Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

90 Blood Elf Priest
Draenei
  • Heroic Presence has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
  • Gift of the Naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).

Could I get a clarification on the language? Does the stat increase given by Heroic Presence increase by 1% increasing to 100%? (WoD cap being 100) or is a flat amount that is increased?
90 Draenei Paladin
I like the nerf to trolls for balance's sake. It'll be good to see some more variety in their dps players again, rather than half of the raid being trolls, as was often the case.
The day and night cycle for Night Elves will be interesting and fun, I believe. People are saying "minmax" but Blizzard stated that all secondary stats will become of about equal value next expac, especially now that we're losing reforging, so I see this being a quirky, fun racial.
Gnome love is always a good thing!
And I like the sound of my new Draenei racial - extra primary stats are certainly not a bad thing! <3

Keep up the good work, Blizz! These racials look great.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/03/2014 10:36 AMPosted by Indulgences
03/03/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Hydroponics
Iirc

wat?

if i remember correctly.
100 Night Elf Druid
i picked my character in part based on the racial abillity it has--now that wholesale changes are being made, will I be given a one-time free option to race change?

someone had to say it... :)
100 Tauren Druid
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
TaurenBrawn is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing done by 2%.Endurance now increases Stamina by an amount scaling with character level, instead of increasing Base Health by 5%.

Ye-haw beats the snot out of war stomp. The amount by level scaling sounds nice. I'm going to swap to bear for WoD. :)

Night ElfQuickness now also increases movement speed by 2% in addition to increasing Dodge chance by 2%.Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike Chance by 1% during the day.

this is... kind of cool. The crit/haste seems a little unreliable to count on in raids. A cool byplay would be some kind of interaction with boomkins eclipse rotation.

/blinks what there are other classes for night elves and tauren... who knew :P

Edit: fixed reading comprehension...
Edited by Lonebull on 3/3/2014 10:40 AM PST
95 Night Elf Rogue
Touch of Elune will be sweet, and if a min-maxer gets flustered over 1% crit vs. haste.... you shouldn't have been playing a night elf at the beginning of the expansion anyway if you truly are a min-maxer.

These race changes are a step in the right direction. The slight differences still give the races small differentiation.
100 Dwarf Hunter
03/03/2014 10:16 AMPosted by Dandeleon
Big nurf for trolls =/

Which is the point. Same with orcs.

For any classes that could take advantage of more than just Berserking/Blood Fury, trolls and orcs are, on live, head-and-shoulders above other races. Even for classes that can just use Berserking, trolls are extremely powerful.

03/03/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Mabusgaming
to have a racial that is useless at max level compared to other races seems idk

Pandaren also have leveling-only racial. Consider it your equivalent of that racial, human Diplomacy, and other races' profession increases. They provide a minor benefit, but once you're 'completed' what the benefit is given to, they're not useful at all.
100 Night Elf Hunter
I can't understand the point of touch of elune... what if someone can only play at night or only at day?
90 Tauren Death Knight
I really don't see most of these so called "horde nerfs" as bad just redesigned besides, blood elfs and tauren got some love for once.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/03/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Elusory
i picked my character in part based on the racial abillity it has--now that wholesale changes are being made, will I be given a one-time free option to race change?

someone had to say it... :)
That is what I did for my troll healer.

Good thing bezerking is still the best way to go for casters horde side.

Picked my tauren warrior for looks and I am a tank and then I find out it will be the best race to be a tank as? I am happy.
6 Gnome Warrior
"Alliance can't PvP, better buff all their racials and nerf all the Horde racials!"

No biggie. Alliance needs to handicap.
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

So it provides no resource generation for hunters, warriors, and rogues? That doesn't seem fair.

Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike Chance by 1% during the day.

This is interesting, but as others have pointed out, could lead to a bunch of potential problems for min/maxers. I would seriously consider changing this passive.

Also, EMfH, if it stays as is, will mean that humans will always be the dominant alliance race in pvp. It should be more limited in what it can do, maybe having it mimic a DK's Desecrated Ground.
90 Draenei Priest
03/03/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Mitch
IIRC = If I remember correctly.

03/03/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Hydroponics
if i remember correctly.

ISHGT. FML.

("I should have guessed that." And you know the other one)
90 Human Death Knight
So it provides no resource generation for hunters, warriors, and rogues? That doesn't seem fair.

It still does. Anything else is remaining unchanged.
91 Tauren Warrior
What's the difference between health scaling by level and base health? Does it mean item level or am I misunderstanding
100 Dwarf Hunter
03/03/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Karaahl

"Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged." includes the resource generation for classes that were not mentioned.

03/03/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Karaahl
This is interesting, but as others have pointed out, could lead to a bunch of potential problems for min/maxers.

Haste breakpoints are going away -- they'll, assuming things stay as planned, have a chance to gain an extra tick proportional to the amount of haste you have (i.e., if you're 50% to the old breakpoint, you'll instead have a 50% chance to get an extra tick). With that gone, you'll just be slightly more or less obsessively optimal at different times of the day -- if that doesn't work, you can (for most classes) choose either a gnome or worgen to get a specific bonus.
100 Draenei Shaman
03/03/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Executeness
"Alliance can't PvP, better buff all their racials and nerf all the Horde racials!"

No biggie. Alliance needs to handicap.

What are you talking about? Arcane torrent, warstomp, and will of the forsaken are all better than any non-human alliance race. Also if you think like a 1% stat buff for a few alliance racials are what is making you lose in PvP, then you shouldn't really be pvping. Geez.
90 Draenei Priest
Rejoicing for the previously unloved races due to buffs. (Draenei, Tauren, B.Elves)

Crying from the FOtM races thanks to a well-overdue nerf (Orcs/Trolls).

Seems about right.
100 Orc Warrior
Orcs and Undead have been mauled quite savagely, they have not compensated the loss of axe specialization with anything. (I know exp is disappearing in WoD). Maybe 1% crit to using axes?

;(

Tauren has been buffed considerably, the combo will be one of the top racials now.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]