Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

100 Undead Warrior
Balance is good and all but there must be an even greater balance to balance the fun and balance.
buff ally nerf horde?? hmmmm
100 Undead Warrior
The most balanced game does not equal the most fun.
90 Undead Rogue
03/03/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Risami
I know that you mention that Pandaren racials wont be changing, but this is my one and only concern, which is something that happens even now. Pandaren essentially "lose" their (important) racial in a fight if they are killed and then later battle rezzed, whereas no other race ever faces losing their racial attributes.

Additionally, I'm sure most people aren't using important stat-foods out in the world questing/leveling/doing dailies (aside from cheap vendor food perhaps) that Pandaren don't get their racial in those capacities either, while all the other races maintain some sort of racial buff everywhere.

Could the Pandaren racial be tweaked in such a way that we have "Full Bellies" or something so that we can keep the food buff equivalent (so not double food buff) or some portion of it all the time? Maybe having a "Hungry" buff to represent it before eating food or while not having eaten food, the same "Well Fed" buff once food is eaten, and then a "Still Full" buff if you are killed and then rezzed in a fight? I really like being a panda, but it's kinda annoying that no one else loses their racial like we do.

Thoughts?

This is a good point although in terms of "losing" racials I'd also like to point out this is why I dislike the new troll exp racial, as well as the Pandaren exp racial, and to be honest also the crafting racials which force you to make choice x or else you don't receive any benefit.

Really, any and all racials should be active for the class regardless of if level capped or not and regardless of class. The other example of this coming to mind being Orc pet racials not benefiting warrior and rogue. How you could fix that I'm not quite sure, whoops, now they'll remove that too and put in nothing to compensate since they're not Alliance.

Really this whole thread baffles me. Why nerf entire races when you could just buff the others? Besides laziness.
03/03/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Flourence

Your guild name is quite fitting for you if you really believe that.
Edited by Thale on 3/3/2014 1:19 PM PST
100 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Coldbrand
03/03/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Risami
I know that you mention that Pandaren racials wont be changing, but this is my one and only concern, which is something that happens even now. Pandaren essentially "lose" their (important) racial in a fight if they are killed and then later battle rezzed, whereas no other race ever faces losing their racial attributes.

Additionally, I'm sure most people aren't using important stat-foods out in the world questing/leveling/doing dailies (aside from cheap vendor food perhaps) that Pandaren don't get their racial in those capacities either, while all the other races maintain some sort of racial buff everywhere.

Could the Pandaren racial be tweaked in such a way that we have "Full Bellies" or something so that we can keep the food buff equivalent (so not double food buff) or some portion of it all the time? Maybe having a "Hungry" buff to represent it before eating food or while not having eaten food, the same "Well Fed" buff once food is eaten, and then a "Still Full" buff if you are killed and then rezzed in a fight? I really like being a panda, but it's kinda annoying that no one else loses their racial like we do.

Thoughts?

This is a good point although in terms of "losing" racials I'd also like to point out this is why I dislike the new troll exp racial, as well as the Pandaren exp racial, and to be honest also the crafting racials which force you to make choice x or else you don't receive any benefit.

Really, any and all racials should be active for the class regardless of if level capped or not and regardless of class. The other example of this coming to mind being Orc pet racials not benefiting warrior and rogue. How you could fix that I'm not quite sure, whoops, now they'll remove that too and put in nothing to compensate since they're not Alliance.

Really this whole thread baffles me. Why nerf entire races when you could just buff the others? Besides laziness.

To make the Alliance feel better by making The Horde suffer.
100 Undead Warrior
I've never got my kicks by making the Alliance suffer I'm all for the Alliance getting The Black Temple, better racials etc... but only if we see improvements as well.
Edited by Flourence on 3/3/2014 1:22 PM PST
100 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Thale
03/03/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Flourence

Your guild name is quite fitting for you if you really believe that.

Have fun with everyone playing one race, one class, one spec, more balance equals more fun right?
Edited by Flourence on 3/3/2014 1:27 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
03/03/2014 12:06 PMPosted by Plezuré
So why are dwarves getting a 2% increase to a secondary stat while the rest of the races are only getting a 1% increase. Seems really unfair to everyone else and OP for them.

