Ret Paladins, abilities and feeling useful.

100 Human Paladin
02/20/2014 05:44 AMPosted by Justicàr
OP you must be the worst kind of player...

You want to completely change the way Ret is played because of your obvious incapability to play it in it's current state.

Do you realize how pathetic and laughable this is? I think it should be pretty obvious to you from the responses you are getting from players who like the class and compete with other classes on the meters.

You honestly just sound like some skill clicking keyboard turning casual care bear to be completely blunt about it.

Make some key binds and learn how to press them more than once every 20 seconds.

So sick of bad players coming on here and bashing ret paladins.
Yeah, the way the OP has suggested these changes seem very backwards, but he still has good intentions nonetheless. No need to bash him with assumptions now, just because he has a different view of how the spec should operate.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
WoG + FoL the MT/OT, and Healers.

That's enough to be useful to others, besides that, just DPS.
Edited by Destron on 2/20/2014 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
@Areos, that would be nice. There's plenty of ways to implement flavor spells. I'm not so sure I would want to bother with them in cases where I'm pressed to do damage on every gcd or risk a wipe due to enrage. By this, I mean, they don't have to be attached to any spell. I'm not really going to care about them when I'm focusing on numbers and output, rather than my appearance, if you know what I'm saying?

Things like Glyph of Contemplation, where it has absolutely no use in combat whatsoever, is perfectly fine. Though I won't deny that I'd like some sort of awesome and amazing "Holy Warrior" ability in appearance that I will be using as a part of my rotation outside of Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger and Guardian of Ancient Kings. There is absolutely nothing in our standard rotation (putting aside major CD's like the ones I just mentioned) that yells "HEY! I'M A PALADIN!" outside of the holy damage done, and you can't even see that outside of tooltips and the combat log.

Speaking from a Retribution perspective, mind you.

02/20/2014 08:42 AMPosted by Wangbro
Mechanically we're awesome, although I think HP as it's used for holy paladins can use some reworking.

I agree here. Holydins only have WoG/Eternal Flame to use it on, right?

While Prots have a choice between damage mitigation/threat and healing themselves.
Rets have even more choices: Maintenance buff, damage or healing themselves.

Holy ... just heals. One spell. They need something else too, I'd agree.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/20/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Lynea
@Areos, that would be nice. There's plenty of ways to implement flavor spells. I'm not so sure I would want to bother with them in cases where I'm pressed to do damage on every gcd or risk a wipe due to enrage. By this, I mean, they don't have to be attached to any spell. I'm not really going to care about them when I'm focusing on numbers and output, rather than my appearance, if you know what I'm saying?

Things like Glyph of Contemplation, where it has absolutely no use in combat whatsoever, is perfectly fine. Though I won't deny that I'd like some sort of awesome and amazing "Holy Warrior" ability in appearance that I will be using as a part of my rotation outside of Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger and Guardian of Ancient Kings. There is absolutely nothing in our standard rotation (putting aside major CD's like the ones I just mentioned) that yells "HEY! I'M A PALADIN!" outside of the holy damage done, and you can't even see that outside of tooltips and the combat log.

Speaking from a Retribution perspective, mind you.

I think they could accomplish this by improving Inquisition's spell animation while active. As of now, it simply causes our hands to glow a white light, reminiscent to the old vengeance talent back in WotLK, but I think it would be more unique if it caused the Paladin to eminate a faint aura of light. Think of something like the Eternal Flame spell animation.

http://wowhead.com/spell=114163#screenshots:id=295047
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2014 06:12 PMPosted by Areos

I think they could accomplish this by improving Inquisition's spell animation while active. As of now, it simply causes our hands to glow a white light, reminiscent to the old vengeance talent back in WotLK, but I think it would be more unique if it caused the Paladin to eminate a faint aura of light. Think of something like the Eternal Flame spell animation.

http://wowhead.com/spell=114163#screenshots:id=295047

I honestly hope they don't touch Inquisition's effect. I missed that effect for so long.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/20/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Lynea

I agree here. Holydins only have WoG/Eternal Flame to use it on, right?

While Prots have a choice between damage mitigation/threat and healing themselves.
Rets have even more choices: Maintenance buff, damage or healing themselves.

Holy ... just heals. One spell. They need something else too, I'd agree.

Holy has two spells. An AoE heal and a single target option.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]