Removing burst, removing CC, removing disarm, removing stats, etc etc.

29 Night Elf Druid
02/28/2014 06:26 AMPosted by Somaliu
The new talent trees are not just better they are vastly superior to the 'go to xx website and copy/paste your build or fail' trees we used to have. Hit/expertise and reforging became the same thing.

Yeah, with the new trees, we only have to go to a website and copy 6 talents instead of 51, or 41 or 71. Meh, Ive disliked the new trees since inception. You had MORE diverse talents in trees of past.

However, that being said, the game HAS been and is continuing to be dumbed down further and further.

My theory? Blizzard has giving up on WoW and just pushes patch's and expansions through to appease the mass of baby boomers and cry babies who think they are owed everything in the game without working for it.

WoW is an old game, it really does not have many more years left in it to be sustained by dwindling subscribers so Blizzard is coming up with all sorts of things to gain as much money as they can from a dying game before they push out their new game, Titan - or what ever they want to call it. Honestly, I believe Titan is finished and ready, but why put something new out when your still making money on WoW?
Edited by Greenpeäce on 2/28/2014 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/28/2014 06:25 AMPosted by Dljman
02/28/2014 06:21 AMPosted by Barnacles
So, are you unsubbing or just rambling? Either way, good bye

Posted from a level 1 shadow alt, no less.

Which as something to do with what?

That are as which we think you thought may could have been rong.

Yup.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, with the new trees, we only have to g to a website and copy 6 talents instead of 51, or 41 or 71. Meh, Ive disliked the new trees since inception. You had MORE diverse talents in trees of past.

However, that being said, the game HAS been and is continuing to be dumbed down further and further.

If you're not changing your talents/glyphs depending on the fight you're likely doing it wrong, and this is coming from an LFR hero. The fact that I have to change my configuration of talents on a fight-by-fight basis is automatically more diverse to me than anything I've had in the past, and I've been playing this stupid !@# game for a long time.

02/28/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Greenpeäce
Honestly, I believe Titan is finished and ready, but why put something new out when your still making money on WoW?

Titan has been scrapped and rebooted multiple times and was actually scrapped completely in 2013 due to wanting to take the project in a different direction. It's likely not going to be an MMO anymore, that's why so much of the BC team that went from WoW to Titan is coming back to WoW for WoD.
Edited by Leladin on 2/28/2014 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do we even know which abilities are being taken out? Pretty sure they said they were just taking out abilities that had were overly pointless. Kinda like Inquisition, or the kitty druid version of it. Filler crap. Necessary filler crap, in order to do decent DPS, but still crap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/28/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Bunt
Do we even know which abilities are being taken out?

Sounded more like combining CDs and other abilities that either get used together anyway or end up serving the exact same purpose; not so much removing core rotation/priority components.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/28/2014 12:24 PMPosted by Mavrosed
Scary? Why would it be scary to have less things to do, less choices to make?

A wise man once said a game is a series of interesting choices. For some the takeaway from that is more choices mean a better game. In general I see the Blizzard approach as a focus on emphasizing what an interesting choice is. Interesting choices can offer depth and complexity without needing to be numerous and overwhelming for the sake of being overwhelming. It's easy to throw all of the paint on the floor and say it's done. It's far more difficult to properly mix, and restrain, and balance elements. Looking at chess, there are relatively few pieces with few "abilities", it's a near-infinitely deep and complex game, and strategies for it continue to evolve even hundreds of years later. Certainly someone could introduce dozens of new chess pieces, dozens of new choices, and there would be some subset of players who would enjoy it more purely due to an increase in complexity.

Over time as new systems are introduced to WoW, others are removed, and iteration happens on current mechanics, these things tend to become more complex at no fault of their own. I think any designer would agree that it's not the fault of the player that the game's systems get more and more complex over time as changes are made. It's a snowball effect for sure, and it's not the player's fault when things get out of control over years and years of patches and iteration and inflation of complexity. It's just difficult to predict what the game will be like a few years from now, and only approaching design from that future-angle would likely mean less active design to help address current issues (something we wouldn't want to do). But at the very least we can recognize when we need to reevaluate the corner we've painted ourselves into, can enact that change in an intelligent way that makes the game better, and ideally be able to explain clearly why we're making it.
Edited by Bashiok on 2/28/2014 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
On the matter of scrubbing your face across your keyboard.

What happens when you have a cold? Or a wicked sinus infection?
Reply Quote
No more disarms is pretty dumb sounding. I like my disarm ability...it even buffs my damage in PvE!
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue

There's nothing wrong with posting from a level 1 shadow alt. This is the only toon I post with.
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Death Knight
window licking goodness.
/lick lick

snoze berries..
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Death Knight
02/28/2014 01:34 PMPosted by Forumtoon

There's nothing wrong with posting from a level 1 shadow alt. This is the only toon I post with.

so true...gotta protect identity...
Edited by Bloodash on 2/28/2014 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
02/28/2014 07:03 AMPosted by Bomdanil
02/28/2014 07:00 AMPosted by Relsk
Sometimes it just means an extra button on your bar that doesn't get used much.

If it doesn't get used much, then it doesn't belong on your bar.

Then removing it from the game shouldn't be that big a deal, then.
Edited by Talvang on 2/28/2014 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The first sign someone is delusional is posting that talent trees had more variation and choice in the past.

I carry 60 tomes of the clear mind and go through em in around 3 days, I change talents for soloing heroics, for challenge modes, for pvp, for raids, for different bosses in the same raid. That was never the case in the past, there was one set of talents that WORKED and a whole bunch of other choices that were useless.

That's only choice if you're a shallow minded twit, who thinks that numbers of choices = interesting choices
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter

. Looking at chess, there are relatively few pieces with few "abilities", it's a near-infinitely deep and complex game, and strategies for it continue to evolve even hundreds of years later.

Expanding on this, Go has only two pieces, black and white discs, and is even deeper than Chess, with computer chess programs being better than any human long before the same is true for Go, whereas most games with tons of cards and money, like Monopoly, are much less complicated than either. I would put forth as a proposition the theory that ability bloat in an MMO is likely to cause a decrease in real complexity, as each additional ability makes it incrementally more difficult to achieve the perfect balance that allows, and is necessary for, real choices and real complexity.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Its okay OP, no doubt your skill level was insufficient to properly use the spells that were removed anyway, so this should be a net gain to you.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
02/28/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Mavrosed
Difficulty and complexity are not the same thing.

Depth and complexity aren't the same thing either but you seem to believe otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Can't wait. Warlords is gonna be like a brand new game with my same chars and my stuffs. So excite.

Changes like this are why I still play 8+ years later. If it was the exact same game today, I would've been gone 7.5 years ago. For better or worse (omg gotta relearn h2p), it will be different and fresh and New.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]