Simplifying currency? That's the grand plan?

90 Human Paladin
03/02/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Ashendal
PvP gets to keep their currency mainly because RNG won't fit there

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but we still get RNG in the form of PvE bosses that drop loot -- which I feel don't really belong.

Right now it's celestials dropping 550 prideful gear meaning people can gear out faster than those who stick to just arenas/rbgs.

To be honest, I don't understand why PvErs don't just get tokens off of bosses that they can trade for gear from that raid. I don't get why RNG is so overused.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Getting rid of Valor and Justice is a horrible idea. Not only is it a rare thing to get a drop a piece of loot off of a boss, but to actually get a piece of loot you need, those are horrible odds. SO many times i've gone into a boss fight saying ok this guy i need the trinket, and then tada, i get a piece of loot...... the boots. So i try your fix with the bonus rolls,and suprise suprise, i get another piece of loot..... THE EXACT SAME BOOTS!!!!! NO I want the (fill in the blank) TRINKET!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
03/02/2014 08:14 AMPosted by Crepe
I'm not sure I'm happy with valor/conquest changes. But I'll wait and see what alternate forms of advancement are out there for people prior to reacting to anything.

Going back to pure RNG is a bad idea. I'm not sure what Ion is talking about with the coins "helping", because getting your 4th pair of boots, or a cloak that no one needs, or your 5th bracer doesn't help anyone when it comes to filling out the gear holes that people have in their gear. Especially in the light of the D3 loot system that they're implementing next expansion where getting the piece of gear you need is going to be orders of magnitude more absurd than it is now.

03/02/2014 04:30 PMPosted by Kevin
To be honest, I don't understand why PvErs don't just get tokens off of bosses that they can trade for gear from that raid. I don't get why RNG is so overused.

Artificial lengthening of content.
Edited by Bomdanil on 3/2/2014 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

...and to some it's less fun.

Killing a Boss and seeing that loot you've been waiting for is still a great thrill. Getting a token and going to some random NPC to finally buy that piece you've seen in his inventory is pretty meh IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
03/02/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Indyana
Killing a Boss and seeing that loot you've been waiting for is still a great thrill.

If you get that drop within a reasonable timeframe, sure. The problem with Blizzard's RNG system is that years can go by without ever seeing it, assuming you ever see it at all.
Reply Quote
1. Take them away and let me craft gear like you should have been letting me do from the start that almost every other MMO let's me do.

You can craft gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Especially in the light of the D3 loot system that they're implementing next expansion where getting the piece of gear you need is going to be orders of magnitude more absurd than it is now.

Good news is that should help drive the price of enchanting mats completely into the ground. :p Of course no one will have any of the gear they actually want, but at least they'll all be enchanted.

[Killing a Boss and seeing that loot you've been waiting for is still a great thrill. Getting a token and going to some random NPC to finally buy that piece you've seen in his inventory is pretty meh IMO.

Killing a boss over and over and never seeing that loot you've been waiting for is still boring and frustrating. Getting a token and going to some random NPC to finally buy that piece you've seen in his inventory is at the least satisfying if not thrilling IMO.
Edited by Cornel on 3/2/2014 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/02/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Cornel
Especially in the light of the D3 loot system that they're implementing next expansion where getting the piece of gear you need is going to be orders of magnitude more absurd than it is now.

Good news is that should help drive the price of enchanting mats completely into the ground. :p Of course no one will have any of the gear they actually want, but at least they'll all be enchanted.

Too bad they seem to be removing a lot of enchants based on dev talk.

[Killing a Boss and seeing that loot you've been waiting for is still a great thrill. Getting a token and going to some random NPC to finally buy that piece you've seen in his inventory is pretty meh IMO.

Killing a boss over and over and never seeing that loot you've been waiting for is still boring and frustrating. Getting a token and going to some random NPC to finally buy that piece you've seen in his inventory is at the least satisfying if not thrilling IMO.

The thing is you wind up moving on to the next Tier and forget about the loot that never dropped. It's been that way since Vanilla. Few people get lucky enough to get EVERY piece of gear they want before a Tier is in the rearview and the game is designed so that's OK.

I wouldn't mind keeping Valor vendors as long as Valor only dropped from Raids. The only problem is we'd need 4 types of Currency to keep the 4 iLevels separate or you'd wind up with the same situation the devs faced in Throne. They seem to like each type of Raiding to offer fun upgrades each Tier and Valor gear sort of put a wrench in that design for LFR.
Edited by Indyana on 3/2/2014 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Hunter
03/02/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Solaru
Have you ever thought of moving to Lancaster County Pa?

I spent a few years in New York. I prefer warmer climes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

That's how the system works currently, i guess it's being changed because of a few whiners.

I wouldn't mind keeping Valor vendors as long as Valor only dropped from Raids. The only problem is we'd need 4 types of Currency to keep the 4 iLevels separate or you'd wind up with the same situation the devs faced in Throne. They seem to like each type of Raiding to offer fun upgrades each Tier and Valor gear sort of put a wrench in that design for LFR.

In wrath each tier did drop different tokens and it was nightmare.
Edited by Ziryus on 3/2/2014 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This is yet another misstep and another strike against WoD.

What they should have done was gone back to allowing the purchase of equivalent ilevel gear from valor points, LK-style, with the penalty of the valor point gear being less ideally itemized.

