Battleground Honor Adjustments

90 Human Paladin
02/28/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Lore
We’ve recently taken another look at the rate of Honor gains in various Battlegrounds, and have concluded that current Honor gains in several Battlegrounds are too low.

You guys just realized this? Jk.

Pretty commonplace to just farm dungeons for honor for like, all of 5.4.

Arathi Basin

Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks are getting a slightly different treatment. Because these matches tend to take longer than the above Battlegrounds

Also I disagree with this, Arathi Basin takes obscenely long.
Edited by Kevin on 3/4/2014 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Priest
Why not just take away just giving away honor and make it so people have to play completely objectively to earn honor... If you can afk and get more honor than someone whos trying, thats a huge problem and you just made it so they can get more for doing so...

Just dont get why this change.. You can be honor geared in a weekend.. How is that taking too long to gear up?

Understandable if you think people would queue more for other places for upping the honor in other bgs, but it feels it still just makes it more profitable to abuse.
Edited by Menrva on 3/5/2014 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Idc about honor. Just give me my 2200 weapons back.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thanks for looking at bgs
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
We’ve recently taken another look at the rate of Honor gains in various Battlegrounds, and have concluded that current Honor gains in several Battlegrounds are too low. To that end, we’ll be making several changes to the way that Honor bonuses are rewarded in those battlegrounds, as follows:

In Arathi Basin, Battle for Gilneas, and Eye of the Storm, we’ll be increasing the frequency at which you’ll be rewarded bonus Honor based on the points your team has earned. Currently, you earn bonus Honor every 260 points (or 200 if that battleground is the current Call to Arms) in these battlegrounds. As a part of this adjustment, we’re going to lower the number to 130 (or 100 during Call to Arms).

We’re also making a similar change to Silvershard Mines. Currently bonus Honor is earned for every 265 points (or every 160 if Silvershard is the current Call to Arms). After the change, you’ll earn bonus Honor every 200 points (or 130 during Call to Arms).

Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks are getting a slightly different treatment. Because these matches tend to take longer than the above Battlegrounds (which directly affects the rate at which you earn Honor from playing them) we wanted to make some changes to speed them up a bit. To do this we’re going to apply the Focused Assault debuff 1 minute after both flags have been picked up, which is 2 minutes earlier than it does currently. Once it’s begun to apply, it will continue to increase at the current rate of 1 stack every minute. On top of that, we’re adding a new bonus at the end of the match: For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

Lastly, in Strand of the Ancients, we’re doubling the bonus a team earns for destroying a gate (or preventing it from being destroyed).

These hotfixes are currently in production, and will be applied as soon as they are ready. We’ll have an update in the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13021019/"]official Hotfix blog[/url] once they’re active. We look forward to seeing you on the fields of battle!

so basically with these changes horde will once again have a huge benefit from honor gain. yet the losers as ally will still suffer from poor honor gain. Seems legit. The games should be balanced around player skill for honor gain. Depending on a team that is usually just bots sucks for the honor grind. So punishing the losing team harshly doesn't help at all.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight

so basically with these changes horde will once again have a huge benefit from honor gain. yet the losers as ally will still suffer from poor honor gain. Seems legit. The games should be balanced around player skill for honor gain. Depending on a team that is usually just bots sucks for the honor grind. So punishing the losing team harshly doesn't help at all.

Try my battlegroup, I won 2 out of 30 yesterday as horde, random bg, no premade. I have seriously considered playing an alliance to 90, then honor gearing on AV or IoC weekend, then faction changing to horde. If that doesn't suggest a huge bias in random bg win rate, I don't know what does.

Also, honor gear is leaps and bounds behind conquest gear. I agree on the bot issue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Thanks, I can get my welfare gear just a bit faster now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So uh.... How about instead of this shenanigans you just make Random BGs no longer faction locked? It would fix the absurdly long Horde queues, and would remedy the consistent losses on Alliance. I mean, RBGs aren't faction locked, why should random BGs?

