Connected Realms – Updated 8/21

(Locked)

Community Manager
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, August 21 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
  • Lightninghoof and Maelstrom, The Venture Co
  • Shattered Hand and Coilfang, Dark Iron, Dalvengyr, and Demon Soul
  • Sisters of Elune and Cenarion Circle

* Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.
For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.

FAQ

Q. My realm needs connecting, why isn’t it listed?
A. The connections listed are the phases we’ve currently finalized and have planned connection dates or estimates available for. Additional connections are possible, but they just haven’t reached that stage yet. We’ll be updating the realm connection list as phases complete and new phases are planned.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
A. We'll update this thread with the latest information on currently planned phases.

Q. My realm has a lower population than those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
A. Realm connections are based on a number of factors including population, faction balance, the realm’s physical location in the world compared to other realms it may be connected to, among others. It’s also worth noting that websites which attempt to track population, while helpful in many ways, are estimates based on public data which may not provide the clearest picture of actual population.
Edited by Nethaera on 8/21/2014 7:05 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
I always get so excited when I see there's been an update...then I die a lil inside when I see arathors not on the list

It's kinda like opening a bag of chips and seeing it's mostly air
Edited by Tankadinz on 2/20/2014 3:12 PM PST
100 Human Priest
Thanks for the update, Neth. ^_^
3 Night Elf Rogue
Still no arathor sever don't think that one will ever get Connected we all where thinking it's be to skywall but nope even they get it before us.
90 Gnome Mage
02/20/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Tankadinz
I always get so excited when I see there's been an update...then I die a lil inside when I see arathors not on the list

It's kinda like opening a bag of chips and seeing it's mostly air

Same except Staghelm :( Though I'm also afraid after it does get its inevitable merge I'll miss the quietness of my original home (yes I still play alts there).
90 Draenei Mage
Happy to see Shadowsong on the list finally
100 Undead Hunter
Found an error

Ghostlands + Kael'thas is listed for March 6th connection and also as not having a date yet
90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/20/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Nuitarî
Happy to see Shadowsong on the list finally

I'm not.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Good lord! Connect the RP-PvP realms. I don't understand this nonsense; we only have 6 realms to connect, and one realm, Emerald Dream, is High/Full Population. What's the holdup? Outside of Emerald Dream, the RP-PvP realms are either dead or dying.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Good to see some oceanics on the list finally.

do MOAR!
90 Gnome Priest
Ghostlands/Kael'thas is on both the March 6th and the "still to be determined list" -- why must you play with my heart, Blizz
Edited by Zelara on 2/20/2014 3:38 PM PST
100 Human Warlock
According to the blog post, the Ghostlands/Kael'thas connection is on March 6th.
Dreadmaul and Thaurissan is what should be in the no date spot.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11393305/connected-realms-update-220-2-20-2014
90 Gnome Warlock
02/20/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Nethaera
Borean Tundra and Shadowsong

Hooray. ;D

02/20/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Anikyre
I'm not.

Because its being connected my the server I am on?
100 Tauren Hunter
Poor Zuluhed =(
02/20/2014 03:54 PMPosted by Felwaffles
02/20/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Nethaera
Borean Tundra and Shadowsong

Hooray. ;D

02/20/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Anikyre
I'm not.

Because its being connected my the server I am on?

I don't want my servers connected to anyone.
100 Worgen Warrior
What's wrong with Staghelm? It only says medium then goes to low due to bots and gold sellers. The server is dead :(...
90 Gnome Warlock
02/20/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Anikyre
don't want my servers connected to anyone.

Huh.

I really thought it was my reason. >_>
90 Night Elf Priest
Shadowmoon is forever alone ;_;
02/20/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Felwaffles
02/20/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Anikyre
don't want my servers connected to anyone.

Huh.

I really thought it was my reason. >_>

Did you have some reason to think I don't like you? AFAIK, I've never posted anything that would give you that impression; in fact, the opposite.
100 Orc Warlock
So Maelstrom server....

We've been low pop all of Mists of Pandaria. The server is completely dead. I moved to Wyrmrest Accord as a result, but I have several friends there.

We've heard nothing on connected realms for them, can you PLEASE provide an update for us? All RP-PVP servers are being completely ignored thus far for realm connections. I don't understand why this is happening but so many of my friends have quit as a result of the inaction :(.

Please, send help.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]