Big Continuity Issue:Zangermarsh,Blade's Edge

95 Tauren Druid
02/23/2014 10:42 PMPosted by Gartherix
Please give me a reference point, i cant accept. "im telling you this so belive it" back it up.its not addmisiable unless you do.

You realize a lot of it came from people playing the alpha? They can't give it to you. That's just a convenient excuse for you to ignore whatever you want.
Edited by Seiryu on 2/24/2014 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 10:14 PMPosted by Seiryu
02/23/2014 10:42 PMPosted by Gartherix
Please give me a reference point, i cant accept. "im telling you this so belive it" back it up.its not addmisiable unless you do.

You realize a lot of it came from people playing the alpha? They can't give it to you. That's just a convenient excuse for you to ignore whatever you want.

you understand. that seeing some mushrooms by the shores, and some high up mountains does not deem them what im asking.

its assumption. i want to be wrong. i want to know blizz some how has these two items referenced.For story line continuity.im not ignoreing it. there simplely half truths. and atop that many post differently as to where these "areas" are...

i see zangarmarsh being in Nagrand,or Teledor or as being islands in the sea.
blades edge as being between Frostfire and gorgound or in Gorgound or and in frostfire. or not "being" at all...

so... "convenient" lack of any real basis.aside form a sky pic that ?Could be a small area of mushrooms.
Edited by Gartherix on 2/25/2014 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/25/2014 12:19 AMPosted by Gartherix
you understand. that seeing some mushrooms by the shores, and some high up mountains does not deem them what im asking.

Then you're not going to get an answer that satisfies you. Right now we've only got speculation based on word of mouth from the alpha players.

It might've been better to have some patience and wait for the game to come out before raging about information we couldn't possibly have.
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 02:43 AMPosted by Veloran
02/25/2014 12:19 AMPosted by Gartherix

Then you're not going to get an answer that satisfies you. Right now we've only got speculation based on word of mouth from the alpha players.

It might've been better to have some patience and wait for the game to come out before raging about information we couldn't possibly have.

Ah my good man, how right you are, but questions of this nature get anwsers all the time.the Right eyes just need see them. for if this information isnt known. then by the time the game releases it will be well to late.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Then go tweet someone about it, because God knows that the devs don't read this forum.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
The marsh is likely a small area in Northern Talador, which means you won't know about it until people visit it in Beta since it isn't worth mentioning ahead of time.

The Blades Edge mountains are just a mountain chain within Gorgrond, it also does not need to be known of ahead of time. These might have been expanded into zones in Outland but they could be infinitely smaller on Draenor
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 09:21 AMPosted by Veloran
Then go tweet someone about it, because God knows that the devs don't read this forum.

i did tweet 2 people about this topic. and sir Bearsen that does nothing to further information.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
02/25/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Gartherix

i did tweet 2 people about this topic. and sir Bearsen that does nothing to further information.

Did you scroll through Dave Kosak's tweets for the zangarmarsh info yet?
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Grazzbek
02/25/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Gartherix

Did you scroll through Dave Kosak's tweets for the zangarmarsh info yet?

yessir i did. i looked at every single one and all replys. from now till mid oct

only one thing was close

and it was a question in a reply on a different topic, and dave doesnt respond to this person. so...yeah not answered. it wasnt a real tweet to him... its asked on a reply that might be why. but still he didnt respond.
Reply Quote
So good people of warcraft. My question this whole time more less has been for proof.. blizz has never had any Real continuity issues(very very small details.(mostly colors honestly) while this matters slightly more). this one might be argued as not being anything at all. i know a great deal of the Lore of warcraft. and am at a crossroad. i merely wish the issue be brought to there attention. BEFORE WoD ... so they know. but ive tweeted them and have this post i dont know how to take i further. does anyone else know?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
02/26/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Gartherix
So good people of warcraft. My question this whole time more less has been for proof.. blizz has never had any Real continuity issues(very very small details.(mostly colors honestly) while this matters slightly more). this one might be argued as not being anything at all. i know a great deal of the Lore of warcraft. and am at a crossroad. i merely wish the issue be brought to there attention. BEFORE WoD ... so they know. but ive tweeted them and have this post i dont know how to take i further. does anyone else know?

Hrmmmmmmm, I know I saw it...
Reply Quote
@Snak: yeah soo. whats the point of the story forum? to talk about the story... okay right thats it... and thats the subject matter soo yeah such a cancer. it COULD be impactful. if blizz has over looked it.

@Grazzbek : well my friend ive been looking yet again. this is all i got. 2 posts, one is big so i got a link the other i just copyed.
https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/403952657447927808

sorry about this.

Quirnheim ‏@Quirnheim Nov 18

@Loreology @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen Maybe I'm just stupid but...why is Shattrath a port city in WoD? Shattrath IIRC isn't near water.

Dave Kosak ‏@DaveKosak Nov 19

@Quirnheim @Loreology @ChrisMetzen Most of Outland is Draenor blown apart. But some of it is Draenor smashed together. Like Zangar Sea.

Quirnheim ‏@Quirnheim Nov 19

@DaveKosak @Loreology @ChrisMetzen That's fair. Thanks, DK!

