Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

100 Worgen Death Knight
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases two secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which two secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.

^OP: May have to reroll a human.
I really wish they'd have taken a ground up approach and built them to be inline more with the Worgen and Goblin racial abilities that have out of combat utility and flavor as well as a combat stat boost.
90 Orc Shaman
Gotta love how EMFH has been a product of countless discussions and arguing over balancing issues for years, and when blizzard decides to revisit all the racials they do nothing with EMFH.

Its not going anywhere I can tell you that. The fact that they have to revisit the talent when they "decide" what do with pvp trinkets is a joke!!!!
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/03/2014 02:13 PMPosted by Chroniks
Gotta love how EMFH has been a product of countless discussions and arguing over balancing issues for years, and when blizzard decides to revisit all the racials they do nothing with EMFH.

Its not going anywhere I can tell you that. The fact that they have to revisit the talent when they "decide" what do with pvp trinkets is a joke!!!!

yah I foresee this becoming "well it replaces a trinket slot so, we just got rid of the trinket, it's all better now"' lol
New models, awesome racials...... it's good to be a dwarf these days.
100 Tauren Druid
03/03/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Celestalon
Additionally, we do still want there to be some difference and choice between the racial abilities, which does mean that players who want to min/max to that degree may still find more value in another race. We don’t feel the difference, even in a worst case scenario, is going to be large enough that someone who wants to play a Night Elf should feel like they're making the wrong choice, but players who are only interested in what they feel are the best racials for their class or spec will have other race options available.

If you guys are going to make FOTM racials like that, then it's a bit unfair that we have to pay real money to switch because we didn't have the foresight to know that in the future things would be changed a lot.

Shadowmeld breaking combat and bonus stealth modifier for example make nelf a far FAR better choice for a feral, yet that wasn't there when I started this game, and it's kind of BS that switching costs $30 and renders me unable to play with any of the people I've known over the years.

Granted I get that it's not a huge deal for PVE, it is quite a huge deal for PVP, and I don't PVE anymore. (Which by the way, I have to ask if you guys even take considerations for PVP in these racials, namely because the new dwarf racial is effectively a more powerful second cloak of shadows for rogues that will let them escape from literally everything in the game, and e.g. tactics like putting faerie fire plus bleeds on them will be completely useless to prevent them from resetting in arena.)
Edited by Rakeésh on 3/3/2014 2:21 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman
So much for blizzards Active > Passive mentality
15% Berserking is now significantly less then 1% haste equivalent over duration and CD
On top of dot snapshotting nerfs and reduction of CD stacking makes it even more worthless in WoD
Beast Slaying: 20% exp WHAT A JOKE! most useless racial since 1% arcane resist

Every hit/expertise passive is being replaced by something useful except for orcs and trolls.
Orc and Trolls are the most underpowered racials now
Edited by Kornix on 3/3/2014 2:21 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Warrior
03/03/2014 01:44 PMPosted by Coldbrand
Whoah 1% extra mana returned, huge buff! Hey, and 1 in a hundred times where previously they wouldn't crit now they do! Hell yeah! Blood Elves are absolute bottom tier now being joined by undead and alongside Worgen.

Pretty much came here to agree and say that I'm thoroughly disappointed in what they're doing to the Blood Elf racial. It's pretty crappy... Worst racial that I've seen so far, in my opinion. Though I do agree that Horde definitely seems to be getting the short end of the stick. Humans, as usual, seem to be getting very nice racials.
03/03/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Kornix

Good, time to feel the Alliances pain.
90 Undead Rogue
03/03/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Darkulous
03/03/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Kornix

I bet you think austerity is a great solution to financial crisis, too.

03/03/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Covahredro
03/03/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Apothuss
I have an issue. WotF is basically a PvP trinket ability that only effects SOME cc. It was nerfed from a 2 min CD to a 3 min CD.

EMFH is a PvP trinket ability that removes EVERY cc. It remains a 2 min CD.

Some ppl should look up what WotF does before commenting.

WotF allows you to break a fear and then break another CC 30second later by using the pvp trinket and vice versa. Advantage, undead don't have to waste their trinket to break fears and can save their trinket for other CCs.

EMFH shares a cooldown with the pvp trinket. The only advantage is equipping another dps trinket, which is useless in pve. Also undead have TotG, so whatever advantage 2 dps trinkets gives isn't much and 2 dps trinkets dmg isn't going to do much sitting in a fear.

Breaking free in PvE isn't useless. How can you even try and propose that having the freedom trinket without one equipped is useless in PvE content? Those 6 second stuns are huge loss of DPS, especially if you just popped an ability, fears that cause wipes when you run into links, sleep etc. whatever.
Edited by Coldbrand on 3/3/2014 2:25 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
03/03/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Proximal
So the logic of EMFH remaining unchanged but Will of the Forsaken getting bumped to 3 minutes? Lesser ability being nerfed why? Same with stun duration of orcs?

