All World Of WarCraft servers are PvP

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Well, I've never had that happen to me on TI. Then again, I don't spend a lot of time there any more - in fact, I probably haven't been there in weeks. Next time I'll be there is when one of my 87s hits 90....

Yes, it does seem as if TI is now the pvp fotm - but the game itself is not at all "just pvp". It's one area in the game.
100 Orc Shaman
As with any contested area, even on a pve server you need to be careful not to hit players flagged for pvp.

Rare spawns on timeless isle only require you to 'tag' them (damage them, or heal someone damaging them) once, so you can use arcane shot / serpent sting on the mob and wait for the pvp'ers to kill it. If there are enough of them for you to be 'set upon' then waiting for the mob to die shouldn't take long.
100 Tauren Death Knight
From what I understand, Blizzard is planning on some sort of "yes, I MEAN IT when I say I don't want to pvp" flag, with the next expansion.

For what it's worth.
100 Worgen Warrior
02/25/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Taurettes
From what I understand, Blizzard is planning on some sort of "yes, I MEAN IT when I say I don't want to pvp" flag, with the next expansion.

For what it's worth.

Pretty much what he said. They're enhancing the PvP toggle to prevent accidental flagging.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Its worth a great deal for me. yes you only need to tag the rare once to get credit but thats not how the games played you help with every thing you got to bring the big bad boss down. I only figured it out today but ive been killed rep grinding so basiclly your telling me to stop using my ability in fear of Damaging a PvP whos only there to kill other players. Like I stated my quality of game tanked. Ive also ran in to PvP players killing off the quest givers or standing over them so when you click on the quest givers you click on them and they turn and kill you for easy honor points .
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well the !@#$%^ ally PvP wolfpack was at it again and many of the Horde fell victim they were sitting on the regen spot killing any horde that regen who just happen to damage a ally PvP who were puposlly running in the the line of fire on the rare people where trying to take down. just to grief Horde players
6 Undead Warrior
02/25/2014 05:17 PMPosted by Quynsesa
Yep all servers are now PVP you cant avoid tagging your self if you use ability that damage more then the target. Playing on Timeless Isle I targeted the rare spawn when all of a sudden I was set up on buy a pack of PvP players. I was confused as always why their allowed to attack me when I clearly have PvP disabled . The asnwer I used Lynx Rush and a trinket grenade on the rare spawn in which a PvP took damage which changed my stats to PvP.

More likely, you attacked a target that was really a hunter's pet that looks like a rare spawn... lots of hunters on my server are trapping Emerald Ganders so they can get unsuspecting people to attack it which will get you flagged.

You would not get flagged for using AOE attacks on something if you're not already flagged.

02/25/2014 05:17 PMPosted by Quynsesa
Your going to try to explain why its not but its all bullcrap. most of you well say to bad go play some other game screw your cry baby !@#. so what ever the games now PvP and there no where to play with out it interfering with your game.

I'm not sure what's more upsetting: the gross inaccuracies, or the horrible grammar...
Edited by Deadhorse on 2/27/2014 5:28 PM PST
91 Tauren Shaman
I accidentally flagged by hitting a Troll Rogue on my Alliance. He killed me, I rezzed, he saw me again, hit me once, I stood there, he went away. I though that was nice of him. Showed he wanted actual PvP, not ganking.
You would not get flagged for using AOE attacks on something if you're not already flagged.
If you use AoE or multi-target in range of a flagged player, the game reads that as "yes, I attacked them, I want PvP" and flags you.
Edited by Opalei on 2/27/2014 5:27 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I didn't hit any pet I used an ability that damages a area or group on the rare. understandable you might target some one by mistake but this groups there to grief their sitting 5 6 7 at the regeneration spot to kill all Horde that fell victim to their ploy to get tagged as to switch horde to PvP. The quality of the game suffers as their doing it to get easy honor and to grief players by killing them as the regenerate.

If you going to say just wait the 6 minutes I pay to play not sit and wait because asshats like to grief Horde those people should be banned from playing
90 Orc Hunter
I found the problem.

You used Lynx Rush. No one uses Lynx Rush.
6 Undead Warrior
02/27/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Quynsesa
I didn't hit any pet I used an ability that damages a area or group on the rare. understandable you might target some one by mistake but this groups there to grief their sitting 5 6 7 at the regeneration spot to kill all Horde that fell victim to their ploy to get tagged as to switch horde to PvP. The quality of the game suffers as their doing it to get easy honor and to grief players by killing them as the regenerate.

If you going to say just wait the 6 minutes I pay to play not sit and wait because asshats like to grief Horde those people should be banned from playing

You cannot get flagged by using AOE on flagged players unless you were already flagged. When you used Lynx Rush, you had to target a specific target, you most likely targeted a Hunter's pet that LOOKS like a rare spawn... by directly targeting and damaging a target, you got flagged. Stop blaming the game for what was in all likelihood, your own mistake.
100 Orc Hunter
I have another 90 hunter on a PvE server Alliance side and I hammer rares on Timeless without ever getting flagged. Turn thunderstomp or any aoe taunts off on your pet, better yet don't use a tanking pet and know what your attacks do so that you are not tab targeting and accidentally hitting a flagged opponent.

Timeless Isle is sorta like a PvP zone so know that going there and as a fellow hunter let me give you some advice. Don't come whining to the forums. Learn to defend yourself and have some hunter pride and just stop when you are OMFG mad and don't post crying threads. Hunters have so many CC, stuns, disorients, damage reductions, disengages, etc etc that there is no reason not to know your class enough to protect yourself.
Hey OP, I remember you.
100 Dwarf Hunter
Um...I trap/multishot/living bomb/FOK/Spinning crane kick around flagged idiots all the time, and I've never flagged that way. The only time I've gotten in to a PvP situation there was when I'd forgotten on my Horde hunter that I was still flagged from getting pulled to a PvP server for Celestials the day before. Lucky for me that the Nelf Frost DK in question was super bad and I stomped him, despite him having gotten the drop on me.

You must have tabbed the guy, which I hate to say it, but that's kind of your fault.
91 Gnome Rogue
02/27/2014 05:51 PMPosted by Xevon
Hey OP, I remember you.

Pretty sure they were complaining that flying costs are too high.

lul
100 Human Priest
Just a note, AoEs don't flag you for pvp. You must have targeted, intentionally or otherwise. Tab targeting, missclicking; there are lots of ways.
Community Manager
02/25/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Taurettes

For what it's worth.

I was actually dropping into this thread to mention that a system like this is on our radar.
Edited by Daxxarri on 2/27/2014 6:09 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]