Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

90 Troll Death Knight
Can we just remove racials entirely and play any damn race we want without feeling guilty? Racials were a good idea for then but as wow grows, it becomes more balanced. Why not make all the races balanced just like how the genders are balanced. It makes the same sense.
90 Orc Death Knight
master tanking race is Nelf. +2% doge (were doge cant be found on items anymore) and shadowmeld, when used right can interupt spellcasting, force a taunt or reset encounter. oh yeah new +crit/haste. tauren:. +stam is ok and .5ppl aoe 1 sec stun ok. (critdmg/healing wont matter as a tank as vengence will no longer exist and death strike cant crit heal).

Tanks for Horde: Tauren Tanks for alliance: Nelf, Dwarf
Edited by Legiõn on 6/22/2014 11:12 AM PDT
1 Pandaren Monk
It appears that all these changes do is kick the can. They don't balance things so much as they just shift things.

The stated goal, to make racials less of an issue, doesn't seem to be happening. Some races are still better than others especially for certain classes. In some cases still notably so. The only thing this appears to do is alter around what race/class combos are strong not eliminate it. I guess it's a good way to drum up racial changes from people looking for an edge, if they picked a race since it was the fotm best but now it's 3rd best they'll pay to change, but aside from that financial advantage to blizz I'm not sure this achieves what it's suppose to be doing.

If you want balance, make stats equal among races and make Racials like Talents, there's active, passive, and fluff, everyone shares the same choices to pick from, everyone gets 1 of each type, at most they have different names depending on the race picking them but the in game effect is the same, and you can pick for your character which of each type you want.
Edited by Pandkul on 6/22/2014 5:23 PM PDT
58 Worgen Death Knight
Simply based on the (like to dislike) ratio - Rotrude- obviously has more than one account, favors alliance /humans particularly, and is disliking every comment related to just how OP the human racial EMFH is, in hopes that blizzard will retain the status quo so she/he can continue to reign supreme in pvp.. As I once posted a chart on the true stats of overall race population, anyone with a functioning brain can google it themselves. The majority of the wow population from 1-90 is currently HUMAN!! and it's sure not due to aesthetics.. Incb4 she down votes this post twice in opposition.. LOL
92 Undead Warlock
Does this mean Turn stun is gone?
horde is getting nerfed-!@#$ on / alliance getting super buffed to unbalanced.... if these changes are to go into the game at WoD without any changes. i or anyone can predict an boatload of people switching over to alliance from horde and alliance outshining horde, more than a smidge as well. as you can see most people posting positive on this forum are alliance... but meh, they will probably get changed... i just hope its before raids come out and blizzard uses the " it affects progression" excuse. blizz said they were trying to make racials not matter as much and yet they go in and post the "space cow" "heroic presence" change? GG
Edited by Glitchslap on 6/24/2014 4:44 PM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
The reason for this is quite obvious...

They saw from the Bike contest how many more Horde players/supporters there were than Alliance players/supporters.

Nerfing/changing all good Horde racials while buffing/not changing any Alliance racials will pretty much ensure that come WoD, Alliance will get a !@#$ ton of incoming players, especially from a PvP standpoint.

Not to mention they will get a %^-* ton of revenue from the sheer amount of faction changes alone.

GG Blizz, way to !@#$ Horde over. Hopefully you come to your senses and fix this.

Best fix: Removing racials completely so that people will just play what they want to play, as stated many times over.
Edited by Mercadis on 6/26/2014 1:35 AM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
06/26/2014 01:32 AMPosted by Mercadis
The reason for this is quite obvious...

They saw from the Bike contest how many more Horde players/supporters there were than Alliance players/supporters.

Not sure if serious.
100 Pandaren Rogue
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Ultimately, our goal is to achieve much better parity among races.

Okay! :)

Stoneform now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, and bleed effects, along with reducing damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. It remains unusable while CC'd.

Blizz...

The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases two secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which two secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.

Stop...

Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.

Wut...

Will of the Forsaken’s cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).

Blizz, plz stop...
90 Undead Rogue
06/26/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Adelphie
Not sure if serious.

Suppose 'reason' was the wrong word to use. Having said that, yes I am serious. Horde racials nerfed across the board, while Alliance racials are buffed. There is going to be a MASSIVE shift in population, I for one, even having always been horde...would change to Alliance for the benefit alone, those will make a huge difference from a pvp perspective.
Edited by Mercadis on 6/26/2014 1:41 AM PDT
100 Troll Warlock
LCD
The passives are fine, but Alliance will still lag behind due to not having any real burst racial like Blood Fury or Berserking, which is most of the reason Horde are currently dominating raiding.

