Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

90 Night Elf Druid
Horde racials needed a nerf...big time. Take a look at the top raiding guilds? Most of went to horde cause of the dam racials. Only top guild that is still alliance is Midwinter? This was very much needed.
90 Worgen Mage
03/03/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Ianmccloud
So what I am understanding from this is that instead of making each race unique and special according to their aspects, you are just going to give them all the same racials. I don't really care for the number racials as much as I might make it seem in this post, but I would very much rather have more unique traits rather than sharing crit strike with a Blood Elf, or a polar Night Elf (I use polar in this sense that the racial makes it change). On similar racials, I feel that Gnomes and Goblins are now very similar except instead of throwing a rocket, Gnomes can have Escape Artist. I also feel that Night Elves are now basically better Worgen. They get a passive movement increase and a stealth, whereas a Worgen gets a speed boost as their instant. The only thing that Worgen have over Night Elves is that we have a 1% damage reduction from shadow and Nature, while Night elves only have nature while night elves get Shadowmeld and dodge. I would think that an animalistic humanoid that is based around a quick footed animal would be passively faster than other races but maybe I am missing something in the lore. I am very attentive to the race I play the most and seeing that we have little to no customization, the lack of lore and continuation of what little there was, and now other races now having the same racials doesn't really scream "Viciousness" does it.

100% agree. No reason really not to just roll a Dwarf next expansion if you just want the racial of 2% crit over 1% crit chance
90 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Keriis
Horde racials needed a nerf...big time. Take a look at the top raiding guilds? Most of went to horde cause of the dam racials. Only top guild that is still alliance is Midwinter? This was very much needed.

Aren't there only like 10 top guilds?
90 Undead Rogue
Hey guys, let's give a race a glyphed Cloak of Shadows for EVERYTHING, that seems fair right?
90 Blood Elf Priest

Troll
  • Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.

• Boooooo another useless leveling racial. And I thought the pandaren one was bad. The people that dislike leveling will probably resort to RAF or the boost to 90. I won't be buying the boost and I do not want these stupid exp racials. Give us something fun. And at least sort of useful after the grind to 100.

Here I can think of a couple right now for you to replace the pandaren and this terrible troll one.

• Meditation(Pandaren): Ponder your place in the world for a moment(30sec)- Increased health and mana regen for the duration. Can't move or cast abilities while channeling. Channel is broken if damaged. (at least 1) min CD.
  • Could make it not usable in PvP
  • Like a Potion of Focus only scale to level
  • Make it enough to be useful but not OP(duh)

• Hmm trolls are a bit trickier without making it OP. A headbutt for females and skewer for the males came to mind but they really don't need a stun. Also would be annoying like the pandaren one. HHmmmm indeed. Stubborn pops up. Trolls really dislike shoes even though they do not have hooves. +% movement speed for losing the shoes? Not bad. Let's go with...

• Voodoo Shuffle V2.0(Troll): Passive boost remains the same. On use: You fell over while flippin' out. 10 yards to the left or right randomly. (30sec-2 min CD?).

• You know what I'd probably rather have the Stubborn +% movement speed myself. Flippin to the left or right sounds like too much when used on a troll mage with blinks.

• Stubborn(Troll):You don't like shoes and they don't like you. GOOD. +%movement speed for ditching those ugly shoes. You didn't want them anyway.
  • 90 Night Elf Druid
    03/03/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Flourence
    Aren't there only like 10 top guilds?

Take a look at Method, they transferred to horde and even said they were doing this cause of the racials.
    90 Undead Rogue
    Hey, it turns out in the most popular game in the world short of League of Legends there would be people at the very top who take the game so seriously they're willing to have everyone involved spend 25$ to get an edge so that there can be no stone unturned. Clearly that means millions of people should have their enjoyment diminished rather than making the alternative more attractive like an actual progressive, non-lazy designer might put in the effort to accomplish.
    20 Human Priest
    03/03/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Celestalon
    Unlike the other racials that provide some type of CC-dispel, Every Man For Himself actually replaces a CC-Break PvP trinket; it isn’t in addition to it. So what you gain with EMFH is actually a trinket slot. Thus its power is very much related to what trinkets there are available. We're still determining our plan for PvP trinket itemization, so haven't decided on what to do with EMFH quite yet. It’s quite strong, and we agree that it looks unfair from those patch notes; we just haven't decided what to do with it yet. So, don't take that list as a statement that EMFH won't be changing somehow.