Because you can use WOTF immediately after or before using the PvP trinket.

You get two CC breaks per fight, while EMFH replaces the trinket instead of supplementing it.

If they "nerf" EMFH they should just take it out. It either stays as it is or gets replaced IMO. Making it a 3 minute cooldown but still sharing CD with the pvp trinket will make it absolutely worthless.
100 Tauren Druid
03/03/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Darkulous

That kind of attitude is more likely to make people just get bored with the game and quit playing.
100 Tauren Druid
03/03/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Coldbrand

Probably because it is. Austerity was the biggest motivator that pushed Germany out of its economic rut. The rest of Europe has failed to do that, which contributes to what is currently termed the "eurozone crisis."
Edited by Rakeésh on 3/3/2014 2:26 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
03/03/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Rotrude
03/03/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Proximal
So the logic of EMFH remaining unchanged but Will of the Forsaken getting bumped to 3 minutes? Lesser ability being nerfed why? Same with stun duration of orcs?

You get two CC breaks per fight, while EMFH replaces the trinket instead of supplementing it.

If they "nerf" EMFH they should just take it out. It either stays as it is or gets replaced IMO. Making it a 3 minute cooldown but still sharing CD with the pvp trinket will make it absolutely worthless.

SHARES A 30 SECOND COOLDOWN WITH SIMILAR EFFECTS

03/03/2014 02:25 PMPosted by Rakeésh
03/03/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Coldbrand

Probably because it is. Austerity was the biggest motivator that pushed Germany out of its economic rut. The rest of Europe has failed to do that, which contributes to what is currently termed the "eurozone crisis."

benderhahahaohwaityou'reserious.jpeg

Then again, the Alliance would love neoliberalism.
Edited by Coldbrand on 3/3/2014 2:28 PM PST
100 Tauren Druid
03/03/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Coldbrand

Well, history IS on my side on this one.
100 Orc Shaman
horde characters nerf (Orc, Troll, Undead( the best classes for pvp)), and alliance characters buff.

Orc
Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).

And also i read this about the orc racial.
Regarding Berserking and Blood Fury, also remember that we’re reducing the amount of cooldown stacking in the game, and more importantly, removing DoT snapshotting. That is effectively a significant nerf to Berserking and Blood Fury, since you'll no longer be able to extend their benefit long past their intended duration. We expect that these changes will bring Trolls and Orcs in line with other races (but not underpowered, either).

Troll
Berserking now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).

Undead
Will of the Forsaken’s cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).

really blizzard, that's not cool, many horde players will see that like, hey, we dont like horde, for that take this nerf, and alliance, we love you take this buff <3
come on, in the orc if that is the excuse, you should change the human racial some like this

Human
Every Man for Himself cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
and if the character in pvp use 2 trinkets with the same pvp power or similar, any of them will decreast to 50% of it total pvp power.

guys you can nerf the orcs and buff the humans is not good.

have good day and thanks for read my comment
90 Human Warlock
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What part of my post didn't you understand? I guess I shoulda said "30 seconds later" instead of immediately. I should have remembered that people will take everything said literally and immediately flame based on one word.

I fear you, you WOTF out of it. If somebody polies you 30 seconds later, you still have a break.

I get feared, I have to use EMFH (or eat it). If I get poly'd later, I have to wait it out (or use Unbound Will).

It's not hard to understand. WOTF is a great racial. Horde tears are hilarious.

Human
Every Man for Himself cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
and if the character in pvp use 2 trinkets with the same pvp power or similar, any of them will decreast to 50% of it total pvp power.

So EMFH is effectively worthless.

Great "balancing". Why don't you leave that job to Blizzard.
Edited by Rotrude on 3/3/2014 2:31 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
03/03/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Rakeésh
03/03/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Coldbrand

Well, history IS on my side on this one.

Hahaha no it isn't at all. That's why the EU is still in terrible crisis and it's basically done nothing but create even MORE severe income disparity while killing homeless, elderly etc.. Look, I'm just gonna outright say I'll stop replying to this conversaiton so in the event Blizzard is listening to this thread they don't overlook my criticism of the potential poor design choices.

What part of my post didn't you understand? I guess I shoulda said "30 seconds later" instead of immediately. I should have remembered that people will take everything said literally and immediately flame based on one word.

I fear you, you WOTF out of it. If somebody polies you 30 seconds later, you still have a break.

I get feared, I have to use EMFH (or eat it). If I get poly'd later, I have to wait it out (or use Unbound Will).

It's not hard to understand. WOTF is a great racial. Horde tears are hilarious.

Human

So EMFH is effectively worthless.

Great "balancing". Why don't you leave that job to Blizzard.

Why would you say I didn't comprehend your statement if you even acknowledge you were being misleading? Sorry I rained on your false claims parade which was being used to persuade people into buying into your argument. Not to mention WoTF covers a far smaller spectrum of loss of control effects.
Edited by Coldbrand on 3/3/2014 2:33 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]