Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

90 Troll Shaman
03/03/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Risami
I know that you mention that Pandaren racials wont be changing, but this is my one and only concern, which is something that happens even now. Pandaren essentially "lose" their (important) racial in a fight if they are killed and then later battle rezzed, whereas no other race ever faces losing their racial attributes.

Additionally, I'm sure most people aren't using important stat-foods out in the world questing/leveling/doing dailies (aside from cheap vendor food perhaps) that Pandaren don't get their racial in those capacities either, while all the other races maintain some sort of racial buff everywhere.

Could the Pandaren racial be tweaked in such a way that we have "Full Bellies" or something so that we can keep the food buff equivalent (so not double food buff) or some portion of it all the time? Maybe having a "Hungry" buff to represent it before eating food or while not having eaten food, the same "Well Fed" buff once food is eaten, and then a "Still Full" buff if you are killed and then rezzed in a fight? I really like being a panda, but it's kinda annoying that no one else loses their racial like we do.

Thoughts?

I really like it.
Edited by Bosako on 3/3/2014 12:40 PM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
03/03/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Celestalon
Regarding Touch of Elune, we're making all secondary stats useful to everyone (aside from Spirit for non-healers and Bonus Armor for non-tanks), and more closely balancing their value. As others have pointed out, there are no more haste breakpoints, so this doesn’t imply any gear changes should be made based on time of day.
Sure, no haste breakpoints, but what about crit for fury warriors? Crit is far too valuable at this point with the way that it interacts with the fury warrior rotation. It gives us enrage uptime and raging blow procs, and those raging blow procs are a core part of the rotation. More raging blow procs = smoother rotation. It doesn't feel as good at lower crit with fewer raging blow procs. The night elf racial would be a lot less annoying if crit wasn't so important for fury.
90 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Keriis
03/03/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Flourence
Aren't there only like 10 top guilds?

Take a look at Method, they transferred to horde and even said they were doing this cause of the racials.

Okay, that's one guild.
90 Orc Hunter
Trolls got punked.
90 Human Warrior
03/03/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Celestalon
We don’t feel the difference, even in a worst case scenario, is going to be large enough that someone who wants to play a Night Elf should feel like they're making the wrong choice, but players who are only interested in what they feel are the best racials for their class or spec will have other race options available.

I will disagree wholeheartedly. Aside from the fact this character was started as a human (many moons ago) it stays human because of EMFH. The additional trinket slot (for pvp) is too much of a bonus to give up. I would much rather play as an NE (like their animations and Shadowmeld = awesome)

03/03/2014 12:06 PMPosted by Plezuré
So why are dwarves getting a 2% increase to a secondary stat while the rest of the races are only getting a 1% increase

2% crit damage is little to nothing in terms of a DPS increase, and is basically the same min-max wise as anything else given.
As an Alliance player and Horde Player (as well as a student in Game Theory/Design) it's obvious to me these are great changes and will be very healthy for the game.

People who play Horde exclusively cannot fathom Alliance getting buffs because they've been so heavily underrepresented for so long, and do not even comprehend what it's like for Alliance right now currently (due to the problem being ignored and escalating for so long). People with a deep understanding of the game can see, quite clearly, that Horde racials have too large of an advantage.

The amount of stupidity and angry knee-jerk reactions are not surprising also, having it so good for so long does things to your mind, so they see it as a loss rather then a equaling out.

It's called BALANCE. Also, EMFH has been stated for a while now to not be finished. Just chill out everybody (I mean Horde)

Also, I want to Thank Blizzard for finally getting around to addressing the issue, and doing it head on like this knowing how much it would upset Horde takes some stones.

(My Orc Warlock is unfazed, and my Tauren Druid is excited for his buffs.)
Edited by Thale on 3/3/2014 12:54 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm curious about the Gnome and Dwarf racials from a theorycrafting point of view:

Gnomes's Expansive Mind - With it increasing Runic Power and Energy by 5%, does that mean their base regen also increases by 5%? For example a Gnome Windwalker Monk now has 105 Energy. Would their base energy increase to 10.5? If so, this could affect a gnome's haste cap. In today's standing (I know this is changing but for some clarification) that could lower the haste they need by about 2k Haste rating (5% = 2125 Haste Rating). Is this analysis correct?

Dwarf's Might of the Mountain - Is this similar to the Amp trinket where it affects the Bonus Crit damage only or is it similar to the Meta trinket where it increases the entire crit damage?