That allowed you to fill in gaps when you weren't getting lucky with boss drops or DKP bids.

Instead removal of valor and justice points = only way to gear is to raid, raid, raid and pray to the RNG gods and waste tons of rolls on garbage or gold.

Once again we see another drawback of this MoP stupidity (that was thankfully obviated by the TImeless Isle) that players should somehow be required to gear through all previous raid tiers if they ever want to see the next tier.

With LFR dropping sub-Heroic-5-man ilevel gear in WoD, it looks like it's going to be another early MoP style grind to get raid geared but now without any valor gear to make it even slightly easier.

As an aside, LOL @ the people who say "but crafting." Crafting is a joke, the gear is worse than raid gear in most aspects, and you can only craft decent gear for 2-3 slots. The mats cost is outrageous, no one ever buys your crafted gear on the AH, and for some crafting such as tailoring you are making items that are vastly inferior to Tier pieces. Blacksmiths making weapons 60 ilevels below current content. Or you could go engineering and get a helm that's obsoleted by Tier helmet and also worthless after the first tier.

It's almost like Blizzard is trying to kill the game by implementing some of the worst, most useless ideas they can think of just to see how long us suckers will keep giving them $15 a month.

Reading some of the earlier posts, It becomes clear who is happy about this change...raiders. "Hah, no gear for the unwashed masses, RAID NORMAL OR DIE!"

Of course, that's what happen when you design the entire game around raiding and throw everything else into the bin. Perhaps they should just delete the first 89 levels entirely and start all players at 90 so they can start the gear grind which is the objective of the entire game design.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/02/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Ziryus

That's how the system works currently, i guess it's being changed because of a few whiners.

Actually that's not how it works for the current Tier. At present Valor can only be used for upgrades or to purchase gear from previous Tiers. That was the original plan for Valor for MoP but the devs changed their minds at the last minute. It seems they're going through with it full blast for WoD.

That was my point and one reason I think they're finally pulling gear from the Vendors. Which gear would be sold? LFR, Normal or Heroic? If it's LFR then it would be nothing more than a place holder for anyone doing Normal and above. If it's Normal than it makes LFR gear less attractive to those players in that content and the same would hold true for Heroic Vendor gear in regards to Normal and LFR.

You can't sell all three even if they all have different costs for the same reasons as above.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
03/02/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Indyana

...and to some it's less fun.

Killing a Boss and seeing that loot you've been waiting for is still a great thrill. Getting a token and going to some random NPC to finally buy that piece you've seen in his inventory is pretty meh IMO.

I don't know. When I played EQ we raided the Temple of Veeshan and all we really got were armor pieces (tokens) we turned in for gear. I thought it was a great system.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Warlock
03/02/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Kenshimoo
1. Take them away and let me craft gear like you should have been letting me do from the start that almost every other MMO let's me do.

You can craft gear.

Unless you're planning to revamp crafting beyond the pitiful excuse it is now into what it should have been from the start ... And by decent I don't mean a pair of pants and a belt at the end. I mean a FULL set of gear. The crafting proff's should have been that way from the start. What kind of idiotic tailor goes, "hmm...I'm only going to learn to make really good pants and nothing else. Yep only pants for me!" Blacksmithing gets to make a full set of weapons. They aren't top of the class heroic quality but they get a FULL selection to make. Do that for every other crafting profession.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
03/02/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Nassins
Once again we see another drawback of this MoP stupidity (that was thankfully obviated by the TImeless Isle) that players should somehow be required to gear through all previous raid tiers if they ever want to see the next tier.

This can't be stated enough. Additionally, LFR as the only tool really at later tiers to gear up to see the next tier was a terrible choice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
The reason I dont pve is because rng. Its simple. I dont want to grind out raids for weeks and weeks and weeks just for 1 item. Tell me its mmo all you want but thats why I have been pvp since vanilla. PvE isnt my thing and rng makes it worse.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/02/2014 04:48 PMPosted by Bomdanil

I have to agree with you there. I can see it going back to certain specs being completely unplayable again because they simply can't get the stats they need on a piece and not being able to even put a gem in to try to get some of the stat they want since gem slots are supposed to be rarer. Then add that enchanting is going to be trimmed down as well, meaning we may not even have the enchant to try to help us out with it as well. And good bye reforging which could ameliorate these problems. It's great I don't have to worry about hit and expertise, but it seems like it could be hurting us all in the long run. Now we won't even be able to purchase a piece of gear that might be better stat wise that we got from our raid.

But hey, we can put that piece of gear on the second we get it even if it isn't as helpful as we'd like. That's a good trade off, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/02/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Ziryus

It wasn't necessarily a nightmare. It meant that you couldn't "valor farm" old content. Which meant that you couldn't farm your way into the next tier.

You actually had to work through the content.

Yes. You actually had to bank on the latest Heroic Dungeons to have drops for your class/spec. Then you had to get into pugs for the content prior to current. How else would you get competitive gear to enter current content?
Back then you had to play your character in a raid setting where you were expected to know what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

There was accountability, because LFR and cross realm did NOT exist. You had something back then - a reputation. Even with poor performance, you could at least be polite and be given another chance after you learned to play better.
Edited by Nuliea on 3/2/2014 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Stripping currency...

...what a funny title.

._.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]