Wind Shear: Range needs to be increased.

85 Troll Shaman

Only one class has an interrupt at 40 yards and that's mage.

Not true, Solar beam, another with 40 yard range, off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
We should compare Hammer of Justice and Hex next. Hex is just woefully inadequate as a stun.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Mage
Actually, the outlier is counterspell, which should almost certainly be nerfed down to 30 yards. Wind sheer is already incredibly powerful, if you make an effort to truly abuse it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

2 casters face off, eley vs mage, mage silence wins the fight without a doubt. THIS IS BROKEN.
And i dont even have a shaman.

Translation: I don't play either, but I sure can crab like a little girl about it.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Since you're asking I'll take a 40 yard range on kick and shadowstep.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin

I realize it wasn't present on beta and it's not there now. Has a blue confirmed they are removing them, or are they(and possibly the rest of the pvp gear such as the pieces with expertise) going to be addressed at a later date?

The way blues respond to use now we'll most likely never know. They post in blogs instead of short responses to small questions. :( On beta it was removed from every classes gloves, and I'd bet we'll never get a blue response on that.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
6 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
Though I know I dont need to cast atm at 85 (lol ice lance). I will say when we do have to start casting again, it is nearly impossible to kill an ele shaman that can play (as a a mage at least).
Just switching grounding and wind shear I can Maybe get 1 frostbolt out hasted.

Then Purge purge purge win.
Reply Quote
this is why you don't fight shamans at <25 yards

I was replying to the OP who wanted Wind shear at 40 which would be silly
Reply Quote
Considering the shaman interrupt already beats out melee interrupts by both range AND cooldown length, there should be no whining. Different class is different. Every class is not equal to another in all aspects, as one may be better at some things, and the other may be better at others.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Considering the shaman interrupt already beats out melee interrupts by both range AND cooldown length, there should be no whining. Different class is different. Every class is not equal to another in all aspects, as one may be better at some things, and the other may be better at others.

Different classes are different and shaman interrupt is more powerful than my melee one cannot exist in the same breathe. You've effectively contradicted yourself.

Though I know I dont need to cast atm at 85 (lol ice lance). I will say when we do have to start casting again, it is nearly impossible to kill an ele shaman that can play (as a a mage at least).

Just switching grounding and wind shear I can Maybe get 1 frostbolt out hasted.

Then Purge purge purge win.

2 things
A) That's a terrible mage, think about it.....cast -> 2 seconds lockout -> lockout ends ( 3s left on interrupt Cd ) cast->cast->cast-> interrupt. Also grounding totem stops one spell it doesn't stop then next powerful one.( It's also on the GCD )
B) Duels don't define a classes strength. ( Or an abilities )
Edited by Birdofheaven on 12/2/2010 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]