Free boost to 90 with WoD pre-order

My wife is looking to start playing wow with me and I was wondering if anyone knew if she can get the free level 90 upgrade with a WoD pre-order. Not for 5.4.7 but maybe during the 6.0 patch. Has anyone heard?
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Warrior
If the pre-order is released during 5.4.7, she'll get it then.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
She will get it whenever the pre-order is released--which there is no definitive information regarding such available yet.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Every indication from Blizzard is that we will get our free 90s as soon as pre-orders become available which is likely to be long before 6.0 goes live. The tech for it was in the 5.4.7 patch. And a blue post said we'd have time to get our legendary cloaks on our new 90's before WoD launches, which implies we would be getting them at least 3 months before WoD goes live.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the intel. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Most likely the boost will come with your pre-order..but may i suggest actually having your wife level up and get use to the game..It would be best for all and especially your wife so she can learn the basics :P
Reply Quote
Yea she plays on my account solo but it would be nice to play together. I have her playing with all key binds. Which is the hardest thing to get used too. I'm very impressed with her. Thanks again.
Reply Quote
Blizzard announced back in January that the free 90 you get with ANY Warlords of Draenor purchase will be given to players immediately if they pre-purchase. That's why the functionality for the boost was pushed out in 5.4.7. At this point, we're just waiting for pre-purchases to become available.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Hunter
My only concern with this is what is stopping someone from upgrading/get 90/cancel upgrade and rinse repeat to bypass the paid 90s when pre-orders go out. I know it seems miniscule and affects me nil but for Blizzard it is something to take into account.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/05/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Somaliu
My only concern with this is what is stopping someone from upgrading/get 90/cancel upgrade and rinse repeat to bypass the paid 90s when pre-orders go out. I know it seems miniscule and affects me nil but for Blizzard it is something to take into account.

last time i checked the only way you could cancel an account upgrade is to contact customer service and they will probably revert the character back to before you boosted it (much like how they can restore your character if it gets deleted.)

p.s.
hi fellow eitrigg player
Edited by Garraena on 3/5/2014 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

I'm sure Blizzard will have some kind of policy to prevent this kind of abuse.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Hunter
03/05/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Garraena

last time i checked the only way you could cancel an account upgrade is to contact customer service and they will probably revert the character back to before you boosted it (much like how they can restore your character if it gets deleted.)

p.s.
hi fellow eitrigg player

Actually a shu'halo player but ran out of char slots when I account transferred this character lol. But hi :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/05/2014 01:12 PMPosted by Somaliu
Actually a shu'halo player but ran out of char slots when I account transferred this character lol. But hi :)

ehh... close enough :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know about the free 90 boost with WoD preorder; but is there any news about the paid 90 boost? It doesn't seem like Blizz to sit on a sure money-maker when they have the system ready, as we saw in 5.4.7 launch; so, what are they waiting for?
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 01:53 PMPosted by Wiselle
I know about the free 90 boost with WoD preorder; but is there any news about the paid 90 boost? It doesn't seem like Blizz to sit on a sure money-maker when they have the system ready, as we saw in 5.4.7 launch; so, what are they waiting for?

I can't say for sure what they're waiting on. At the very least, they're waiting on the pre-purchase for WoD to go live (which is when people will get their free 90s). They could possibly wait until WoD actually launches to allow people to buy 90s. Either way, paid 90s will be available Soon™.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]