Wind Shear: Range needs to be increased.

85 Orc Shaman
Wind Shear is currently 25 yard range. This is a problem for elemental, especially with the 40 yard range for all casters. Was not Wind Shear in the talent Elemental Reach? If not, why not now? Right now this is counter productive to our max range when we need to be in 25 to interrupt.

Why is the range 25? Why is it not 40 by default? This creates the same problem for resto when they are not in range to interrupt and use the utility they were designed for. Enhancement has fewer problems with the range, however, it influences them as well.

I checked all ranged interrupts/silence on the map that I could think of. I found these facts:

Counterspell: 40 yards
    Spell Lock: 30 yards
    Wind Shear: 25 yards
    Strangulate: 30 yards
    Silence: 30 yards

It was 40 yards; however, somewhere in 4.0 it was changed and I am uncertain why it was. I found no discussion on this, so I made one.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
There's no reason to keep it at such a low range. It's just one of those problems in our class that doesn't get fixed because other matters come first. :(
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
There's no reason to keep it at such a low range. It's just one of those problems in our class that doesn't get fixed because other matters come first. :(

Edit : Gota love these forums
Edited by Birdofheaven on 12/1/2010 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin

Edt : I really love these forums and their triple posting skilz
Edited by Birdofheaven on 12/1/2010 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I'll trade you for Rebuke which is melee range. I just started a dwarf shaman and lemme tell you, Wind Shear is the bomb.
Edited by Alinon on 12/1/2010 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
6 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
If we learn nothing else from this thread, the forums need a delete post option.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin

I'll trade you for Rebuke which is melee range. I just started a dwarf paladin and lemme tell you, Wind Shear is the bomb.

Ranged class =/= melee class
( Ele )

Also different classes are different...go figure
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Considering Counterspell is 40yds, it would only make sense to make Windshear 40yds as well.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Considering Counterspell is 40yds, it would only make sense to make Windshear 40yds as well.

That is what I am referring. The only other ability as close to CS and WS is SL from warlocks and that belongs on the pet. The pet itself can be on the caster or nearby, which is why it is 30 yards.

Wind shear on 25 yards is extremely limiting to the playstyle. Same thing happened to Unleash Elements being 20 yards. Was changed into 40 because of the limitations.

Peace!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Because, you know, wind shear isn't one of the best interrupts in the game or anything. What's the CD? 6 seconds? Also, you have to consider that it's available to ALL SPECS of shaman. I don't think a buff to 30 would be all THAT bad for ele only, but no way should it be baseline 30 -> buffed 40.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
It's an interrupt. It interrupts. At range. Every 6 seconds.

Silence - 45 second CD, only available to the DPS tree
Spell lock - 24 second cd, only available to a specific pet
Strangulate - 2 min cd
Counterspell - 24 second cd, could probably use a range redux.

I hate to use this tired old phrase, but different classes are different. They are balanced with abilities like this in mind.

Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
Maybe when hunters get their ranges increased on 50% of their shots you can too.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I think I should also point out that you're comparing an interrupt to a pile of silences. They are two very different things anyway.

Also, what does me being a hunter have to do with people making illogical complaints?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I'm okay with this because it would be overpowered and I play a resto shaman.

On another note, 30 yards max.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]