Mr. Robot

90 Worgen Warrior
02/21/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Awkward
Aff burst is cray cray, but then it's DPS just wilts.

Which I've always found odd since traditionally the longer a fight went, the better Aff was.

I do believe Fleas was using Affliction for Thok for a while. Not sure what spec he was when we killed him, I think it was Destruction.

From a purely objective standpoint, rerolling a Warlock isn't a bad choice. Barring (another) major rework, we should still have all the same strengths we've had throughout MoP, the biggest one being the flexibility in DPS our three specs allow us.

Plus, the leaked talents are interesting. Chaotic Resource addresses one of Demonologies biggest weaknesses by giving it a far stronger opener, which seems neat.

They're certainly more interesting than the Mage or Warrior talents. I like the flexibility, so I might just go with that. I would like the chance to offspec heal, but I don't like any of the caster classes that have a heal offspec.

Sorry for the late reply, I got a phone interview.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/21/2014 09:01 AMPosted by Felwaffles
When you hit 90 but...you were dead set on listening to that "heroic" raider.

To be fair it only took him 4 months...
To get to Siegecrafter.

Y u no btag ;-;
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
02/21/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Gundalf
02/21/2014 09:01 AMPosted by Felwaffles
When you hit 90 but...you were dead set on listening to that "heroic" raider.

To be fair it only took him 4 months...
To get to Siegecrafter.

Y u no btag ;-;

._.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
02/21/2014 08:59 AMPosted by Bartello
I'm sure if you are a heroic raider, Mr. Robot is a joke.

Speaking purely from a HM Raider PoV, AMR is an excellent optimization tool. And it's even okay if you use default stat weights since they've improved over time.

But if you're going to do, do it right and use AMR in combination with custom stat weights from something like Simcraft and haste breakpoints if applicable.
Reply Quote
14 Human Rogue
02/21/2014 08:10 AMPosted by Gundalf
02/21/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Strangiata
or you could just use your own brain

02/21/2014 08:10 AMPosted by Awkward
I'd be genuinely impressed if you could optimize gear perfectly based on a custom stat weights using nothing but your mind.

15% Cap
Mastery
Crit
Int

Then work on mastery/crit gems
That's true, but to get each stat at it's highest you'd need a spread sheet... or a VERY long time to do it by trial and error. That's what mr robot is. a very complex spreadsheet
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
02/21/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Jakkhel
I do believe Fleas was using Affliction for Thok for a while. Not sure what spec he was when we killed him, I think it was Destruction.

Destruction with a Haste build is the way to go. Once you get high haste it doesn't really matter what you use Backdraft on so you can use it to squeeze CB's between roars (with good timing of course).

Also, Havoc cleaving on Jailers and Bat AoE.

Aff falls behind on Thok when you hit execute phase since it's far harder to fit more than one tick of DS in between roars so you miss out on a lot of shards.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I'm lucky I'm a rogue and can use shadowcraft :P

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/21/2014 09:08 AMPosted by Awkward
Destruction with a Haste build is the way to go. Once you get high haste it doesn't really matter what you use Backdraft on so you can use it to squeeze CB's between roars (with good timing of course).

Aff falls behind on Thok when you hit execute phase since it's far harder to fit more than one tick of DS in between roars so you miss out on a lot of shards.

I think that's more or less what he's doing. We do the fire strategy (even with two tanks/three healers) to avoid the bats until the very last phase, and then we CC them while be burn Thok. We've only killed him once so far, but that was how it happened.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
02/21/2014 09:08 AMPosted by Awkward
02/21/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Jakkhel

Personally, I prefer demo on thok. That bat burst!

Also, your bit about M>C>H/M>H>C with destro/demo is off.

Demo still doesn't value crit.

On topic: AMR is a great tool is you can use if correctly.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
02/21/2014 08:05 AMPosted by Zedious
Do you trust it?

Do you trust the addons:

Pawn
EquipCompare
RatingBuster
ReforgeLite

I keep getting different answers from different addons and website.

I'm sure it's already been said, but you really need to use SimCraft with Mr. Robot to get accurate results. Your stats scale differently with every piece of gear you have on. Each site, by default, uses its own basis for each class/spec as the initial setting, but you need to enter your own stat weights to get accurate results.
Edited by Perzival on 2/21/2014 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Mr. Robot is just a tool. People who call it bad don't know how to use it and just stick to the default values.

You can set it up to do pretty much anything you want it to do as far as gear optimization goes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
02/21/2014 08:42 AMPosted by Divinez
Lowly plebeians with your Mr. Robot, I'm a rogue, we have shadowcraft.

I miss Rawr for mages.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I miss RAWR period. It was very good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]