Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
  • Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

• Why are you giving 3% mana to Warlocks when Warlocks don't use mana as a resource (it either regens super fast, or half of it in a single GCD with lifetap -- 3% won't change that)?

Since Ret "uses" mana in the same way Warlocks do, but actually uses HoPo, wouldn't it make more sense to give Warlocks their secondary resource from AT?
    Edited by Vyrianthor on 3/3/2014 1:40 PM PST
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    03/03/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Vyrianthor
    Why are you giving 3% mana to Warlocks when Warlocks don't use mana as a resource (it either regens super fast, or half of it in a single GCD with lifetap -- 3% won't change that)?

Who knows. Maybe you won't have Lifetap anymore in 6.0.
    90 Troll Warrior
    03/03/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Trismegiste
    03/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Backstabs
    Id like to see combat racials removed and focus more on cosmetic/fun racials so everyone can play what they want to play instead of what offers the best minmaxing

thanks for the post anyways

Absolutely agree here, 100%. I'd *love* it if we all just got fun cosmetic things. Granted, I never pick my race for minmaxing purposes, but I get why it could be frustrating for people who want every possible synergy. Plus then I would no longer feel bad for not picking the "best" race in whatever situation I am in. Also, then we might get more fun cosmetic things, which would be great.

I agree would love throughput/damage racials to disappear altogether and be more cosmetic/utility based.

Also dislike racial talents that are 100% useless, like increased pet damage for non pet classes. Its disappointing when you have a bunch of irrelevant or completely useless traits. Would be nice to see xp related traits be xp/rep related so they remain relevent after hitting the level cap..

Would also be nice to have a much greater list of racials to be able to choose from. Maybe even make talent 0 a racial talent, then do away with all the racials in their current form
    Personally I think racials should function more like minor glyphs, and be purely cosmetic or convenience stuff more geared towards RP and fun. It'd make min-maxing less restrictive, add a little more flavor to our characters, and would make Alliance/Horde balancing much easier. The Worgen Two Forms racial is a pretty good example- it has no effect on gameplay, but makes the race a bit more interesting and fun. Stuff like Night Elves turning semi-translucent at night (like the level of glyphed shadowform), or Dwarves and Pandaren being able to occasionally summon a keg that they and their group members can take a drink from, Blood Elves being able to summon a little non-combat non-battle-pet arcane familiar or mana wyrm to follow them around for a little while, Draenei being able to meditate on the Naaru and have a little image of one appear above their head, Tauren being able to grow flowers around where they're standing (like the Lifeblood skill Herbalists get, but without the healing), Undead being able to plague-ify critters and have them follow around as non-combat non-battle pets... Fun stuff like that. An extra hearth that's permanently set to your race's capital city (or Org for trolls/goblins/pandas, IF for gnomes, and SW for worgen/pandas) would also be a neat touch, and might give the absolutely gorgeous but deserted Exodar and Silvermoon some love.
    90 Undead Warrior
  • Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

• Why are you giving 3% mana to Warlocks when Warlocks don't use mana as a resource (it either regens super fast, or half of it in a single GCD with lifetap -- 3% won't change that)?

Since Ret "uses" mana in the same way Warlocks do, but actually uses HoPo, wouldn't it make more sense to give Warlocks their secondary resource from AT?
    +

They can possibly make mana how it used to be.
    90 Undead Rogue
    03/03/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Thale
    03/03/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Flourence
    The most balanced game does not equal the most fun.

Your guild name is quite fitting for you if you really believe that.

I know right, that's why Marvel vs Capcom 2 died shortly after release and didn't go on for 10+ years of intense competitive play. It's also why people get so incredibly excited for mirror matches right?
    90 Draenei Shaman
    03/03/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Flourence
    I PvE and currently undead PvE racial is practically nonexistent also since I'm a warrior with berserker rage and trinket Wotf is practically useless.

As undead you have touch of the grave and will of the forsaken for combat. Draenei have only had a 1% hit (that is of course the worst stat and you benefit by only getting a small percent of that back when you reforge your over hit)and a 15 second static hot that is effected by fatigue and other healing debuffs as well as you can't use it while silenced, not to mention it's on a 3 minute CD. It's entirely worthless. This change makes it slightly better (only 5 seconds now, but still effected by healing debuff and probably silence on a 3 min cd).

03/03/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Therapys
    only change i see is horde getting everything Nerf down the line. Gee what a wonderful "change"

Blood elves, tauren and goblins got buffs. Orcs and trolls were extremely op (and even after the nerf will still have the best pve racials) and needed to be brought down a bit.
    90 Undead Rogue
    Whoah 1% extra mana returned, huge buff! Hey, and 1 in a hundred times where previously they wouldn't crit now they do! Hell yeah! Blood Elves are absolute bottom tier now being joined by undead and alongside Worgen.
    90 Troll Druid
    The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases two secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which two secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.
    .....wait what

Expansive Mind now increases maximum Mana, Energy, Rage, and Runic Power by 5% instead of only increasing maximum Mana.
    Please dont do it

Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%
    This will be completely useless at level 100.

Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike Chance by 1% during the day.
    Time to look for a day time guild night elves

Gift of the Naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
    I don't know if this will be op or just trash, we'll see

Will of the Forsaken’s cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
    So you nerf wotf which only trinkets fears and charms instead of making emfh 3 minutes also but i guess you guys need time to think about it /facepalm

Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).
    Thank you so much

Quickness now also increases movement speed by 2% in addition to increasing Dodge chance by 2%.
    How does this have anything to do with lore o.o?

Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights
    Would be great if it gave a death rune instead of 20 rp
    90 Undead Warrior
    03/03/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Mystheal
    03/03/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Flourence
    I PvE and currently undead PvE racial is practically nonexistent also since I'm a warrior with berserker rage and trinket Wotf is practically useless.

As undead you have touch of the grave and will of the forsaken for combat. Draenei have only had a 1% hit (that is of course the worst stat and you benefit by only getting a small percent of that back when you reforge your over hit)and a 15 second static hot that is effected by fatigue and other healing debuffs as well as you can't use it while silenced, not to mention it's on a 3 minute CD. It's entirely worthless. This change makes it slightly better (only 5 seconds now, but still effected by healing debuff and probably silence on a 3 min cd).

03/03/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Therapys
    only change i see is horde getting everything Nerf down the line. Gee what a wonderful "change"

Blood elves, tauren and goblins got buffs. Orcs and trolls were extremely op (and even after the nerf will still have the best pve racials) and needed to be brought down a bit.

Touch of the grave does not scale with gear, strength crit and the like does... Wotf is useless in PvE and in PvP it's useless for warriors as well.
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    Bashiok.

I have an issue. WotF is basically a PvP trinket ability that only effects SOME cc. It was nerfed from a 2 min CD to a 3 min CD.

EMFH is a PvP trinket ability that removes EVERY cc. It remains a 2 min CD.

So your design logic is "let's nerf the less powerful racial significantly but lets not touch the most powerful racial." I see an issue in PvP and an emphasis on the clear bias towards humans. EMFH is one of if not THE most powerful racial for PvP.

I'm sorry but you say itemisation may mean that this racial is not overpowered. It is historically accurate that trinkets are some of THE most powerful items outside of weapons/legendaries. You need to make EMFH a 3 min CD as well and quite possibly only remove certian abilities to be in line with WotF.
    90 Blood Elf Warlock
    03/03/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Aeolyn
    Why are you giving 3% mana to Warlocks when Warlocks don't use mana as a resource (it either regens super fast, or half of it in a single GCD with lifetap -- 3% won't change that)?

Who knows. Maybe you won't have Lifetap anymore in 6.0.

Quite possible, but somehow I don't think they're going to revamp Warlocks again to that degree. They did it in MoP, and to just go and redo it would seem a waste of dev time, since the class functions well without significant button bloat.

But it's always possible.

However, the fact remains that unless DPS casters are at risk of OOMing (hasn't been really true since BC), 3% mana is worthless.
    90 Undead Rogue
    03/03/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Apothuss
    Bashiok.

I have an issue. WotF is basically a PvP trinket ability that only effects SOME cc. It was nerfed from a 2 min CD to a 3 min CD.

EMFH is a PvP trinket ability that removes EVERY cc. It remains a 2 min CD.

So your design logic is "let's nerf the less powerful racial significantly but lets not touch the most powerful racial." I see an issue in PvP and an emphasis on the clear bias towards humans. EMFH is one of if not THE most powerful racial for PvP.

I'm sorry but you say itemisation may mean that this racial is not overpowered. It is historically accurate that trinkets are some of THE most powerful items outside of weapons/legendaries. You need to make EMFH a 3 min CD as well and quite possibly only remove certian abilities to be in line with WotF.

I'm pretty sure Will of the Forsaken also used to grant brief immunity. It also didn't have the 30 second cooldown link with trinkets. While we're being historical with nerfs. Also overlooking the changes to water as a hazard in WoW (you actually used to drown sometimes!) and the loss of waterbreathing which was already a nerf from the beta total lack of need for air. AND the distribution of the nerfed waterbreathing racial to basically all races. And yes you don't even notice the leech racial. We won't even discuss shadow resist which quite frankly along with the other resists should be removed. All these 1% effect designs really suck to be honest and are so minor that they may as well not exist. Stoneform (before the countless nerfs WotF), berserking, shadowmeld are well designed meaningful racials that are actually interesting and impact gameplay and can be used creatively. (Stoneform allowing vanish with bleeds etc.)
    Edited by Coldbrand on 3/3/2014 1:54 PM PST
    90 Blood Elf Mage
    feels like Horde is getting the short end of this stick by far.

Blood elves seem fine, okay but feels slightly closer to wrath again *still weaker then*
    Trolls, owned
    Tauren...... beef
    Orcs, owned
    Goblins.....*still look like GC, just can't win with that*
    Undead *if they were dead again no one would notice*
    Edited by Cecilie on 3/3/2014 2:01 PM PST
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    03/03/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Zelvir
    How does this have anything to do with lore o.o?

An ability fueled by Arcane energy is producing Holy Power.

And you're worried by elves moving slightly faster?
    90 Worgen Druid
    I realize now that this is not set in stone, and I am hoping that in the end, Worgen might have something new to their arsenal that can be considered more viable than more speed boosts. I also hope that the Troll CD doesn't get too smashed and make it still a competitive CD or make Beastslaying back to the way it was. There will always be advantages to some boss fights, but the most important thing is that most people aren't going to spend 25 dollars just to get a boost on one boss fight so the difference isn't that big of a deal.
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    The Nelf one is just never going to fly. I know they're trying to make secondary stats closer together for most classes than they have been in the past and haste points are going away, but still, I'd be cranky having some of my itemization just periodically swap between Crit and Haste.
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]