I feel the Honor gains are fine, if the queues were faster for horde, and you won more often as Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
So, people will get honor faster, and then what? It's possible to get all grievous gear within a couple of weeks, even playing slowly.

The issue is that imba random BGs make the CP reward inadequate. But then your goal is to funnel people into arena and rated BGs, isn't it? The people who just want to do ordinary BGs are screwed, as usual.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Great changes, long overdue.

Plz consider removing random bg and cta, as the bribe kills free choice to pick and choose favourite bgs. Everyone is different, some people love AV, I hate it, etc etc. By doing random, you force people to do painful things, then you take pity on them and give them blacklist...when you could just eliminate cta, random, and that would obviate blacklists and then spread smaller cp reward across every win.

More choice, no pain, gg.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As of today's maintenance, all of these changes should now be live. Thanks for your patience, everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
03/11/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Lore
As of today's maintenance, all of these changes should now be live. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

:D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/28/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Rucatí
Definitely a step in the right direction, but heroics will still probably be faster for honor grinding. Can finish heroics in about 5-10 minutes, get 500 justice (most heroics have 4 bosses at 120 each) and trade that for 250 honor. Even at 10 minutes each, that's still 1250 honor an hour, and BGs just don't come close enough to that. With a really good group of raid geared players heroics are even faster, can complete some of them in less than 5 minutes, which increases this even more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad honor in BGs will be increased, but I just think it should be enough to at least make BGs worth doing over heroics for honor gear.

This post is correct, unfortunately.

I'll be doing heroics for my full 522 set. I'd rather be pvping, for sure, but heroics are just way faster.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/11/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Truthyness
I'll be doing heroics for my full 522 set. I'd rather be pvping, for sure, but heroics are just way faster.

This is going to come off as incredibly sarcastic and mean, but I am sincerely curious.
Can you heal heroics with that gear? Or do you dps?
I only ask because Cata really destroyed my enjoyment of farming heroics, and I haven't stepped foot in many.

Sorry, but I just couldn't think of a way to ask that without sounding like a total douche.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/11/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Nutuprshutup
03/11/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Truthyness

This is going to come off as incredibly sarcastic and mean, but I am sincerely curious.
Can you heal heroics with that gear? Or do you dps?
I only ask because Cata really destroyed my enjoyment of farming heroics, and I haven't stepped foot in many.

Sorry, but I just couldn't think of a way to ask that without sounding like a total douche.

Didn't seem sarcastic or mean to me.

At first I thought I couldn't heal heroics, believe me. I even vowed never to heal in dungeons, and only in pvp. But yesterday I ran around 4-5 heroics, and it was just an absolute breeze. I !@#$ you not, I was standing there doing next to nothing, giving out spot heals and the occasional "ohcrap" heal, but really most of my time was spent watching my HoTs do all the work.

Healing heroics is a joke, as a druid anyway. I'm not sure about any other heal class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/11/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Truthyness

Good stuff. You can never be too sure :)

Ty for the info. as well.
Edited by Nutuprshutup on 3/11/2014 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/11/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Katyia
03/11/2014 01:21 PMPosted by Nutuprshutup

Good stuff. You can never be too sure :)

Ty for the info. as well.

"Heroic" dungeons have a minimum requirement of like 435 ilvl. They only drop 463, so he outgears them by nearly 30 ilvls. I suspect that any healer with his ilvl (490) would find them rather easy.

Don't trust that number, btw. It says I have 490ilvl, with ~470 equipped, but I have my highest level gear equipped, unless blizz decided to give me new gear x).

Around 470ilvl is what I'm at right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/11/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Truthyness

At first I thought I couldn't heal heroics, believe me. I even vowed never to heal in dungeons, and only in pvp. But yesterday I ran around 4-5 heroics, and it was just an absolute breeze. I !@#$ you not, I was standing there doing next to nothing, giving out spot heals and the occasional "ohcrap" heal, but really most of my time was spent watching my HoTs do all the work.

Healing heroics is a joke, as a druid anyway. I'm not sure about any other heal class.

My monk just fistweaves through dungeons... makes them even quicker.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]