What they should do is make EMFH passive among ALL races and give Humans a +10% Crit on-use racial or something.
90 Undead Hunter
06/13/2014 09:14 AMPosted by Bellexia
Dwarf racials seem op and Bloodelves got kind of screwed.

Blood elves, seem to be getting more love then undead, or orc.
100 Troll Warlock
LCD
06/26/2014 02:27 AMPosted by Haunter
Main problem with berserking is that haste in itself is a multiplicative stat. More haste you have on your gear, more haste procs you have, the inherently more valuable haste itself becomes. Even without snapshotting that will hold true if gear scales as insanely as it did in MoP.

True dat. On top of Blood Lust and passive haste, Berserking gives like 30-40% haste or something dumb like that.

The crit racial was just something I pulled out of my butt.

It just seems silly for Blizzard to go to all this effort to balance racials and not even address WHY the Horde is so much better than the Alliance. Like nobody gives a damn about 1% of a secondary, that's nothing.
Edited by Awkward on 6/26/2014 2:30 AM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
06/26/2014 01:39 AMPosted by Mercadis
Suppose 'reason' was the wrong word to use. Having said that, yes I am serious. Horde racials nerfed across the board, while Alliance racials are buffed. There is going to be a MASSIVE shift in population, I for one, even having always been horde...would change to Alliance for the benefit alone, those will make a huge difference from a pvp perspective.

Some horde races were nerfed because their racials were overpowered.
Some alliance races were buffed because their racials were underpowered.
90 Undead Rogue
06/26/2014 02:34 AMPosted by Adelphie
Some horde races were nerfed because their racials were overpowered.
Some alliance races were buffed because their racials were underpowered.

Alliance racials were never underpowered, just under appreciated.

Dwarf racial was imho always one of the best racials in the game, especially for a rogue. Stone skin+shadow cloak?...fkn amazing. Now it's going to be even better than it already was. (If players had the ability to choose their racials from a list upon creation, this is the racial I would choose hands down.)

Gnome Escape Artist has always been good, now it's getting a 30s cd reduction. On top of that they're getting a 5% increase to their main resource pool regardless of class? wtf? Gnome Rogue population boom inc.

Human racial needs no explanation as to why they have always been the best in game in regard to pvp, why humans needed another awesome racial on top of it is beyond me.

Night elf racials have always been awesome, the ability to drop combat like that as any class is fkn insane and when used how it is supposed to be used (which many people don't) is easily better than many horde racials innately. On top of that they are not only getting a 2% increase to dodge and movement speed AND a 1% increase to haste/crit during night/day respectively.

-----

Horde racials on the other hand...-5% from the stun reduction for the orcs (what?, why?)

WotF +1m CD (wtf? absolutely ridiculous, didn't even need a nerf atall, and it shares a 30s cd overlap with the trinket already. If anything WotF should just be made to be exactly what EMFH is for humans.

Again..I am speaking from a PvP standpoint. You can at least admit that from the looks of things (in regard to pvp alone) Alliance racials will completely dominate Horde racials.
Edited by Mercadis on 6/26/2014 11:40 AM PDT
1 Human Hunter
Are these the final for WoD? If so, I'm really disappointed. I like the Alliance buffs, but the Horde nerfs, minus Undead, seem over the top to me.

Orc's Command went from 5% to 2%, and now 2% to 1%... it's hardly noticeable now at 2%, at 1% it's pretty much worthless. Hardiness nerfed too? Pretty upsetting!

Also, could Troll maybe get a little love? Almost every race is getting a secondary stat gain boost, while Troll is left in the dust. Beast Slaying's nerf makes it useless once you hit level cap.

Please consider retweaking a few of the Horde races, I can understand if things like Command and Beast Slaying were seen as overpowered by Blizzard, but Troll and Orc need a bit of love too. Maybe a 1% buff to secondary stats, like so many of the other races, perhaps?
90 Troll Shaman
Sooo... do humans still get a racial Trinket?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Really don't like this Blizzard... I enjoy playing my blood elf because it makes me happy to see my character as this. I don't like feeling like I am pidgeon holed into certain races for the absolute min maxing experience, where you'll get only like a 1-3% increase... because of these racials so far, my guild decided to go alliance, solely because they have better racials for PvE.... Come on guys... this is kind of stupid... just make the racials cosmetic... or something that wouldn't cause people this much of a draw to race change and line your pockets more.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]