In short: they're not.

Critical Strike = chance to land a critical hit (cf: worgen and WoD blood elves.) This is a secondary stat.

Critical Effect = extra damage/healing after a critical hit lands (cf: certain popular PvE meta gems, if the legendary is not available.) This does not exist as a stat currently, just an effect on the meta gems.

Tauren and dwarves are getting +2% Critical Effect.
98 Worgen Mage
If AT still exists in some proc snapshotting form, Berserking @ 15% will still be a significant outlier for Mages, especially since we just effortlessly macro it in. It's even more of an outlier for Fire due to its interaction with Combustion, which essentially double dips from haste.

Either way, my guild still raids Alliance so looking forward to going Dwarf in 6.0.

Also, like Risami said, the Pandaren racial should be passive since other classes are getting the same thing for free. The issue was compounded a bit early in the expansion when 300 food was really expensive, but I'm hoping for more food carts going forward.
Edited by Digerati on 3/3/2014 1:43 PM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
03/03/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Flourence
Have fun with everyone playing one race, one class, one spec, more balance equals more fun right?

To be fair, everyone was playing trolls for dps, that was not fun. Everyone in PvP on alliance were playing humans, everyone on horde were playing orcs and undead in pvp. That's not fun. Making racials more equal for races makes it so you will see more diversity.

I will say that more cosmetic racials for races would be great, but damage bonuses that very much favor one race over another are terrible.
Edited by Mystheal on 3/3/2014 1:31 PM PST
90 Human Hunter
03/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Backstabs
Id like to see combat racials removed and focus more on cosmetic/fun racials so everyone can play what they want to play instead of what offers the best minmaxing

thanks for the post anyways

Absolutely agree here, 100%. I'd *love* it if we all just got fun cosmetic things. Granted, I never pick my race for minmaxing purposes, but I get why it could be frustrating for people who want every possible synergy. Plus then I would no longer feel bad for not picking the "best" race in whatever situation I am in. Also, then we might get more fun cosmetic things, which would be great.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
boo alliance. hope you QQrs are happy

rerolling to an ugly !@#$ Draenei
100 Draenei Shaman
03/03/2014 01:32 PMPosted by Öot
boo alliance. hope you QQrs are happy

rerolling to an ugly !@#$ Draenei

Blood elves got buffs though, Tauren too.
100 Undead Warrior
It's fun when your race provides something for combat.
2 Goblin Mage
only change i see is horde getting everything Nerf down the line. Gee what a wonderful "change"
Edited by Therapys on 3/3/2014 1:35 PM PST
100 Undead Warrior
I PvE and currently undead PvE racial is practically nonexistent also since I'm a warrior with berserker rage and trinket Wotf is practically useless.
100 Draenei Hunter
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Draenei

Heroic Presence has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
Gift of the Naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).

This, I like.

I just hope the stat bonus works out right... If it is a %, then it may be OP but then if it was a static number, by the end of the expansion the bonus may be worthless but amazing right when you hit level cap.

Seems trickier to balance than just a 1% crit or haste due to how main stats affect different classes differently.

And 5 second GotN? SO much win. I might actually find it more useful than just a "Oh, I want my health back faster but don't want to sit and eat or use a potion" that I mainly use it for now.

20% health in 5 seconds and an agility bonus... So glad I race changed to Draenei months ago.
100 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Elorenia
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Draenei

Heroic Presence has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
Gift of the Naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).

This, I like.

I just hope the stat bonus works out right... If it is a %, then it may be OP but then if it was a static number, by the end of the expansion the bonus may be worthless but amazing right when you hit level cap.

Seems trickier to balance than just a 1% crit or haste due to how main stats affect different classes differently.

And 5 second GotN? SO much win. I might actually find it more useful than just a "Oh, I want my health back faster but don't want to sit and eat or use a potion" that I mainly use it for now.

20% health in 5 seconds and an agility bonus... So glad I race changed to Draenei months ago.

Glad you're happy about your buff but I've received none. (except for a nerf)
100 Undead Warrior
My class receives nothing from my race.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]