Verroak Krasha ‏@Arakkoa Nov 19

@DaveKosak Except the part where Zangarmarsh already existed pre-Outland, per Rise of the Horde novel. Same with Blade's Edge.

Anyway i looked and look, but couldnt find anything more.
Edited by Gartherix on 2/27/2014 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/23/2014 12:28 AMPosted by Gartherix
World of Warcraft... What say you?

Hay Gartherix! Can I call you Garth? I was reading over your post, and although I'm not well versed in the intricacies of Warcraft lore, I do enjoy learning about it. I reached out to Craig Amai, lead quest designer, who you might have seen on stage at BlizzCon, and he gave me a few tidbits on how these things fit in. So I actually do have some answers for you!

Firstly and most important to me is Zangermarsh.
It is being shown on the WoD site that where the Zangermarsh is, the Sea of Zangar resides now.
Zangermarsh in someway would have had to have "existed ".even if it was small.
here is the passage:

"The orcs did not know about the Zangarmarsh. They had not yet sniffed out this hiding place,and if Velen had anything to say about it,they never would."
page 323 : Apx one year of Warlock magics.

While much of what we know from Outland used to be under water, there is a small piece of marshland called Zangarmarsh in Draenor, and is relatively close to Shattrath. It would indeed be the logical place for Velen to try to escape to.

Second is Blade's Edge
It is shown on the WoD site that Gorgond is where blades edge is. while it looks mountainous in the art. it looks more... Dourtar mountainous that Blade's Edge style. That is an issue in some ways, while the book does not reference the "Appearence" of the mountains, it does reference the name of them.

"the orges had told them where thier masters lurked and led them to this place-an opening at the foot of the Blade's Edge mountain chain."
page 259 :Apx between six months and one year of warlock magics

The Blackrock Clan are going to see the Ogres in BLADES EDGE, to see if they can get some to join them.

The Bladespire Mountains exist in Draenor, and the held theory by historians is that the Blade's Edge Mountains formed as Gorgron and Frostfire were driven into each other during the breaking of Outland. There may well be nods in Draenor toward the name Blade's Edge, and the future that is yet to come.

Last thing the once hidden city of Telmor, i DONT recall it in any Outlands quests and assume it will be in WoD in some way shape or form.

You will be able to visit Telmor in the expansion, Leafshadow and all, though you may be arriving too late to appreciate its full glory...

Hope that helps! :D
Edited by Bashiok on 2/28/2014 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Wait. A blue in the story forum?

WHAT!?
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Bashiok
You will be able to visit Telmor in the expansion, Leafshadow and all, though you may be arriving too late to appreciate its full glory...

This makes me really happy that it isn't forgotten and that we get to see more of the ata'mal crystals
Reply Quote
Blue! In the forums!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
:I

World of Warcraft... What say you?

Hay Gartherix! Can I call you Garth? I was reading over your post, and although I'm just not well versed in the intricacies of Warcraft lore, I do enjoy learning about it. I reached out to Craig Amai, lead quest designer, who you might have seen on stage at BlizzCon, and he gave me a few tidbits on how these things fit in. So I actually do have some answers for you!

Firstly and most important to me is Zangermarsh.
It is being shown on the WoD site that where the Zangermarsh is, the Sea of Zangar resides now.
Zangermarsh in someway would have had to have "existed ".even if it was small.
here is the passage:

"The orcs did not know about the Zangarmarsh. They had not yet sniffed out this hiding place,and if Velen had anything to say about it,they never would."
page 323 : Apx one year of Warlock magics.

While much of what we know from Outland used to be under water, there is a small piece of marshland called Zangarmarsh in Draenor, and is relatively close to Shattrath. It would indeed be the logical place for Velen to try to escape to.

Second is Blade's Edge
It is shown on the WoD site that Gorgond is where blades edge is. while it looks mountainous in the art. it looks more... Dourtar mountainous that Blade's Edge style. That is an issue in some ways, while the book does not reference the "Appearence" of the mountains, it does reference the name of them.

"the orges had told them where thier masters lurked and led them to this place-an opening at the foot of the Blade's Edge mountain chain."
page 259 :Apx between six months and one year of warlock magics

The Blackrock Clan are going to see the Ogres in BLADES EDGE, to see if they can get some to join them.

The Bladespire Mountains exist in Draenor, and the held theory by historians is that the Blade's Edge Mountains formed as Gorgron and Frostfire were driven into each other during the breaking of Outland. There may well be nods in Draenor toward the name Blade's Edge, and the future that is yet to come.

Last thing the once hidden city of Telmor, i DONT recall it in any Outlands quests and assume it will be in WoD in some way shape or form.

Hope that helps! :D

I'm torn between happiness at being proven wrong, and seething annoyance at being proven wrong.

Ah well. Still, good to know that the discrepancies have been accounted for.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

yessssss
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Reignac

yessssss

Cool.

I'm guessing it'll be near the southern coast of Talador given that it's described as being the closest Draenei settlement to Auchindoun in Rise of the Horde. Probably fell off into the Twisting Nether when Draenor went boom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]