Battleground Honor Adjustments

Community Manager
We’ve recently taken another look at the rate of Honor gains in various Battlegrounds, and have concluded that current Honor gains in several Battlegrounds are too low. To that end, we’ll be making several changes to the way that Honor bonuses are rewarded in those battlegrounds, as follows:

In Arathi Basin, Battle for Gilneas, and Eye of the Storm, we’ll be increasing the frequency at which you’ll be rewarded bonus Honor based on the points your team has earned. Currently, you earn bonus Honor every 260 points (or 200 if that battleground is the current Call to Arms) in these battlegrounds. As a part of this adjustment, we’re going to lower the number to 130 (or 100 during Call to Arms).

We’re also making a similar change to Silvershard Mines. Currently bonus Honor is earned for every 265 points (or every 160 if Silvershard is the current Call to Arms). After the change, you’ll earn bonus Honor every 200 points (or 130 during Call to Arms).

Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks are getting a slightly different treatment. Because these matches tend to take longer than the above Battlegrounds (which directly affects the rate at which you earn Honor from playing them) we wanted to make some changes to speed them up a bit. To do this we’re going to apply the Focused Assault debuff 1 minute after both flags have been picked up, which is 2 minutes earlier than it does currently. Once it’s begun to apply, it will continue to increase at the current rate of 1 stack every minute. On top of that, we’re adding a new bonus at the end of the match: For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

Lastly, in Strand of the Ancients, we’re doubling the bonus a team earns for destroying a gate (or preventing it from being destroyed).

These hotfixes are currently in production, and will be applied as soon as they are ready. We’ll have an update in the official Hotfix blog once they’re active. We look forward to seeing you on the fields of battle!
Edited by Lore on 2/28/2014 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Excellent changes!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I agree, good stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
GOA
Sweet.
Reply Quote
This is great, thanks Lore!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Definitely a step in the right direction, but heroics will still probably be faster for honor grinding. Can finish heroics in about 5-10 minutes, get 500 justice (most heroics have 4 bosses at 120 each) and trade that for 250 honor. Even at 10 minutes each, that's still 1250 honor an hour, and BGs just don't come close enough to that. With a really good group of raid geared players heroics are even faster, can complete some of them in less than 5 minutes, which increases this even more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad honor in BGs will be increased, but I just think it should be enough to at least make BGs worth doing over heroics for honor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Will this effect the reputation gained in Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch?

Conqueror signing in
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
E vs A. Glad you fixed that, it was driving me crazy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/28/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Rucatí
Definitely a step in the right direction, but heroics will still probably be faster for honor grinding. Can finish heroics in about 5-10 minutes, get 500 justice (most heroics have 4 bosses at 120 each) and trade that for 250 honor. Even at 10 minutes each, that's still 1250 honor an hour, and BGs just don't come close enough to that. With a really good group of raid geared players heroics are even faster, can complete some of them in less than 5 minutes, which increases this even more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad honor in BGs will be increased, but I just think it should be enough to at least make BGs worth doing over heroics for honor gear.

Which are awesome until you get nizao or shadowpan and then you are basically stuck there for several minutes of RP you can do nothing about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/28/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Bust

Conqueror signing in

... There's a whole paragraph about how it will be Affected.
Edited by Jullianne on 2/28/2014 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Heroics will still be faster honor gain.

All this does is make BG bots gain honor faster.
Reply Quote
15 Draenei Shaman
02/28/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Lore

We’ve recently taken another look at the rate of Honor gains in various Battlegrounds, and have concluded that current Honor gains in several Battlegrounds are too low.

Why not also undo the Honor to Justice conversion too?

Because when the Justice to Honor conversion was first announced the opposite reasoning was offered in that Justice gain far surpassed Honor gain.

When the conversion went live it also bumped the Honor to Justice conversion up from 375 to 500 for 250 Justice, and you're now saying honor gain is too low from BGs which obviously cascades into the conversion to Justice.
Edited by Renardnoir on 2/28/2014 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like the change to increase honor gains but not so much speeding up Warsong and Twin Peaks even more. I remember when Warsong could sometimes take an hour or so to complete. It was fun.

IMO another hotfix should be to remove the justice point conversion to honor entirely - it's been nerfed repeatedly over time and it can STILL be faster (and more reliable) than actually doing battlegrounds and taking part in PvP. It has served its purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/28/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Jullianne

Conqueror signing in

Try reading. He was asking about reputation gains, not honor.

From my interpretation, I doubt this hotfix affects reputation gains as they are not trying to change that, only honor gains.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/28/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Oddjob
From my interpretation, I doubt this hotfix affects reputation gains as they are not trying to change that, only honor gains.

Correct, these fixes only apply to Honor gains.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/28/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Lore
Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks are getting a slightly different treatment. Because these matches tend to take longer than the above Battlegrounds (which directly affects the rate at which you earn Honor from playing them) we wanted to make some changes to speed them up a bit. To do this we’re going to apply the Focused Assault debuff 1 minute after both flags have been picked up, which is 2 minutes earlier than it does currently. Once it’s begun to apply, it will continue to increase at the current rate of 1 stack every minute. On top of that, we’re adding a new bonus at the end of the match: For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

Will this be in rated as well?
Reply Quote
15 Draenei Shaman

Conqueror signing in

Mind quoting where Lore talks about changes to reputation gain?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/28/2014 05:47 PMPosted by Reveries
Will this be in rated as well?

The Focused Assault change applies to Rated Warsong and Twin Peaks matches as well, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/28/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Lore
The Focused Assault change applies to Rated Warsong and Twin Peaks matches as well, yes.

Thank you for the info :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Conqueror signing in

Who are you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]