Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.

No offense, Blizzard, but what does this bonus actually contribute?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Dwarf racials seem op and Bloodelves got kind of screwed.
90 Undead Warlock
So basically Undead got crapped on again? Humans have the trinket to get out of everything and now we get ours (which is worse) increased cooldown?
90 Undead Priest
So Undead and Troll are seeing the biggest nerfs, while the most op race in-game are getting buffed..? There's a reason the majority of Alliance play human you know.. Infact the majority of the WoW player base currently play human and it's not for aesthetic reasons..

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276315/distribution-of-world-of-warcraft-characters-by-race/

There's a 10% gap between humans & trolls because of racials alone, for anyone that wants to deny this *fact*. WoD is less then 4-5 months away Blizzard are you even listening? ( Recent update- Undead can now breath under water indefinitely) o joy.. >_>
90 Blood Elf Paladin
EMfH needs to go. It's impossible to balance. Also, getting to choose two secondary stat bonuses does seem pretty sweet, on TOP of EMfH.

The rest seem pretty balanced, tbh. You can have WotF with a trinket, which is pretty powerful.
Edited by Carmageddon on 6/14/2014 12:32 PM PDT
23 Orc Monk
alliance racials seem op?..in the top 100 of 3v3 bracket, there is 16 alliance..maybe they want this to change.
and having the top pvpers swap back..to alliance would only balance things more..and make them more money..Don't forget most top pvpers were alliance to start with
90 Goblin Rogue
Orcs are getting screwed for racial's, i'm not happy blizzard. not happy. So now that the axe spec is gone does blizzard plan to fill in a new racial, something useful maybe. would be nice ya....

and as a rouge player it seems I would be forced to play as a blood elf or goblin for an increase in dps.

not happy
90 Draenei Hunter
06/13/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Adelphie
06/13/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Chandrassa
Sooo, % based racials for most races, but level based for Draenei? You realize this means, properly balanced, Draenei will have the worst racial for raiding and one of the best for leveling?

It's probably equivalent to the panda racial so it'd be 300 intellect at level 90.
1% crit=600 crit rating
1% haste=425 haste rating

Whether the draenei racial is better or not depends on the stat weights for your class.

Whoa, I had a big stupid. For some reason I was thinking 1% more % to crit rather than 1% more chance to crit.... not sure why... it's never been that way before, so why, brain, why??

Umm, though it is worth pointing out that mucho people race changed to Panda because their racial was OP... soo good luck balancing.

Really though, I think they need to remove stat racials from the game. They've changed them too much now, so the whole point of them--making the races feel distinct and making people feel like their choice of race matters--is lost... unless Blizzard is trying to profiteer off of a Star-Bellied Sneetch setup. I'm agnostic about keeping the flavor buttons: Thunderstomp, Cannibalize, (weakened) Arcane Torrent, Diplomacy, Stoneform, Escape Artist...
Edited by Chandrassa on 6/17/2014 6:33 AM PDT
90 Troll Hunter
It seems like they gutted Horde racials and they buffed quite a bit Alliance racials. Good for them, I guess.

I can't stop thinking racials are silly, and they should not affect your performance at all. Maybe in World PVE-PVP, but not in instanced PVE-PVP. It's weird to face, most of the time, all-human groups in BGs, when we have a varied team composed of different races. It seems that humans are speciests, much like Garrosh.

IDK, whenever I see a dwarf I feel happy, or one of those nearly mythical beings, the female dwarf. Maybe with these buffs we will get to see more of them, but they are also buffing humans.

Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.

I consider this a waste, like the profession racials and Pandaren Inner Peace. I'd rather see a "deals +1% damage against Beast and Enraged enemies (does not stack, less effective against Bosses)". It could see more use than the original without being insanely good when facing Beasts.
90 Troll Hunter
Every man for himself

Increases damage and healing done by 1% and reduce damage taken by 1%

There did your job for you
90 Human Death Knight
03/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Backstabs
Id like to see combat racials removed and focus more on cosmetic/fun racials so everyone can play what they want to play instead of what offers the best minmaxing

This. I'd like to see exactly this to happen. You don't know how hard it is for me to pick a race while caring heavily about the animations and being tempted by racials...
Edited by Volkrymm on 6/18/2014 3:31 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
its obviously that blizzard doesn't care about balancing races. anyone can see that humans make up the largest percentage alliance side on pvp servers.. hmmm i wonder why.... maybe because you gave them an op racial trinket allowing humans to have extra damage trinkets instead. lol i mean come on.. they definitely aren't choosing humans for the looks. As if this advantage wasnt unfair enough.. now you nerf the only other comparable racial trinket in the the game WofF. nice one blizzard. I would love an explanation as to why you believe the human trinket isnt an unfair advantage... please.. entertain me. I know pvp power has been nerfed but any decent pvp'er can tell the difference that extra 2.5k pvp power will make.. not to mention the burst potential from an extra on use / proc trinket. so please, you owe your players an explanation.
90 Undead Warlock
Yeah really stupid.

get rid of all the racial "trinket" abilities please

Give us some more stuff like Cannibalize!

Unique and doesn't change the game THAT much.

Night Elf
  • Quickness now also increases movement speed by 2% in addition to increasing Dodge chance by 2%.
  • Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike Chance by 1% during the day.

[/quote]

Out of curiosity...

Shouldn't the night elves have their stat increases at night, given that they're... night... elves?
90 Orc Death Knight
06/15/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Brucelerøy
alliance racials seem op?..in the top 100 of 3v3 bracket, there is 16 alliance..maybe they want this to change.
and having the top pvpers swap back..to alliance would only balance things more..and make them more money..Don't forget most top pvpers were alliance to start with

You're ignorant.

NA is Horde dominated.

EU is Alliance dominated.

China is balanced but swings Alliance.

In all regions three races dominate- Orc, Undead, and Human.

Yet, the two best healers are R Druid/Sham, so you see a lot of Nelf/Dwarf/Tauren picking up those classes.

Orc and Undead getting knocked down a notch but Humans getting a buff is making the game even more in favor of Human dominance.

Check arenamate.com for stats, or just look at the EU or China wow websites.
Edited by Yagarr on 6/20/2014 1:11 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
(Like this post if you agree)

Remove all racials (or all combat-related ones) and give all races a "Every [insert race here] for Him/Herself".
90 Troll Druid
What about worgen, i really want to play worgen but the radials from night elf are just so OP
Blood Elf
Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

I like the 1%crit chance but I think belfs need more to be balanced. The only other thing they have is a crappy silence on a 2 minute timer that barely replenishes a variable resource. When used offensively Arcane Torrent barely allows an extra attack and does little more than increase the DR of silences.

Humans on the other hand get EMFH and buff to two secondary stats.... really?

So far Belfs look like they're going to end up with the weakest racials.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think Arcane Torrent should blow up the whole world when it is used. That would include one shotting every single raid boss on whatever world the player is on and immediately depositing all worthwhile loot into the player's bank.

I also think that these 1% stat increases are so pointless that they shouldn't exist. Blizz should just make racials cosmetic skills that visually differentiate each species.
Edited by Sayura on 6/21/2014 12:40 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
I didn't pick my character for the racial anyway. Sucks for everyone that did.
Edited by Tsukinousagi on 6/21/2014 1:25 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]