Simplifying currency? That's the grand plan?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/02/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Aelivar
Stripping currency...

...what a funny title.

._.

Geeze. Apparently copying the title of the article just CAN'T be done on these forums. Changed it to make people less "goldshire" like.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
So is this like an "May the odds be forever in your favor" sort of thing or what?

Either way, it reminds me of why there's an Auction house and why to hit the "greed" or "pass" on all rolls I get in an instance.
Reply Quote
64 Gnome Warlock
03/02/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Nassins
As an aside, LOL @ the people who say "but crafting." Crafting is a joke, the gear is worse than raid gear in most aspects, and you can only craft decent gear for 2-3 slots.

The "but crafting" person was saying that "but crafting" wasn't going to be a solution unless they invested resources into fixing crafting as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
03/02/2014 06:55 PMPosted by Bomdanil
03/02/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Nassins
As an aside, LOL @ the people who say "but crafting." Crafting is a joke, the gear is worse than raid gear in most aspects, and you can only craft decent gear for 2-3 slots.

The "but crafting" person was saying that "but crafting" wasn't going to be a solution unless they invested resources into fixing crafting as a whole.

Yep. I'd really love to have plans/patterns for every slot at 553 on my BS/LW toons....
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
03/02/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Kenshimoo
03/02/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Ashendal
1. Take them away and let me craft gear like you should have been letting me do from the start that almost every other MMO let's me do.

You can craft gear.

Not to fill every slot though. If every profession had the ability to craft entry level gear for LFR the game would be a lot less annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/02/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Anikyre
Yep. I'd really love to have plans/patterns for every slot at 553 on my BS/LW toons....

So would I but they show no signs of changing from the current model.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Qt
In a weird self-frustrating way, I liked RNG honestly. It brought a form of gratification beating the unwinnable game of randomness. Playing/doing something for 'X" amount of time guaranteeing the final prize, while was nice, wasn't so gratifying for me and in some cases just made the grind much more mind-numbing and then boop, you got it! Meh..... I think WoW is the reason I have a urge to gamble on everything/anything....anyway, I for one, hope they never take away RNG aspect of the game.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 07:02 PMPosted by Nassins
03/02/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Anikyre

So would I but they show no signs of changing from the current model.

I know. It's fairly frustrating, though I don't allow it to interfere with my love of and enjoyment of the game as a whole.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Hunter
03/02/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Ashendal
Geeze. Apparently copying the title of the article just CAN'T be done on these forums. Changed it to make people less "goldshire" like.

I liked the old one. Once you get to page 8, never tamper with what got you there.

Blues are human too, you know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/02/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Indyana
Actually that's not how it works for the current Tier. At present Valor can only be used for upgrades or to purchase gear from previous Tiers. That was the original plan for Valor for MoP but the devs changed their minds at the last minute. It seems they're going through with it full blast for WoD.

You're very right Blizzard replaced VP and JP with timeless isle gear. If they keep doing that it's pretty much a non issue. But that said the same people complaining about timeless isle are making the same complaints made against VP gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/02/2014 07:22 PMPosted by Ziryus
You're very right Blizzard replaced VP and JP with timeless isle gear. If they keep doing that it's pretty much a non issue. But that said the same people complaining about timeless isle are making the same complaints made against VP gear.

Timeless isle gear is nothing like VP gear. It may be higher ilevel, but it's entirely RNG based both when it drops and what you get when you use it.

The ICC-era LK system was still the best, IMO.

Thanks to Blizzard's horrendous RNG loot system, it is entirely possible for me to run, say, Flex Siege weekly on every one of my 90s and never get a single piece of gear that I need on rolls or on drops. There is no "bad luck" protection as promised, and if it really does exist, it will kick in at the worst possible boss, awarding duplicate loot or unneeded loot, an thereby "resetting" the RNG making it so you can't win rolls until you get enough "bad luck" to trigger protection.

At least in normal I have a 20% chance of getting something I need to drop.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Paladin
“The bonus rolls system that we have these days actually goes a long way towards helping counteract that.”

because 18 gold is super awesome and far more valuable than a slot upgrade...

really, gold is all i have ever yielded from a bonus roll, and sometimes its less than a daily quest is worth. I really hope they dont do away with buyable secondary gear (and a currency for it) and replace it with a second game of rng. That basically says to those of us out there who are genuinely unlucky "go find a new game you will get nothing here"

I liked the BC currency method. There was the pvp currencies for pvp, and there was Badge of Justice for everything else/ You got 1 badge for a dungeon boss on heroic, i dont remember how many for a raid boss it may have been more. Raids also had select bosses with the tier set tokens. If you ran your raids and couldnt find the slot you needed to fill, there was the isle with its vendor that sold BoJ items. These items werent cheap, if you didnt run alot you could take a couple weeks to get a slot upgrade but the work was paid with a reward.

Dumping EVERYTHING onto rng takes all the sense of effort = reward and throws it into space. 1 person can do 1 run and get all the luck and all the gear, another can do 1000 runs and see nothing, thats not in any way how effort = reward should be
Edited by Shamaladin on 3/2/2014 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
/agree with OP.

