Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

This is nothing but a money grab by blizz.... these changes dont balance anything.... youve just changed the races that are dominant... my god there are going to be 100's of thousands of race changes because of this, making blizz how much????
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/20/2014 09:19 PMPosted by Vakker
Can the horde racials see some love. Buff WotF or something to act just as the human's racial, Every Man For Himself. Either nerf Every Man for Himself or balance it out. The racial is op allowing for free trinket space.

Isn't one of the Warlock tier 4 talents both a self-dispel and a free pvp trinket, though?
100 Orc Warrior
Bashiok
Community Manager

Orc

Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).

This makes me sad. Orcs and axes just go together, why take it away?! Also, that additional stun resistance is something that helped save our necks in both pvp and pve, our 15% should've been left alone. (Or, what was your reasoning behind it?)
100 Draenei Shaman
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike Chance by 1% during the day.

Tell me, just how dumb is this?

So basically, you are telling us when to play a certain class of Nelf. To get the benefit my Nelf mage needs, I simply have to play her at night. And to get the benefit my Nelf Warrior needs, I have to play her during the day.

So, Im pretty much screwed out of playing a toon because, I don't know, I work during the day? And my timezone is NOT on Blizzards.

Better reassess that one there!

And tell me, why do the other racials that increase crit have a 2% increase while Nelf have a 1%? Or let me guess, its because a Nelf is Alliance while the other 2 are Horde. Nice favoritism.
Edited by Shampon on 3/25/2014 11:15 AM PDT
100 Draenei Death Knight
Nice! Glad to get some real info on this topic!
90 Tauren Priest
KA
03/25/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Shampon
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike Chance by 1% during the day.

Tell me, just how dumb is this?

So basically, you are telling us when to play a certain class of Nelf. To get the benefit my Nelf mage needs, I simply have to play her at night. And to get the benefit my Nelf Warrior needs, I have to play her during the day.

So, Im pretty much screwed out of playing a toon because, I don't know, I work during the day? And my timezone is NOT on Blizzards.

Better reassess that one there!

And tell me, why do the other racials that increase crit have a 2% increase while Nelf have a 1%? Or let me guess, its because a Nelf is Alliance while the other 2 are Horde. Nice favoritism.

So you would not play a character you enjoy just because of 1% crit/haste? Really?
100 Worgen Warrior

The 2% increases are to crit damage, meaning they only matter when you land a crit, whereas the 1% increases are to crit chance. If you do the math, the 1% crit chance is superior to the 2% crit damage unless you manage to get your crit chance above 50%.

Here's an example, assuming a 30% crit rating for a character with 1000 base attack power, and all other variables staying the same:

New Dwarf / Tauren racial:
1000*(1.30*1.02) = 1306 effective attack power.

Existing Worgen / New Blood Elf racial:
1000*(1.30+0.01) = 1310 effective attack power.
Edited by Feronar on 3/25/2014 10:51 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/24/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Brockthaw
This is nothing but a money grab by blizz.... these changes dont balance anything.... youve just changed the races that are dominant... my god there are going to be 100's of thousands of race changes because of this, making blizz how much????

A lot.
90 Gnome Priest
03/25/2014 10:35 PMPosted by Feronar

The 2% increases are to crit damage, meaning they only matter when you land a crit, whereas the 1% increases are to crit chance. If you do the math, the 1% crit chance is superior to the 2% crit damage unless you manage to get your crit chance above 50%.

Here's an example, assuming a 30% crit rating for a character with 1000 base attack power, and all other variables staying the same:

New Dwarf / Tauren racial:
1000*(1.30*1.02) = 1306 effective attack power.

Existing Worgen / New Blood Elf racial:
1000*(1.30+0.01) = 1310 effective attack power.

That's also going to depend on whether crit effect remains at 2x baseline in PvE. If it doesn't, the issue is moot: gnome / goblin master race, because 1% haste = 1% damage whereas 1% crit would become 0.5% damage.
100 Worgen Warrior
03/26/2014 07:50 AMPosted by Kollanie
That's also going to depend on whether crit effect remains at 2x baseline in PvE. If it doesn't, the issue is moot: gnome / goblin master race, because 1% haste = 1% damage whereas 1% crit would become 0.5% damage.
It will remain at 2x in PvE. It's just going down to 1.5x for PvP. The devs said so on Twitter.
90 Gnome Priest
03/26/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Feronar
03/26/2014 07:50 AMPosted by Kollanie
It will remain at 2x in PvE. It's just going down to 1.5x for PvP. The devs said so on Twitter.

I knew about the PvP change; I just hadn't heard that any decision had been reached for PvE yet.
100 Orc Rogue
so why are orcs getting the shaft, nerfing our racials and having lowest of all races, only 3 compared to the gnomes who now have 5?
100 Draenei Paladin
03/26/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Dljman
Just remove them completely. They are highly suspect to begin with.

What was the original intent of having them?

Flavor.
Gnome rocks
100 Dwarf Shaman
Proud to be a Dwarf #live
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/27/2014 03:57 AMPosted by Adelphie
03/26/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Dljman
Just remove them completely. They are highly suspect to begin with.

What was the original intent of having them?

Flavor.

Except what flavor? Every class has had their racials changed so much since release, they have nothing to do with the race any more. All they do now is encourage those who min/max to re-roll or race change.
100 Gnome Warrior
Nice to see the Alliance are getting some love finally, considering we've had weaker racials for like 9 years now.
90 Night Elf Druid
NElf one is by far... one of the dumbest things they've ever thought about implementing.

Luckily I raid at night and don't see Crit becoming a main stat for Resto any time soon.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]