Tauren Brawn - Same as Dwarf?
Edited by Delritha on 3/3/2014 1:04 PM PST
90 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 12:52 PMPosted by Thale
As an Alliance player and Horde Player (as well as a student in Game Theory/Design) it's obvious to me these are great changes and will be very healthy for the game.

People who play Horde exclusively cannot fathom Alliance getting buffs because they've been so heavily underrepresented for so long, and do not even comprehend what it's like for Alliance right now currently (due to the problem being ignored and escalating for so long). People with a deep understanding of the game can see, quite clearly, that Horde racials have too large of an advantage.

The amount of stupidity and angry knee-jerk reactions are not surprising also, having it so good for so long does things to your mind, so they see it as a loss rather then a equaling out.

It's called BALANCE. Also, EMFH has been stated for a while now to not be finished. Just chill out everybody (I mean Horde)

Also, I want to Thank Blizzard for finally getting around to addressing the issue, and doing it head on like this knowing how much it would upset Horde takes some stones.

(My Orc Warlock is unfazed, and my Tauren Druid is excited for his buffs.)

No opinion is more valid than another, half of your comment is non sense. My Undead warrior is sad my blood elf warlock is happy.
Edited by Flourence on 3/3/2014 12:57 PM PST
03/03/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Flourence
No opinion is more valid than another, half of your comment is non sense. My Undead warrior is sad my blood elf warlock is happy.

Obviously Blizzard agrees with my opinion more then yours, therefore it is more valid.
Edited by Thale on 3/3/2014 1:01 PM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/03/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Aeolyn
and PVP. Stoneform is now effectively Cloak of Shadows.

Cloak of Shadows has a much shorter cooldown, provides temporary immunity to reapplication, and provides substantially more damage reduction than Stoneform. While it is a minor buff to Stoneform, the effect is more equalization of effectiveness against all classes, rather than Stoneform being vastly more effective against rogues, death knights, and feral druids, but worthless against, for example, warlocks, mages, and priests.

So, no, it's really not the same thing.
90 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Thale

Obviously Blizzard agrees with my opinion more then yours, therefore it is more valid.

Blizzard makes all the right decisions?
90 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Thale

You're coming off quite skirmish, it's your opinion not anyone else s don't make it to be anything else.
03/03/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Bor

Cloak of Shadows has a much shorter cooldown, provides temporary immunity to reapplication, and provides substantially more damage reduction than Stoneform. While it is a minor buff to Stoneform, the effect is more equalization of effectiveness against all classes, rather than Stoneform being vastly more effective against rogues, death knights, and feral druids, but worthless against, for example, warlocks, mages, and priests.

Really, comments like these just showcase people's inability to understand the changes in the first place.

They're so uninformed and misguided they almost don't even deserve a dignified response, imo.
90 Night Elf Hunter

It shares the exact same role in your toolkit. It's a defensive CD that strips debuffs.

They both have some minor variances, sure. It's still pretty obvious what the intent is here.
90 Undead Rogue
03/03/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Ianmccloud
On a completely unrelated note, I for one am looking forward to WoD when Dwarves will finally be around in PvE! Hope to possibly nab some for Mythics!

Actually Cloak of Shadows doesn't remove bleeds and Stoneform does.

So. Yeah.

Removing the bleed is huge for Dwarf Rogues by the way, Rogue doesn't have access to this in any way so when warriors or other rogues bleed you you're not getting back to safety very easily whereas only Dwarf Rogues can. It's why I made one ages ago. Now that it's a second Cloak of Shadows WITH the DR it's just outright insane. Dwarf is basically #1 rogue race at the very least with these changes.
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
In order to keep racials more in line with one another, we’ve decided to bring down a couple of high outliers, then establish a fair baseline and bring the other racials up to that. We’re accomplishing this by improving old passives, replacing obsolete ones, and adding a few new ones where necessary. Ultimately, our goal is to achieve much better parity among races.

So, in effect your making the aliance races MUCH more powerful than the horde races.

Equal on both sides i'm fine with. This is ridiculous.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Well, this guarantees what I was considering to use a free 90 on.

Gnome Monks go, now is the time with those racials!
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If stoneform breaks all magic, disease, bleed, and curse effects, makes you immune to them for 8 seconds, AND is usable while CCed, I'd see that as a possible half-trinket. The only thing EMFH has over Stoneform now is it will break physical effects like hamstring or cheapshot, which there isn't really a lot of. Most CCs are magic-based.
90 Undead Warrior
03/03/2014 01:03 PMPosted by Thale

Really, comments like these just showcase people's inability to understand the changes in the first place.

They're so uninformed and misguided they almost don't even deserve a dignified response, imo.

And yours are so informed and guided by the Godhand.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]