm bored...
Edited by Krellic on 2/20/2014 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
basically to sum this thread up.

Its 9:55 cst, Ret is hard to play with a large skill cap, and people will still cry about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]