Give humans a short speed boost with resistance for EMFH, that would work for PvE and PvP. EMFH sounds like running away anyways.
    Edited by Ocd on 3/3/2014 11:48 AM PST
    90 Human Warrior
    Give humans a short fast speed boost with resistance for EMFH, that would work for PvE and PvP. EMFH sounds like running away anyways.

I don't even want anything in return for EMFH other then to have every race have it. Look at SWTOR, every class / race has a PVP trinket on a 1.5 min cooldown and (gameplay issues aside) worked just fine for PVP.

Since we are in alpha / beta, can we at least give it a try where all races have EMFH ? As long as it is in the game as is, Humans will be the go to for PVP on alliance.
    Love the changes.

Particularly interested in the dwarf racials!
    I definitely like the changes to the Dwarven racials. Might of the Mountain sounds awesome.
    90 Human Mage
    03/03/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Keriis
    Take a look at Method, they transferred to horde and even said they were doing this cause of the racials.

Well yeah, but in terms of racials mattering its less than 100 guilds that have to worry about it.. Everyone else just uses racials as a crutch because they think they're better than they are. Racials are pretty insignificant in the overall scheme of things.. Most people pick humans for diplomacy, not because of the popular opinion of EMFH.
    90 Undead Warlock
    03/03/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Asryi
    Give humans a short fast speed boost with resistance for EMFH, that would work for PvE and PvP. EMFH sounds like running away anyways.

I don't even want anything in return for EMFH other then to have every race have it. Look at SWTOR, every class / race has a PVP trinket on a 1.5 min cooldown and (gameplay issues aside) worked just fine for PVP.

Since we are in alpha / beta, can we at least give it a try where all races have EMFH ? As long as it is in the game as is, Humans will be the go to for PVP on alliance.

Seriously, how long does it take to for the pvp designer to realize that every every race needs a baseline trinket move?
    90 Human Hunter
    If a racial wasn't mentioned, is it staying in?

Just curious. Haven't seen anything on the orc pet damage racial or the human rep gain racial, for instance. Or the profession racials.
    Game Designer
    Regarding Berserking and Blood Fury, also remember that we’re reducing the amount of cooldown stacking in the game, and more importantly, removing DoT snapshotting. That is effectively a significant nerf to Berserking and Blood Fury, since you'll no longer be able to extend their benefit long past their intended duration. We expect that these changes will bring Trolls and Orcs in line with other races (but not underpowered, either).

Regarding Touch of Elune, we're making all secondary stats useful to everyone (aside from Spirit for non-healers and Bonus Armor for non-tanks), and more closely balancing their value. As others have pointed out, there are no more haste breakpoints, so this doesn’t imply any gear changes should be made based on time of day.

Additionally, we do still want there to be some difference and choice between the racial abilities, which does mean that players who want to min/max to that degree may still find more value in another race. We don’t feel the difference, even in a worst case scenario, is going to be large enough that someone who wants to play a Night Elf should feel like they're making the wrong choice, but players who are only interested in what they feel are the best racials for their class or spec will have other race options available.
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Can we expect a race swap sale when 6.0 drops so when people are inevitably displeased by their racials and/or new models they can pick a new one? >.>;
    90 Human Mage
    03/03/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Celestalon
    Regarding Berserking and Blood Fury, also remember that we’re reducing the amount of cooldown stacking in the game, and more importantly, removing DoT snapshotting. That is effectively a significant nerf to Berserking and Blood Fury, since you'll no longer be able to extend their benefit long past their intended duration. We expect that these changes will bring Trolls and Orcs in line with other races (but not underpowered, either).

Regarding Touch of Elune, we're making all secondary stats useful to everyone (aside from Spirit for non-healers and Bonus Armor for non-tanks), and more closely balancing their value. As others have pointed out, there are no more haste breakpoints, so this doesn’t imply any gear changes should be made based on time of day.

Additionally, we do still want there to be some difference and choice between the racial abilities, which does mean that players who want to min/max to that degree may still find more value in another race. We don’t feel the difference, even in a worst case scenario, is going to be large enough that someone who wants to play a Night Elf should feel like they're making the wrong choice, but players who are only interested in what they feel are the best racials for their class or spec will have other race options available.

Any information on whether or not diplomacy is staying as is?
    90 Undead Priest
    So why are dwarves getting a 2% increase to a secondary stat while the rest of the races are only getting a 1% increase. Seems really unfair to everyone else and OP for them.
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]