I farmed SoO LFR and FLEX for seven weeks. SEVEN weeks, before I saw a single ring drop. As my armory reflects, that is still the only nice ring I have, and the other was purchased with valor. To further that point, I'm up to like 10 weeks of clears now, and doing most of Normal mode every week now, and I've still only seen ONE healing trinket drop. And yes, I use all my bonus rolls every week. It must be worth it though, those rolls add up to around 90g and some changer per week...oh wait, repairs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/02/2014 07:33 PMPosted by Nassins

Timeless isle gear is nothing like VP gear. It may be higher ilevel, but it's entirely RNG based both when it drops and what you get when you use it.

Thanks to Blizzard's horrendous RNG loot system, it is entirely possible for me to run, say, Flex Siege weekly on every one of my 90s and never get a single piece of gear that I need on rolls or on drops. There is no "bad luck" protection as promised, and if it really does exist, it will kick in at the worst possible boss, awarding duplicate loot or unneeded loot, an thereby "resetting" the RNG making it so you can't win rolls until you get enough "bad luck" to trigger protection.

You'll have the option to use a standard loot system for Normal and Heroic in WoD. That means gear can be funneled to those that need it most. 25 man "Flex" runs using the standard loot system will be the most efficient way of gearing just like always.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/02/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Indyana
You'll have the option to use a standard loot system for Normal and Heroic in WoD. That means gear can be funneled to those that need it most. 25 man "Flex" runs using the standard loot system will be the most efficient way of gearing just like always.

There's no reason for guilds to run 25 man flex, and the normal mode loot system will not work with PUGs. No real guild wastes time on Flex when Normal is not significantly harder, simply because raid time is valuable and you can't force your members to be raiding 6 days a week and expect anything good to happen. If you're going to run any sort of progression, you have to focus on Normal mode or Mythic, as a guild.

The very thought that I have to raid 3 different raids a week is already a huge negative in my book.

The system worked so well in LK (pre-lockout) that I cannot imagine why it was ever changed.

Run heroics to get in the raid. Fill in stuff that doesn't drop with badge or valor gear. Progress to heroic raiding and start alt runs to gear up guild alts.

Progression path was heroic dungeons -> normal raid -> heroic raid. How simple and effective!

Now in WoD it looks like this: dungeons -> lfr -> heroic dungeons ->(previous tiers) -> flex raid -> normal raid -> heroic raid.

In ICC most of my guild at the time had 3-4 alts all fully normal geared able to work on heroics. You could roll a fresh 80 and get it ready for ICC in a couple weeks with valor and 5 man ICC dungeons + a few runs through ToC. Gearing is such a chore now that I refuse to raid on any of my alts just because of how hard it is to get geared. (496 to 550 is a long jump.)

Blizzard needs to get rid of LFR and flex and go back to the LK style. I shouldn't have to clear the same raid on 2 easier difficulties just to get the right to experience it on Normal and Heroic.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/02/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Indyana

There's no reason for guilds to run 25 man flex, and the normal mode loot system will not work with PUGs. No real guild wastes time on Flex when Normal is not significantly harder, simply because raid time is valuable and you can't force your members to be raiding 6 days a week and expect anything good to happen. If you're going to run any sort of progression, you have to focus on Normal mode or Mythic, as a guild.

Normal and Heroic ARE Flex in WoD. Unless your Guild's doing Mythic 20 you're going to be running Flex. Where have you been?

Progression path was heroic dungeons -> normal raid -> heroic raid. How simple and effective!

Now in WoD it looks like this: dungeons -> lfr -> heroic dungeons ->(previous tiers) -> flex raid -> normal raid -> heroic raid.

No it doesn't. It's just like you described for Wrath.

It's Heroic 5 mans > Normal Raid > Heroic Raid. No need to do LFR at all if you're in an organized Raiding Guild.
There's no more Normal or Heroic raids as you know them now. There's LFR, Normal Flex (current Flex), Heroic Flex (current Normal), Mythic (20 man only and the equivalent of current Heroic Raids).

Normal level 90 5 mans will give you gear to get into LFR.
Heroic level 90 5 mans will give you gear to get into Normal Raids but will require a Silver Medal in the PG for your role.

Your post is so full of misinformation it's scary.
Edited by Indyana on 3/2/2014 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/02/2014 08:43 PMPosted by Indyana
There's LFR, Normal Flex (current Flex), Heroic Flex (current Normal), Mythic (20 man only and the equivalent of current Heroic Raids).

That's still 4 raids you have to run.

My point is that the game does not need more than two raid difficulties IMO.

My other point is that you should be able to go straight from Heroic 5 mans to what WoD will call Heroic Flex.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/02/2014 07:33 PMPosted by Nassins

Did you ever raid before VP or timeless isle gear?
Reply Quote
Remember that wod heroics are going to give equal loot to LFR.
So that means it'll be a little less RNG based.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]